The Origin of A.S.A.P.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by tonakay, Jul 23, 2004.

1. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Hi Everyone I'm new to this board. I'm usually found on the FMS/CFS or Chit/Chat boards but I thought you all might enjoy reading this... I really enjoyed it!

Hugz and Prayers to all of you and I'll check back in soon.
    Tona

The Origin of A.S.A.P. 07/03/04 05:21 AM

Ever Wonder About The Abbreviation A.S.A.P.?

Generally we think of it in terms of even more hurry and stress in our lives. Maybe if we think of this abbreviation in a different manner, we will begin to find a new way to deal with those rough days along the way.

Always Say A Prayer

There's work to do, deadlines to meet;
    You've got no time to spare,
    But as you hurry and scurry-
    ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

In the midst of family chaos,
    "Quality time" is rare.
    Do your best; let God do the rest-

It may seem like our worries
    Are more than you can bare.
    Slow down and take a breather-

God knows how stressful life is;
    He wants to ease our cares,
    And He'll respond A.S.A.P. - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

Today I'm saying a little prayer that GOD will smile on you and send you all the special blessings you deserve.

2. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

Hi and Welcome to the Worship Board, We are all so glad to have you join us.

Thank You so much for sharing this wonderful post with all of us. I really enjoyed it.

Blessings, Judy
  3. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I loved the poem! With a sick child, I am always told "we need such and such or you need to do such and such ASAP." Now, instead of feeling stressed because I have something extra to add to my schedule, I will stop and say a prayer.

God Bless

Yesh
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

to all of you, Debbie, Jody, Sarah, and Yesh.... it comes in handy every day...LOL

Yesh, I'm sorry to hear you have a sick child, I'll send up prayers! ( A.S.A.P.)

Hugz,
    Tona