The Lounge 104!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spacee, May 5, 2012.

1. spacee

spacee Member

Today is Cinco De Mayo (may not be spelled correctly). So, Enjoy!

Just starting the new thread. See the #103 for the latest posts.

Just thinking about you all makes me happy!

Love, Linda
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Also, tonight, the moon will appear HUGE because it's closer to Earth in its orbit; it will also appear brighter. Get out and howl at the full moon tonight. Two reasons to celebrate!

I'm still tired over all the being off meds, fasting, my injection, etc. so am still taking it easy. My borrowed e-book from the library is due in 3 days and I'm only 80 pecent through. I guess I had better get reading. Only problem is that I'll likely fall asleep. We had a lovely morning so decided to sit out there with two neighbors and one small dog. It was nice. I have a ton of work inside to do but am willing to let it slide so I can finish my book. I don't want to lose all I've read. Borrowing e-books is nice but two weeks isn't enough for some books. They cannot be extended but you can borrow them again. If it's a popular or new book, you have to get back on the queue. Heck, by the time it comes around again, I would have forgotten what I had already read.

We are in for hot, humid days without much chance of rain. I don't want to go through another drought season. I hate being inside in the A/C as much as I hated being inside in the CO winters with the heat. Maybe that's why people ski. Actually, one can go outside in either heat or cold if one is willing to freeze or sweat. If I could tolerate the sun, I would head for the pool. Eventually, I hope to be able to. All in God's good time.

Sending love to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  3. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

With my dog Lily this morning.Another cold snap.GS stayed the night and his mom too.Soon they'll all be together in their own home.That will be nice for them.They put GS to bed last night and went to a bonfire.I didn't take any sleep meds until I heard them come home.I have no idea how late guessing 1am.I was afraid I wouldn't hear him.

This morning it's him and me while everyone is asleep and huz is at Church.Thank goodness for cartoons.My energy level is kaput this whole week hope it's better next week.

I love your grandkid stories Linda.They are so wise.DD went to pick up GD at preschool and she asked her,who are you and how did you find me.DD responded with I am your mother and you're right where I left you this morning.That night DD found out that statement was made on the Rapunzel DVD.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Was too tired to look at it last night and didn't get up in time to see it set this morning. If I'm lucky, I'll see it tonight. I'm still tired today but managed to cut my hair and do my nails. That'll have to count as something productive for today. It was a nice morning today so Barb and I had our second cups of coffee on the balcony this morning.

Yes, Leah, our bodies often fail us when we wish we could do something. 'Tis the nature of what we have to deal with. I usually just try to make the best of it, even if means I just watch TV or read. If that's all I'm capable of, it'll have to do.

Pam, my Andy is pretty much past saying the cute things but Ilona's GGS is just into saying things so funny, you crack up. He watches a lot of TV and learns all these phrases which he manages to use in just the right context. All these things become part of our vernacular.

I have $20 in Bealls Bucks I have to spend by tomorrow so will have to go shopping. Gloria Vanderbilt Capri pants are on sale so think I will look for a pair of khaki Capris. They go with everything. Wish I could find a pair of nice brown Capris but the just don't seem to exist in a style I like. Khakis are great for everyday and working in.

It's nice to have polished nails but they won't last. Always chip. I usually wear clear but want to have some color now and then. I'll be watching TV tonight. "Game of Thrones" is what I want to be sure not to miss. Looooove that show!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The injections react differently with everyone. I was told that there may be some shots which don't seem to make much difference. This has been true in my case. It's the long-term results one is looking for. It usually isn't like one gets the first shot, starts to feel better and then just keeps getting better all the time although, that may happen too.

Other things factor in: You have to be off your meds for four days and you have to fast before the shot and an hour afterward; You may have other things going on, like allergies (I have had severe allergies lately); You may be changing your meds (I am); and you may get sick with a virus (I did). This shot had to be postponed a week because I caught a virus, keeping me off my meds for more than a week. I believe these external factors are responsible for my fatigue right now. I'll probably perk up in a few days.

Fatigue is my only symptom right now; the arthritis, pain, and Sjogren's symptoms are gone. I consider this success. My energy will return. I am usually not energetic the week of the shot but I am more fatigued this time. I also had to fast for labs two days following the shot. I don't do fasting well anymore.

I just want to be clear to anyone considering this treatment that it isn't an instant panacea. They usually do three injections before stopping if there is no improvement at all. At that time, they can send plasma to Europe for examination to determine whether a different, or tailored, serum is called for.

