The Most Deadly Habit

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by SmokingInfo, Jan 27, 2013.

1. SmokingInfo

SmokingInfo New Member

According to the American Cancer Society, “smoking is the most preventable cause of death in our society,” and nearly “half of all Americans who keep smoking will die because of the habit."

In fact, smoking cigarettes accounts for more American deaths than alcohol, car accidents, suicide, AIDS, homicide, and illegal drugs combined.

If you use tobacco products, please stop! Encourage everyone you know to avoid this deadly and costly habit TODAY!
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Smoking seems to be a big feature, but chewing tobacco is very bad also. Some baseball players had parts of jaws removed due to cancer.
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

is doing chemo treatment for stage 3 lung cancer and he quit about 14 yrs ago when my 1st grand was born, but not
    soon enough, he's 54 and started the dirty habit when he was about 10 yes back then they started that young those boys....

I have a friend who has a son who chewed and ended up with mouth cancer........ Horrible horrible stuff that poison.
  4. bookitty123

bookitty123 New Member

You are so right!! I just went to a ENT doc and he did a scope and I am DX;Polynoid Edema..I looked it up on the internet and boy oh boy if you see what cigs do you will try to quit.I stopped yesterday after my doc appt.Just do it" one dat at a time"..that's what I keep saying.

bookitty123
  5. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

That a lot more movies have characters who smoke in them. I though it was just me or the movie was a "period" piece, but no, here's everyone puffing away like wood stoves! I'd like to see THIS trend end quickly!