The Macho Man and God's word..............

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Galatians 6:3

The definition of a “macho man” is a “big baby”. Think about it.

Never let pride enter my heart and cause me to be something I am not.

2. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Amen Shirl, this something I read by Beth Moore when I first became a Christian..gave me the creepy chills.
    My Name is Pride, I am a Cheater
    I cheat you of your God-given destiny….. because you demand your own way.

I cheat you of contentment…..because you “deserve better than this,”

I cheat you of knowledge…because you already know it all.

I cheat you of healing …because you are too full of me to forgive.

I cheat you of holiness…because you refuse to admit when you’re wrong.

I cheat you of vision…because you’d rather look in the mirror than out a window.

I cheat you of genuine friendship…because nobody’s going to know the real you.

I cheat you of love…because real romance demands sacrifice.

I cheat you of greatness in heaven…because you refuse to wash another’s feet on earth.

I cheat you of God‘s glory…because I convince you to seek your own.

My name is Pride, I am a cheater.

You like me because you think I’m always looking out for you. Untrue…

I’m looking to make a fool of you. God has so much for you, I admit, but don’t worry….

If you stick with me
    You’ll never know.

Beth Moore “Praying God’s Word”
    Breaking free of Spiritual strongholds.

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Miss Autumn, that is enough to give one the chills. So many of us at least can admit to one or more of those "Pride" attitudes. But being Christian's, we can confess them and be forgiven.

Satan is a busy old dragon, and steals our joy from us because of Pride.

The only line I disagree with, is the last: 'If you stick with me you'll never know'.

Sooner or later those who have that much pride with the demons (pride), will know, but usually its too late to turn it around to the Lord, and its pretty hot where they are going for eternity!

Thanks for responding.........

In His Name,

Shalom, Shirl

4. jole

jole Member

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say the one thing these DDs have taught me is humility! I will be honest and say I was prideful about things before...pride in my job to the point that I would love people to notice I could do twice as much as other co-workers....pride in my ability to keep my home clean, work 12 hour shifts and still attend all the kid's school functions, and volunteer.

A lot of what I did was for my kids, yes; but a lot was done because I liked hearing people say how good I was!

Since being sooo sick, I've learned how wrong it was, and the humility I've learned leads me to an entirely different way of seeing life. Now I can see God's works instead of mine, and it feels so much better! Took being knocked down to understand that "my" achievments weren't really "mine" at all, but His through me! Now I feel blessed to be able to do my dishes...or make a bed....and a pain-free day is a true blessing! It's so much easier to praise Him! Jole
  5. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

This illness certainly has humbled me in many ways but boy do I have a long way to Go!!!! I keep thinking I killed that prideful self then something comes up and I react.... but God will show us, forgive us and renew our hearts...if we let Him
    Shirl, I never thought of that - the prideful will find out but when it is too late for them.
    Sarah