One has to have patience. I am sooooo much better than I was six months ago that my friends, family and neighbors are amazed. Still, that doesn't mean I don't have fatigue. It's just that my fatigue doesn't put me in bed for days or a week.

Good luck to you if you decide to go this route. It is the best option for what ails us than anything I have yet seen. I just want to try to paint an accurate picture of how this treatment has worked for me.

Love, Mikie
  6. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Storms today.That means body aches.I finally got a decent sleep though finally.We will be watching 3yr. old this afternoon while the inspector checks out DS house.We had him here all weekend and are looking forward to some peace and quiet tomorrow.To old for all this noise and activity.

Yesterday it was just GS and I in a room together when he said he needed to put this in the trash.I looked up and he held up a finger and said booger.I told him a kleenex was next to him and he said he ate to many of them yesterday.
    What can you say to that?I burst out laughing.They just say whatever comes to mind you never know what's next.

So much to do but so little energy, story of my life.

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No problem :) I know this is such a complex treatment in how it works but is a simple idea. Yes, I have to be off everything except my Klonopin and acetaminophen for the headaches I get when off my BP meds. I will likely not go back on the thyroid unless the labwork indicates I need to. I cannot take anything which is designed to block receptors; that's why I can't take my allergy meds which block histamine receptors. My allegies are overall better but something down here has made everyone sick with allergies. It's gone now. Allegies make me extremely exhausted and I couldn't take anything during the whole allergy breakout.

I think we will need a lot more anecdotal info from people on the injections before a clearer picture emerges for us. Of course, my doc has seen tons of people get well on them and has had access to thousands of clinical cases from Europe.

It is a pain being off my meds but a small price for the results. I will continue to try to post about what is happening. I don't want to paint my experience too positively nor too negatively. For me, it's been a hugely positive experience but not free from some snags.

Love, Mikie
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I send y'all my best.

Leah, I keep you in my prayers. I know how hard it is to keep a positive outlook. You are very, very good at inspiring the rest of us.

Pam, be sure to share with family or write down these little gems of wisdom from the mouth of the babe so you don't forget them. Our FL Family uses these silly little sayings with one another, going way back to our own kids to GGK's. It's a wealth of laughs. Art Linkletter would be proud!

I'm still a bit tired but am doing laundry. I hate to let it pile up. Earlier, I went out to water flowers and prune our cashia tree from growing over the balcony rail. I have my new lantern out there for when Barb and I want a drink in the evening or coffee early in the morning. I can't wait to zap my first bug. Ilona has a battery-operated gizmo which looks like a kid's tennis racquet. It's a zapper. If you swat the gnat, the strings on the racquet fry him. I know how bloodthirsty that sounds but insects down here in the summer bite us raw if we don't control them.

It still hasn't rained and our little pond out back is getting low again. Oy! It is beautiful but warm. If I don't get something done by 9:00 a.m. now outside, it's too hot to do it. Tomorrow is condo mtg. day. Think I'll go and then visit my Mom's best friend in the nursing home. I made her a pink crystal and pearl necklace with a pink and clear pendant in the shape of a dragonfly. It's hard to know what to get people in homes. I know she'll love it. Just hope it doesn't disappear.

Sending my love, hugs and prayers to everyone. Where are all our Loungers, anyway?

Love, Mikie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I almost forgot...yesterday, I went to Michael's and got some Martha Stewart fabric paint for the two white scoop neck tees I got almost free with my Bealls Bucks. I washed them so they will be ready to paint. I also got some glitter and tiny crystals in clear and black to add to the paint. I've been cutting out pics of shirt I like from the stores' brochures and taking pics of shirts I like in the store.

I've been so behind in my work around here that I can't paint shirts until I clean things up a bit--guilt. Got to get work done first. If I get some done, at least, I won't feel too guilty to do something fun and creative. That's why half my paintings aren't finished. I can water down the same acryllic paint I use for paintings on the shirts, and will likely use some of the colors to mix with the new ones, but the MS paint was 40 percent off and the colors are already the colors I need to match my sparkley Capri pants.

Wish I could find something to do to spend time with Mom's friend. I don't play cards and can't stand to sit still playing games or putting puzzles together. I may see if I can take her with me to a store or out for coffee. She's using a walker now so she isn't all that mobile. When I've taken her out for a bite, she just picks at it. She's in her 90's and that's how they get. I was lucky in that my Mom would eat if I cooked. When we went out, she picked. Grandpa, across the street, was the same way and then complained that his son didn't take him out to eat. Ah, the joys of dealing with the really elderly. Still, I'd give anything to have my Mom back.

