The NHS and the useless system

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Atlanta8, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

So, I just found out today how they deal with "us" - after I got my first appointment through from the CFS clinic. They've booked me in to see a PHYSIO!!

It really is beyond belief. I've been waiting since April to see them - I thought I'd get to see a consultant at least! Somone over here said that the NHS is only interested in "managing" my condition (by sticking me on a treadmill until my heart gives out?!). They know CBT etc don't work, so why do they continue to do it? If I was in their position I would be trying so many treatments to help my patients! And also, if they're going to fob us off to anyone, it should at least be a dietician!

I've got so many questions I wanted to ask about AVs, Candida, Krebbs etc that a physio is not going to know the least bit about. I was really counting on that help. I just wish I'd had insurance, instead of being stupid enough to put my faith in our national health service... Meh.

Oh yeah, and the kicker? This is supposed to be one of the best clinics in the country.