The Night is becoming my Enemy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suekoo, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

This last week or so things have been pretty scary at night. I am tired, have taken my meds, etc. but when I lay down some sort of anxiety immediately comes over me. I shift from side to side, throw the covers off, put them back on, sit on the side of the bed and takes deep breaths. A real uncomfortable feeling - almost as if I'm not getting enough air or something... Last night it was 2:00 before I slept any. This is new to me. Anyone else been doing this? Any suggestions?
  2. moose1070

moose1070 New Member

I was like that when I was first DX with the FM, tossed and turned all night long! hot then cold and then the panic attacks would start, I had to be put on Xanax after awhile so that I could sleep but now all I want to do is sleep and im so tired all the time im starting to get panic attacks during the day! It's almost as if you can't win for loosing any more with this stupid FM!!! Eather you can't sleep and have panic attacks or all you want to do is sleep and still have an attack?? Maybe call your doctor and see if they have any advise for you?
    Good Luck.
    Moose1070
  3. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

I take Klonopin for sleep and sometimes I still can't fall sleep. I wake up a lot with a feeling of being in a panic attack with shortness of breath and my heart beating out of my chest. The other night I woke up and realized that I had been kicking in my sleep and I jumped up and could not fall back to sleep for anything. I also wake up a lot with hot flashes. (I'm 44) I envy people that can just lay down and sleep whenever they want, I was never one to be able to do that.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2003]
  4. AliceMarie

AliceMarie New Member

I am 44 and have had sleeping problems forever it seems and now with FMS/CFS (dx ~7 years ago) plus menopause is setting in, I've finally found the right prescription to help. First, my husband and I don't sleep together b/c he snores and the slighest thing hinders my first getting to sleep.

Then, I take the lowest dose of Remeron, plus sometimes a Klonopin or 2, and I'm out all night. Nothing could wake me up -- I have to set my alarm clock to make me wake up or I'd sleep all day! Rest is one of the most important ways to help our symptoms, so I'd talk to your doctor if I were you. And Remeron is an anti-depressant, so it's not addictive. Hope that helps!
  5. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

... but it still takes me a long, long time to fall asleep. I usually only sleep 1-2 hours before I'm up again. Then, after that, I usually find myself looking at the clock every 10 mins or so. My quality of sleep is just dreadful. If I'm lucky, I doze off around 4 and sleep another 1-2 hours.

I can't remember the last time I actually had a dream. :(
  6. babyjoan

babyjoan New Member

The night has been my enemy ALL my life. This is were I have the worst panic attacks. I take two klonoping, 2 flexeril, and a vicodin for sleep. The flexeril was the key. I wake up constantly but for the first time in my life I can fall back asleep before the anxiety attacks start. It is a horrible thing to dread going to sleep because of my night terrors, then waking up feeling more tired than when I went to bed!!! Peace Joan