Again, still wondering where our Loungers are. I hope everyone is OK.

Love, Mikie
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Got the computer back. As is generally the case after repairs, it is working...
    sorta. Still freezes up for no apparent cause. I'm ready to toss the dang
    thing in the vast Pacific.

I did learn something new about the computer. There is an icon at the top
    of the page which I always thought was an arrow. Turns out it's supposed
    to represent a house. You click on it to get to your home page. Was
    news to me.

Well, I didn't have the computer so couldn't post my annual Cinco de Mayo
    joke. I'm like the two guys that started Talk Like a Pirate Day. They said
    they celebrated it every year except when they forgot or other circumstances

Mikie, what are you painting on your T shirts? Funny sayings? Here are
    a couple I found on the net that were new to me. "Here I am. What are your
    other two wishes?"

"And yet, despite the look on my face, you are still talking."

I painted a T shirt about 40 years ago. It was a picture of my favorite opera
    singer. Turned out better than I expected. Can't remember what kinda paint
    I used.

Pam, maybe your grandson will turn out to be a writer like Dave Barry. Just
    finished rereading his book "Boogers are My Beat". Of course nose picking
    is severely frowned on in our culture. On the other hand, we should all
    practice good nasal hygiene.

There was a poster here a few years back that had a dog named Lily. Here
    in LA, the calla lilies are in bloom. One house has them in front and all along
    one side. Very impressive.

Granni, I couldn't agree with you more when it comes to modern TV. Most
    of it is unwatchable. And so many commercials nowadays. And loud. Some
    of the documentaries have loud music that drowns out the narration. Very
    annoying. Gordon and I did watch Antiques Roadshow last night. The show
    was broadcast from Minneapolis. Gordon was greatly taken with a yellow
    diamond ring.

Jam, nice to see you on the porch. Pull up a rocker or a glider. Whatever
    suits your fanny. Come back when you're in the neighborhood. (Note:
    Jam lives beside the vast Pacific. Jam, was it you who used to hula in
    your younger days?)

Will post this (I yam askeered of losing it.) and return like General MaCarthur..

11. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I like your T shirt saying Rock.I always try and catch sight of what's written when I pass people wearing them.Some are pretty vulgar and I can't believe they have the nerve to walk around with that written on their chests or back.Lots are really funny.

I like Dave Barry's sense of humor I haven't read his stuff in years.Kids have no sensor that's what makes me laugh the hardest you can't take offense.When they get old enough to know better that's a different story.

Thanks for writing about your progress Mikie it is very interesting.Not for me yet I'm not a pioneer.I'll continue to watch with interest until it's been around awhile and lots of good results then I'll moan about suffering all the needless yrs. when I could have been on the cutting edge.Seems to happen that way doesn't it?

More rain and cooler temps.It causes so much back pain for me.I'm tired of doing nothin but it's to painful to do anything much.

12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Rock, good to hear from you. Painting an opera singer? I'm impressed big time. I'm just going to be doing some rather loose floral designs. I may even use a sponge for a couple of them. I see the same designs on shirts in the stores and they cost a LOT. I have a lifetime supply of tees due to my knack for finding them on sale, so might as well jazz a few of them up. One interesting method is to find leaves and use a brush to paint one side with SoftScrub with bleach. If lain on a dark shirt, it will leave a nice design. Black shirts will turn beige where bleached.

Like you, Pam, I love to read tee shirts and bumper stickers. I used to have one which read, "Does Anal Retentive Have a Hyphen?" What's sad is that it depends, and I know when it should have one and when it shouldn't. It's one of the few little nuggets of my formerly literate life I can recall. I totally get waiting on any treatment. I've been sick for so long and had so many things wrong that i feel I have to act on this now. It has been the cutting-edge (note hyphen :) treatments which have helped me heal more than anything else. I've been lucky to have had docs who supported me.

Jam, Disco Queen, huh? I like that. I remember how beautiful and talented Donna Summer was. She quit show biz for a while but later did a few things. It's like Cat Stephens. Seems a waste when God gives such talent but I guess if one quits to delve into one's relationship with God, I should respect that.

