the movie "Safe" with Julianne Moore is on cable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamj, Oct 23, 2005.

1. pamj

pamj New Member

If you have Comcast digital service with "on demand" movies, it's listed as a FREE movie. I just watched it this morning with my husband.

For those who haven't heard of it, she plays a person with environmental illness, and has trouble getting people to believe her at first. Her first doctor is a real jerk! She ends up staying at a chemical free clinic in the desert. It's a bit slow moving, but interesting.

I know that many people here have been waiting to see it.

take care,
    Pam
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for this info!

I watched the movie this morning. It was wonderful. While it was a tad slow, it just reminded me of real life! It was very good and I hope many others will watch it.

I don't have enviromental problems but the movie is good for all of us fighting any 'invisible' disease.

Thank you, thank you!

Kim
  3. pamj

pamj New Member

bumping for those who may have missed the post last week...
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Funny, I never thought of it as slow. I've seen it several times, and find it riveting every time. It's definitely not a high action movie, but they really set a dark mood and show all the subtle things we face and the stigma of trying to live in the world w/ normal people who don't understand and wonder wht's really wrong w/ you, because it's usually not visible to them.

Think of all the people who must have believed in this mysterious malady, from the writer who wrote the insightful script, to all the actors and staff who must have taken low pay to do a little independant movie. Right up to the A-list Julianne Moore, who had to believe in this enough to play this role so believably.

Jeanne