The nicest thing a friend has said.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 6, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

As I mentioned in a previous post, I went to my class reunion this past weekend. At the mixer, the usual questions came up. After I told a classmate about the Fibro, she said "Well, you look wonderful" (believe me, I enjoyed the compliment). My best friend (nurse, school mate, my lamaze coach, known since birth) told the girl that I have good days and bad days. Wow, I almost started crying. It's really kind of the first time someone stepped in and helped me out like that. I always have this little nagging thought in the back of my mind that no one believes me. I know all of you can imagine how good that felt to hear. Now, I just have to remember to tell her how much that meant to me.
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Wow. It's nice to know that someone is on our side and understands somewhat!!!!! That's a true friend sounds like.

Kriket
  3. Neicee99

Neicee99 New Member

I bet that was one of the best parts of the reunion for you. It is so wonderful when someone actually understands and feels for you.

Make sure you tell her what that meant to you. I am sure she will appreciate it to and will probably almost come to tears as well.

Hugs to everyone
    Neicee
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

My sister is my dearest friend. She wanted me to visit really bad and reminded me to get lots of rest, stay in more and "save up" so I could have the energy to see her. She knows how it is w/ me and that there is only so much energy in the envelope, and it feels so good that after all these years of living apart she still remembers and really gets it.

A friend will call up and ask me how I am and tell me she's been concerned knowing I must be having a rougher time b ecause of certain weather she knows triggers me. That feels awful good.

Even though I dont' have a good relationship w/ my mom, she gets it too and will surprise me sometimes. She was the only one, when I cancelled my wedding this summer that knew exactly why w/out me having to explain it. She knew I moved several times, just finished renos last fall and knew I was piling too much on myself to try and plan something as huge as a wedding so soon after such an exhausting and MCS allergy intensive year. She told me flat out that I tried to do too much too soon and was relieved I postponed and thought I did the sensible thing. That felt so amazingly good.

jeanne
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2006]