I'm home and exhausted. I went to the meeting, stopped in to see Mom's friend, and went to Target to exchange a faulty patio chair. Twice now, I've gone out and driven right past the library and forgot to return my book. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Mom's friend suffers from Alzheimers and some days, I know how she feels. Actually, she looks great and her dimentia is better. She's 95, bless her heart, and is in good health otherwise. She loved the necklace I made for her and insisted on putting it on so she could wear it to the diningroom for lunch. I used a magnetic clasp so it would be easy for her to get off and on.

Despite all the good the shots have done, I'm still tired a lot of the time. It'll go away and I'll have some energy. I just have to be patient. This time was a bit different. Condo is still a mess but the laundry's done. It won't take much to clean it up. I don't think I have any more things I have to deal with for a while now, thank God!

Well, gang, think I'll get back to doing nothing for a while. It suits me.

Love, Mikie
  13. jole

jole Member

I had a long post (apparently too long) and lost it. Nope, not on the Health Board. So will just say I'm still around, and thinking of you all for now. Try again tomorrow. Hugs to all.
  14. rockgor

Jole, is this the missing post?

5/8/12 7:03 AM Busy porchies....

Looks like lots going on at everyone's homes.

Julie, I saw your post about your DD on FB, and it's wonderful to hear she's back home! My GS was born at 25 weeks, 17 years ago. That was the scariest thing I've ever been through, not to mention how bad it was for his parents. He had to be lifewatched to a larger hospital immediately for NICU care. He had heart surgery at 4 days old, weighing 1 lb. 6 oz. It was a roller coaster ride for months! I so hope Lindsey can hang in there for awhile yet. Prayers going up!

Spring, I love hearing about your's all so different from ours, and sounds so healthy. I'm sure we eat way too much meat, but has always been one of our staples, especially as farmers.

Granni, don't know how you do the yard work, and even though it's so fulfilling to be able to do it, I sure understand why you'd be wanting to quit. So hard to give things up that we enjoy doing though.

Joan, so many people don't understand pain, and don't want to be around people who have it. They act like it's catching or Your pastor is so in the wrong, but you know it'll catch up with her. All you can do is your best, and remember it is NOT your problem, it's theirs. I find when I'm in a lot of pain, I withdraw into myself more.....and sometimes feel like I'm being ignored when maybe it's just me being less outgoing. I just can't be around people any more. It's too stressful and causes panic attacks for me. Sometimes even my own kids.....the ones I love the most! Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined my life being like this, but it is what it is.

And I also understand the being ignored by everyone when you're home. The one thing that's helped me is I've started sending cards of encouragement to people when I hear of someone who's sick...cancer, etc. Even if I never hear back from them, it makes me feel as though my life isn't completely worthless.

Our youngest DD/family were here last weekend. One of our other DDs B-day was Saturday and they all went out to karaoke (sp). So we babysat. Oh my gosh! One evening felt like a Loved every minute of it, but couldn't get out of bed the next day..and today's not much better.
    They brought me some plants, and my GD and I were going to put them out by the porch, but it rained. They're still in my utility room. Hope they don't die before we get them planted.

No other news. Hugs to all.......Jole
  15. spacee

spacee Member

It's 11pm and the gang are leaving early in the am so goodbye'e have been
    said. Will see them in 1.5 weeks in NC so no tears.

Tonite taught the 5yo how to play checkers a bit on the computer. She loved
    it.We can play as opponents via Ichat, but gotta work on figuring that out IF
    we are going to do it. Have a feeling she could go much longer than I on that

These girls don't watch but a bit of tv a day so they are quite good at
    doing creative playing with the toys and things that I have for them.
    IG, they 'built' little 'rooms' in the living room to be their office.

I got down a very cheap gituar that I got a number of years ago. They
    were sitting outside on the driveway playing that and a pot with a wooden
    spoon (to beat) awaiting Huz's arrival from work.

Jam, supplements help me a lot too. I think I did pretty well this visit
    because of them. That and fewer ppl here so not the bedlam that we
    usually have.

And we had CAKE! and ICE CREAM!. We had that for the 3 ppl having
    B'days in May. It sure was good. I have to watch my sweet tooth!!

Leah, I am so sorry you can't do more. You mean so much to us.
    Thank you for using your precious energy to post here.

Those tiny babies must have been terrifying to nurse into health! So
    glad they are doing well.

And Rock, thanks for saving Jole's post! And the funny t-shirt saying.
    Since watching Alice in Wonderland, the 3 yo has been saying "Off with
    your head!!" Queen of Heart's favorite line.

Hope I am not repeating. No NRG to read my last post.

Nite and hugs to all!! (Sorry if I miss saying hello to any. Pam comes
    to mind and Mikie!.)

