The New Forums are a work in progress and you are the author.

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback, Questions & Suggestions' started by ProHealth, May 14, 2013.

?

How do you like the new system?

Poll closed May 28, 2013.
  1. I'll be making some suggestions.

17.6%
  2. I like it a lot!

64.7%
  3. I am not sure.

5.9%
  4. I don't like it.

11.8%
  1. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

Dear ProHealth Forum Members,
    Welcome to our new forums. We wanted to provide the best ME/CFS forums on the web and we are looking for your help. The software was designed by some of the most knowledgeable forum developers in the world and provides an extremely robust feature set to make adjustments. These new features and functionality allow us to customize the system to fit your needs and easily out class our old software.

Learning the new system can take some time, but I am confident we will all get the hang of it and thrive within this new environment. We will work hard to create a place where patients and healthcare providers feel good spending time, so it is important that we make our forums comfortable, functional, and a nice place to hang out. Rest assured that we will keep making any necessary adjustments until we get it right.

Your happiness and satisfaction mean a lot to me and the ProHealth Team, so please tell us what you like, dislike and by all means give us suggestions so that we can make our new forum the best forums on the web.

Your happiness, satisfaction and participation on the boards are gratefully appreciated.

Wishing you good health,
    Rich Carson
    Patient and ProHealth Founder
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

While I understand that you are looking to see a positive spin on things. I really feel that your poll is rather one sided. There isn't an option for those that are unhappy, therefore the poll is one sided, and unfair.

I won't vote, because I don't feel that you are giving everyone a voice here.
    lgp likes this.
  3. PHXenMaster

PHXenMaster Administrator Staff Member

The Poll was my idea and a simple fun way to get some more feedback. If you prefer we add an additional option that suggest you do not like the system, I can definitely do that. Just let me know what you would like it to say and I will be happy to add the additional polling option.

These forums are for you all, created to provide a positive productive environment we can all benefit from. We are also learning the capabilities of the forum software as we get to know the system better just as you are. We'll be looking to optimize and improve the forums to fit your needs as best we can. Thanks for all your help in making this an environment people will want to visit and share within.
    Sincerely,
    Darshan
    paulac7 and stick2013 like this.
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

As far as I can understand the likes/trophys thing, to me it's like a competition thing, that's not
    why I'm here or I don't think many, not a competition... I never use the like thing anywhere and
    won't use it here, why?
  5. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Yes, I think that there should be an option for those that don't like the new look of the forum system, to be fair for all.

A person either likes something or they don't, or they like it somewhat. I just felt that everyone should have an option. Thanks for understanding.
    lgp likes this.
  6. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I don't agree with you on this point. You like something or you don't. You sort of like something or your not sure. There are choices beyond what was given in the poll.

I don't like Lima beans and there is no way I would even try them. So I don't like them. I sort of like carrots, and will eat them if I have too, but I LOVE asparagus and will always eat that. It's all about being given choices beyond a yes or a no answer.
  7. PHXenMaster

I agree, everyone should be able to have an opinion. I just hope that we don't let our opinions get in the way of keeping an open mind and attempting understand someone who may have a different opinion.
    My hope is that we can all be respectful to each other and work toward providing an environment that will encourage participation, knowledge, support and everything else that keeps you coming back to the ProHealth Forums.
    Best regards,
    Darshan

PS I have added 2 additional poll options for you to choose from.
    paulac7 likes this.
  8. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Darshan, I still haven't been able to read on my computer screen. The posts run over and I have to scroll to the end to read the second half of every post. I need the option that the other website had to adjust my screen. It allowed me to have a wide or narrow screen. I won't be able to use this format until I can get this done.

It was ok for one day, then went back to the run over. Is there anything I can do to correct it? Thanks. GB66
  9. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I stated in the other thread that I wasn't bothered by the fonts or much of anything else. Well, I guess I spoke too soon.

My complaints.

1). The option to CHANGE fonts, color and their size. I really feel that this is distracting. Many of us here suffer from Fibromyalgia, and CFS. We all know that brain fog is a huge issue. I think mixing things up with the fonts, sizes and color adds to that. Possibly just allowing these changes in the chat thread only?

2) Not liking the signature thing either, due to some are long winded, and again the fonts are an issue for me. Possibly limiting how much a person can put in their signature?

3). The religious overtones are an issue with me also. I believe that religion should be kept off limits. There are to many people with too many different beliefs and someone is bound to get offended.

