The May 31st Deadline is soon approaching

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kenfromhugs, May 28, 2006.

1. kenfromhugs

kenfromhugs New Member

"Fibromyalgia, Life's Stories" Book 2, invitation to you.

Thank you to Vana and the rest of the Staff at Pro Health for getting involved by inviting you to have your stories told and read all over the World.

These Books will also be available for purchase from Pro Health immediately after being Published.

Fibromyalgia, Life's Stories Book 2 has started and is looking for YOU.

You've read the first book in this series and thought, "My Story should be in there". Well, here's your chance. Click this link and send us your Story.
    http://www2.fibrohugs.com/soupermail/storyform.html

Everyone of us has our own "How Fibromyalgia has affected me" story and now you can share that with the World. Whether you're a Fibro patient or a Spouse of one, or a Family Member, maybe you're a Doctor that treats Fibro patients, or you have another connection to this illness and have a valuable Story to tell about it. Some of these stories will be hard luck ones, some will be on coping, some on support or the lack of it, and some will just be a story of how you manage on a day to day basis.

It was recommended to us that we do this project as an E-book. In a business way that would be the perfect way to be successful. You make one digital copy, make it available for download at a cost, and sit back and rake in the cash. Like I said, business wise, that is definitely the way to be successful but to be successful for the Fibromyalgia Community we have to approach it in a different way.

First off, we aren't driven by how much money this could have made. Our driving force is to get as many books throughout the World that are visible and available to absolutely everyone, not just ones that have a computer.

I hear over and over again in our chat rooms about lack of support from friends and family members. Then I see replies of "bring them to chat" or "get them to read the forums" only to get immediate responses of "they hate computers" or "they don't have a computer" and so on and so on.

After the release of our first book I received numerous thank you emails with phrases such as:

"After leaving the book in our bathroom my Husband finally read a couple stories and said it sounds just like me. The more he read the more I seen changes in the way he treated me and he even told me that he believes me now"

"I work for a large Corporation and ordered a second book for our lunch room. Within 2 months there were 3 other workmates diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after reading that book. They said they finally read about how they felt and realized they weren't just crazy and went to their Doctor and told them what to check for. They are still sick, but at least now they aren't scared."

"My Mother-in-law never did like me and we just tolerated each other because she thought I was lazy and a burden to her Son. I gave her the Lifes Stories book for Christmas with a note saying there is nothing that I can say to get you to like me so I am giving your this book to read so you will at least understand me. It took a time for her to break down and read it and I found that out when I answered my door and she was in tears, all she could do is hug me and repeat sorry sorry sorry over and over again. She is now my best advocate. Thank you for making us a complete Family."

I have many other ones but it's these types of emails that tell me the book was the greatest success ever, not financially, but spiritually.

We do have a few of the first books available. I've added a link at the top of the Submissions page for you if you would like to order one. Thanks for your support and it's interesting how you chat with someone for years and think you know and understand them so well. Then you read their story in the book and it just draws you that much closer to them.

Thank you all and I hope your weekend was great. This post originated here:
    http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=833383&B=FM
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Never heard this before. Giving you a bump