16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry not to be commenting on anyone's posts, cept Jam's question, but I'm beat! Don't know why I'm still so tired but have been through this before so will just wait it out.

Jam, I was diagnosed with OA in my hands and wrists. I suspect I also have RA in one wrist and two fingers as they are deformed. They don't look nearly as bad as when they were inflammed and swollen. In any case, there is no more pain. Time was when I could barely touch them without crying. There is a peptide serum for RA but it doesn't work quite as fast as the other injections. I am very lucky in that I evidently have a lot of receptors so the broad-spectrum serum I get works well for everything. This fatigue is the most stubborn symptom right now. Even with the fatigue, though, I'm not in bed and I'm able to do things.

Rock, thanks for pasting Jole's post.

Jole, thanks for posting.

Linda, good to see you post too.

Sorry to be so brief. I'm answering Jam because she is interested in my treatment and has some specific questions about it that I need to answer for her and am glad to do it. Wish I had more energy to "chat" with everyone but I need to get going. Love to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  17. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

It's coming up Sun.Huz and DS are talking about it as I post.DS complaining I'm hard to buy for.I think my kids say that when they're to lazy to really put thought into it.I don't care anyway gifts are not important to me just a phone call and make sure I don't have to cook.KFC chicken is always appreciated and I see they are throwing in a chocolate bundt cake this yr.LOL.
    Huz had dentist and eye Dr. appt. this morning and I came with.Moral support I guess.I was so excited we get two wks. with no appts. on the calendar but no huz needs to see the regular dentist for a third try on a complete root canal on that one tooth he's been waiting for an implant on.The post spins in place so can't have a crown put on.Bad luck or the dentist did a poor job not sure which yet.Frustrating though.

I'm not a biscuit or roll lover.I think you posted your recipe Fredia and they sounded lighter so I would like them.I tear most or all of the bread off my sandwiches which horrifies my carb loving family.

Looked for small bushes today to replace the mostly dead Holly bushes in the front yard.Nothing looked good,maybe to early yet.Neighbors have gardens in and growing already but we are not ready yet.If house goes up in a couple months I could be planting it for someone else.If I don't and we can't sell right away no goodies for us.What to do?

18. rockgor

Have been sans computer for the last 3 days. Well, actually I have the
    computer. It's just that it hasn't been working. So Gordon said probably
    his brother didn't pay the bill, and he would take care of it.

So now, as you see, the computer is once again connected to the world,
    but Gordon says he didn't do anything except call AT&T who said the
    bill was paid. All very misterioso. I believe computers are even more
    puzzling than quantum mechanics.

Mikie, the T shirt I painted did not require much in the way of artistic talent.
    I just traced the cover of a record jacket. I would like to have been a
    great artist of some sort. Or even one who was just popular and filthy
    rich. But alas...

Freida, I hope you are feeling better. How nice that you have a hubby
    who can make biscuits. I am sending you a big cyber hug and a wave
    to go with the unwavering support. As Linda said, it's nice of you to
    use some of your limited energy to visit us on the lounge.

Linda, I don't know if I could manage to play checkers on the
    computer. My son and I used to play lots of board and card games
    when he was small. Now I suppose they are played on the computer
    or maybe, not at all.

Pam, my reaction to many T shirts is the same as yours. And have
    you noticed how some messages are really hard to decipher because
    the wearer has such substantial hills and valleys in front? I believe
    Congress should enact a law requiring such people to wear shirts with
    the message on the back. This, of course, would also require them to
    walk backwards.

Here's a T shirt message for intellectuals:

"Haikus are easy
    But sometimes don't make much sense

Or perhaps suitable for nature lovers. Or watchers of documentaries.

And here are a couple for, oh, I dunno. Just about everydobby maybe.

"I am right 97% of the time.
    Who cares about the other 4%"

"To err is human.
    To Arr is pirate."

Bon voyage
  19. spacee

spacee Member

If only they paid well...then Rock would have his goal. I guess they pay
    well some place in the world. You just have to figure out where and have
    the energy and the brain power to get there.

I love Improv. Only have seen it in person one time. Not sure it was really
    improvised but it was really funny,

Yes, I think I know the system with the little ones. Take board games to
    any hotel visit. And let them wreck the house, if here. Seriously. They
    are so happy and quiet. Angelic. Off with their heads!!

Huz got to see their mother "in action" correcting one of them while in the
    car on the way to the airport. She has had training. Just like dog training.
    She got a seriously serious look on her face, lowered her voice an octave.
    and said "I will share your pillow!". Emphasis on the 'will' and maybe not
    quite an octave lower. It worked.