I like the uploading of files, avatars, and pretty much the rest of the new options.
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I thought I posted something very similar to what you posted Jam. Not quite sure where I posted it :) . Also. not sure how I feel about it but I think others might also feel this way. I would think that New Member, 1 yr. Member, 5 year etc. might be another way to go. Then it doesn't seem so much like a competition. I think I posted that someplace, I know now where also. Sorry for any or to much repetition from me .

Hugz and blessings,
    Granni
  11. paulac7

paulac7 Member

I like the "like" button also.....saves having to post "I agree with you"...and is quick and convenient, which in my book is a *major* plus.....

Julie~is your avatar your family?? What a nice looking crew ya'll are!!!
    Soul* likes this.
  12. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Lydia.... Thanks for replying. The fonts and colors, in my opinion are way too much when used by different members, in the same thread. Different sizes, colors, and types of fonts all in one thread make it hard on the eyes, and the mind. Just my opinion.

As far as the religion.... I was raised catholic, but after being verbally abused by my priest, as a young adult, I no longer attend church of any faith. I stay away from all posts regarding faith and or religion. I know how I feel and how I handle myself, but I wonder about others and how they may feel.

It's not something I want rubbed in my face, or pushed down my throat, so I stay away.
    bct likes this.
  13. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Lydia,

My last post wasn't directed at anyone person, but rather a suggestion for Pro Health. But I appreciate your effort and reply. Hopefully things will get settled with the new board.

Maybe someday we can have a discussion on priest, and what creeps some of them can be

take care.and have been. The behavior of the many of the Catholic priest has also been one of the reasons I stay away from the church. Oh well another story for another day.
    lydia1 likes this.
  14. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I like the signature area, it's the only area I could figure out and it's nice to know what others are "dealing with"....the avatar thing, well, I may never get that one. As I said, it doesn't matter....

We had a "hot" religious thing going years ago and I 'm not in any religion per se, my own, and it was a good round about back then, but that was then....I don't judge a soul for what they believe and would want the same for me...

The "like" thing, it doesn't matter to me, I won't use it anyway...I like what I like and let the rest go... as they say in AA, I think or was it RS, "take what you like, and let the rest go"....

I'd like to see the total background a little darker, not as stark....

We are all unique Acorns.....
  15. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Prohealth,

I've been around long enough to remember how many people disliked the previous forum when it was first put up! So I think this one will be an improvement once we get used to it.

I'd like to post something on a thread I started in the beginning of May, but I am waiting for that thread to show up somewhere. I really hope those recent posts and threads will appear soon, somewhere.
    paulac7 and lydia1 like this.
  16. PHXenMaster

Hi Forebearance,
    Once we back fill all the archives with the missing posts from April 19th - May 12th we will open up the archives for replies. This may take a few weeks to complete, but it is a top priority and we hope to complete this transition as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Sincerely,
    Darshan
  17. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thank you for letting me know. :)
  18. PHXenMaster

The Archives currently include the following:
    ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia - Archives
    Spirituality/Worship - Archives
    Chit Chat - Archives

Alternative Therapies
    Grief

The top 3 forums are missing quite a few messages and I would like to fill those in prior to opening them for new threads and replies. However, the Alternative Therapies and Grief forums are only missing a few posts and I am considering moving Grief into Friendship & Support and moving Alternative Therapies into Treatment & Therapy without populating those with the missing posts so that we can open them to the public sooner than later. I can also send you the missing replies to those forums if you would like to re-post your missing replies.

If there are no objections I will go forward with that plan.
    Let me know what your thoughts are on the matter.
    Thanks,
    Darshan
  19. WHY can't I respond to certain posts? I wanted to respond to a post by Nanie46 from May 7th about the connection of CFS TO LYME DISEASE but it says, " you have insufficient privileges to reply here".... What the heck?! What is going on here? This is ridiculous... If anyone can explain, I would greatly appreciate it. I haven't been able to try figuring out this board again for a few weeks due to complications with my health and other difficulties.... This board used to be such a blessing and help...
  20. I also have a question: a few weeks ago when I tried to find archived, old posts from the former ME/CFS and fibromyalgia board, it would only show me the first page of old threads, which did not allow me to find the particular post I was looking for if the thread had multiple pages. Can anyone let me know if this issue has been resolved? There was important info in those old threads that we need to be able to access... Thanks, Shel