The Loss is Overwhelming

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by brooklin, Oct 13, 2009.

1. brooklin

brooklin New Member

For over 30 years I have suffered with chronic fibromyalgia and chronic dizziness and off balance to find each year getting worse and worse and consequently working less and less hours to accommodate my condition. This January the dizziness got so bad I repeated MRI's and other test and still no conclusion except for fibro causing this. From Jan till now I have worked my little 8 hour a week job and pretty much went and sat at ball games this summer. Two weeks ago I lost my job (18 years) and when I started to look for employment I realized that I would never physically be able to work. I also got free chiropractic care working for a chiropractor all those years gradually reducing my work hours to 8 hours a week.
    The pain is one thing, the no sleep is another, but the dizziness and off balance is debilitating. I have had to leave the grocery store or certian places I have been at times. I have had to leave events with no warning. the dizziness is always there but the dizzy attactks come and go with NO warning it just happens.
    I have 30 years of documentation and most recently since Jan I have testing and documentation, yet still worked that 8 hours a week missing some because of dizziness.
    I feel such a loss of realizing now that I am truly unable to work. I had to halt my organizing business because I was unable to run that. I just don't know what to do. I filed for SSA last week. I know nothing about it. Did I do the right thing? I don't know what to do. I know after 30 years this is not going to get better. I am just overwhelmed
    Thanks
    ML
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

And the Fibro board has so many people who understand your situation and can offer information and explain their own situations. How about posting there and perhaps you may get the information and support you seek. Good luck.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. 2Cat's suggestion is a good one. There is also a
    board called "Disability/Benefits" which discusses applying for Soc. Sec.

And you may want to visit the Chit chat board. It is about the only social
    life I have left. Folks there chat about movies, pets, music, days gone by,
    etc.

Good luck

Rock
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Don't forget to look at the large thread on the Fibro board about filing for Social Security Disability when you have Fibro--it is very good.
  5. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Have you ever been tested for Benign Positional Vertigo???? Just asking, because I was dizzy for awhile, and my Dr could not figure it out. I ended up seeing a Neurologist and he figured it out in one visit....
  6. shelby11

shelby11 New Member

I filed for disability in the 90's. I worked 27 yrs since i was 16 as a hairdresser, In pain. Then Fibro here in Ky no one beleived in. I foind out at Cleaveland Clinic I had it and Post polio Syndrom, I also had polio when I was 7, was so fortunantthat I was bad, just alot of one side weakness's and no muscle in my rgt leg, but, was skinny so u couldn't really tell it. I filed and it took 2 yrs with a lawyer and he got so much back pay it made me sick, now u can get disability on fibro. No lawyer. A guy my husband works for is not a lawyer and he will go to court with you for a small fee. So I hope whereever u live it's easy and you don't have to wait 2 yrs, plus I did all the paper work, filing records from my drs, and I was having 7 foot surgeries, trying to do this. Good luck. Just have your ducks in a row meme
  7. fayella

fayella New Member

i'm new here tonight and so know how you feel. i was placed on long term disability from nursing. i miss almost all of it!! my pain is from osteo and broken bones in my spine and sacrum. i know i can never acute care nurse again, have gained 30 pounds from "resting", feel old and useless. add to this a bit of brain numbing from drugs! we will get thru it because the alternative is to be dead. fayella