Also, next time I am going to use a folder to keep all the important papers
    so I can find them after the visit. I have too many "good" places to put
    important papers.

DS said "get the porch looked at asap. Meaning 'before it falls down or has
    another serious problem". Told him I would after June wedding. Very tired
    of putting money into a house that we will never get it back when sold.
    Guess a number of ppl feel that way since the 'Great Recession" as I heard
    it called tonite on the news.

Well, this has been all about me but it's all I have tonite. Pacing. Going to
    meet brother/fam in Orlando for lunch Sat. Yep, going to be right there in
    the midst of the Mother's Day shoppers.

Nite and hugs!!

20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I ask where our Loungers and everyone comes out of the woodwork. Yea! Soooo good to see everyone here.

Leah, you put it so beautifully regarding missing our loved ones. I have my Mom in spirit in my heart. I get various feelings when I think of her. First one is gratitude. I was not an easy child--smart but with ADHD. I also laugh when I think of how funny she could be. Sometimes, I just ache inside for wanting to see her and hug her again. I believe when it's time for me to go Home, she'll be waiting for me and I'll run to her. On a more down-to-earth topic, I love it when you mention your bisquits because it makes my mouth water and, even though I seldom have SS symptoms now, anyone who has had them appreciates just how miraculous salivating can be.

Pam, I also don't really want gifts of suff but my kids in CO sent flowers and they are soooooo cute. It's a basket with a white fluffy dog, made out of flowers, in it. There is even a cute little dog-bone-shaped tag. The flowers around the dog are so colorful and smell like I hope Heaven will smell. I'm also looking at bushes we need to remove around the bldg. and what to buy to replace them. I want to get it done during our rainy season that is, if we ever get rain.

Hey, Rock, always good to read your witty posts. One of my favorite sayings is that there are three kinds of people in the world--those who understand math and those who don't. After I tell that joke, I find out there are three kinds of people in the world--those who get the joke, those who don't, and those who don't listen. The last category is the largest. I don't have artistic talent but I do love abstract art and I enjoy painting abstracts. I don't have to worry about making my paintings look like some real object, person or place. I can get into colors, texture, brushstrokes, etc. There comes a time when I know the painting is done.

Jam, the peptide injections aren't for everyone but I'm glad I'm doing them despite how lousy I've felt this time. I'm doing better today. Barb and I sat on the balcony til 11:00 this morning. She's leaving in less than a month until Sept. It's still nice out in the mornings, so we want to get in all the sittin' we can. I am lucky in that my OA seemed to have been limited to my hands, wrists and knees. After I had both knees arthroscoped, the joints cleaned out, and the Synvisc injections, it seems to have taken care of the problem. Now, I'm sure the peptide injections are helping the knees too. I am most thankful that the Sjogren's symptoms and my hands and wrists are doing so well. When my hands were sooooo inflammed, I could barely do anything.

Linda, sorry your pourch needs work. Seems to me that down here, things just don't last as long. DD said she is sending some important papers from Andy so I can change out the artwork on my fridge. Also, his school takes spring pictures so she is sending those. Going to Orlando, huh? I've only driven there to pass through or go to Disney. Traffic wasn't as bad as Denver, LA or Atlanta but it was bad enough.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. My mind doesn't work well when I'm tired. Heck, it never works WELL but some days, it's worse than others. Yesterday, I went to see Mom's best friend and am so glad I did. She loved the necklace I made for her and insisted on putting it on so the others could see it at lunch. She's so much more settled into her life there now. She wasn't clingy and needy for me to stay. It used to break my heart to have to leave her. Her mind is much improved; I wonder if they have changed her meds. She's 95 and looks better than ever. I couldn't stay long as I had to make a stop at the library to return a book and at Target to return my folding balcony chair. It was coming apart and those chairs aren't cheap. I'm hoping they will close them out as they did the ones I have out on my lanai and I can get a couple of extras. We have a lot of guests on the balcony, humans, dogs and cats. We serve coffee and mixed drinks to the humans and keep treats for the dogs and cats.

I am going to try to get a couple of things done around this much neglected condo today. The kitchen, especially, needs cleaned up. I did manage to finish trimming up my neckline hair. I cut it myself but it always needs to be fine tuned for a day or so. I jumped in the shower and that felt good. It's always so nice to have the Lounge to drop in on. Y'all have a great day!

Love, Mikie