the meds I take that work for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kckitty, Mar 3, 2003.

1. kckitty

kckitty New Member

the downside is to find someone who will subscribe it-the doctor I see now is a a psychiatrist who is head of the pain managemnent clinic at a hospital. SHe is a big bitch and I cant stand her but she is the only doctor is KC that will subscribe what I am taking. No other doctor would touch me after my rheumy had to get rid of his patients taking narcotics ! anyway my last resort was the methadone clinic and they referred me to who I see now0-I take alot of stuf but if finally works and it lasts longer than the other stuff I was on. I take morphine 3x a day, 6-8 percocet
    prozac, wellbutrin amitrptyln, xanex, celebrex and skelaxin which is a muscle relaxer. Its alot of shit but I am recovering alcoholic so I figure I have an off the wall tolerance for drugs. I think the morphine and the percocet help the most but there are days I take everything and I am still in pain. I guess shrinks arent afraid to prescribe this stuff as opposed to my other doctors who wouldnt touch me. it works for me-but talk with your doctors and see what combinations work for you. good luck everyone.
  2. TurtleInaBox

TurtleInaBox New Member

gee whiz I got a little high just reading your post...

i'm glad you found combo that is working for you... i'm still looking.
  3. beckster

beckster New Member

KcKitty, just curious why your rheumy had to drop all his patients who needed narcotic meds? This is worrisome. I wonder if there is an effort underway to get us out of "regular" docs and into "shrinks" even though we don't technically have a psychiatric illness. Glad your meds work for you.