The New Seven Wonders of the world

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, May 8, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Everyone
    You can Now Vote for the "New Seven Wonders of The World" Just type "seven wonders of the world" in the Google search box and it will take you there, and then you can click on images also ,,,,,,,,,,,Pretty Amazeing Stuff!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  2. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

What in tarnation are they gonna do with the old ones? Ha ha ha. Yard sale?

Jussa kidding :) I will check this out. It sounds very interesting.....

3. sisland

sisland New Member

lol I was wondering the same thing! Must be nice to Take the world tour! To Check them all out!,,,,,I wish!,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2007]
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I went to the web site and voted. Kind of neat how democratic this is. Makes me wonder who voted on the original seven. Haven't some of the original wonders gone missing? i.e. the Hanging Gardens of Babylon or the Colossus at Rhodes?

But my preference is for the old places, that have stood the test of time: the pyramids, the Parthenon, Chichen Itza, Stonehenge, Easter Island, etc...

I don't think the Statue of Liberty has earned the right to be one of the wonders of the world, yet. Maybe if it lasts another thousand years.

5. sisland

sisland New Member

I agree with you about the old ones being the Best! I was just searching around and found this,

,,My favorite is Petra and then the Neuschwantein Castle in Germany,,,Put that one in My profile,,,,And then "The Machee Picchu" in Peru!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Also Who Could pass up The Taj Mahal in India! I'm Still deciding which one to vote for! the Statue of Liberty is old News as you say!,,,,,It's fun to learn new stuff everyday!,,,,,,,,Thanks for your Responce!,,,,,,sis

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That's a stunning picture of Neuschwanstein. How would you like to live there? I think there are enough rooms for us all to have one.

Machu Picchu is incredible, isn't it? How about the Nazca lines? The Great Wall of China? Angkor Watt? All are ancient and incredible.

Hey, I'm with you on everything you put on Fight's "illegal post--especially the coffee, chocolate, and natural and ancient history! I love animals and being in the woods or mountains, too, when I'm able.

Have you heard of the show, Digging for the Truth, on the History Channel? I actually don't get the History Channel, and am reading the narrator's book, but it's really interesting.

7. sisland

sisland New Member

Since the Doc. Put me on Cymbalta,,,lol My Brain has kicked in Big time!lol and i just am discovering so much stuff that i knew was out there but never took the time to Exsplore it very much! and now Woo-Hoo,,,You know!,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am Just Fascinated with all the Ancient Building: ie = Castles, fortresses etc and wow how many people did it take to Build all that stuff?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,America is Not like all thoes other countries! i used to have the History Channel but not now, I rent from Netflix but all that kind of stuff has a very long waiting list,,,,,

So yes i'm going to the Library to pick up the Book you suggested!,,,,,,,,The China wall was very impressive but not as tall as i thought it would be,,,,Still impressive Tho! Angar wat is right up there with the rest of them ! couldn't get a Close up of that one to much,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And yes, since i live close to the woods and some lakes i try to go at least twice a week ,,,,I take the Dog running through the Forestry expo trails around here,,,,He runs I walk! lolo and there's a creek running through there so it's kind of high and Cold! so getting his feet wet is all for now!,,,It's a preserved area with alot of different species of Trees and all sorts of stuff you need to know about the forest!,,,

the trails are 10 ft wide and are layered in the red Bark stuff,,, so it's a fun place to take him and it's close,,,,about 2 miles of trails,,,Not to steep and fairly easy walk for me ,,also wheelchair access,,, And since i'm writing a book here lol,

There is this lake about 10 miles away North of here with a little Half mile hike down to it,,,so we go there all summer! Stuff i do to keep busy and sane!,,,,,,Sorry so long!,,,,I'm going to look up some of the old wonders of the world,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTFN,,,,,,Sis