The Mechanic and Cardiologist

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaltair, Jul 22, 2007.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

A mechanic was removing a cylinder-head from the motor of a BMW motorcycle when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop.

The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his bike when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?"

The cardiologist, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and said, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, repair any damage, and then put them back in, and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I make $39,675 a year, a pretty small salary and you get the really big bucks ($1,695,759) when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The cardiologist paused, smiled and leaned over, then whispered to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running."
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Good one! Now just how can they compare human life surgery to an Auto! Right? lolol,,Good point!
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

don't they put the patient on bypass and turn off the engine before they replace valves?

I don't think I want to go to that cardiologist!

I bet a doctor made up this joke.

4. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hey Rafiki,

Loved your response. All very good points! :)

5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

And, I love your profile pic.!

I was in Oregon once many years ago. I was taking a snow cat up a mountain and, while expressing how beautiful everything was, I said "Ore-gone" with my Canadian accent. The guy with me in the cat said, "It's Ore-GUN" and made a pretend gun with his hand which he pointed at my head. Ok, point taken!!! I'll never forget how to pronounce Oregun!

Beautiful place!

peace out,