"The Origin of AIDS" On The Sundance Channel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is an excellent documentary and is to AIDS what "Osler's Web" is to CFIDS. It is fascinating to see just how careless researchers were in administrating Polio vaccine which was made with chimpanzee liver tissue which was almost certainly contaminated.

The vaccine was produced locally from this original batch using animal tissue cultures wherever the vaccine was administered. There was no protocol nor quality control to ensure that the animal tissue was free from disease.

SIV is the simian version of HIV and was likely transmitted to humans in the Belgian Congo during the worldwide push to vaccinate against Polio. Hundreds of chimps were slaughtered for their tissue and some of the liver tissue used in producing vaccines was shipped to the U.S. Either the chimps used in the original culture for the vaccines, or monkeys or chimps used locally for making the vaccine, are likely to have started the AIDS outbreak.

The evidence presented in this documentary is very compelling. At the end is a very chilling warning that today, the big pharmaceuticals, and not the government, are the ones who decide which diseases will be researched. They do this without oversight and in secret. As we face the next potential pandemic, we may repeat what happened in the effort to erradicate Polio--wipe out one disease only to release one which is deadlier.

As of the date of the documentary, Polio vaccine is still being made with animal tissue despite the availability of non-animal culture material. Many of our worst illnesses come from animals. We need to be much more careful in how we use them.

I hope y'all can see this because I think it is typical of the arrogance of some scientists, the denial in the medical community, and the complicity of governments.

Love, Mikie
  2. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

for the "heads up" on this show. I'm sure it will be VERY enlightening to many people. My previous doctor (now retired, and a well known pioneer in CFS research and treatment) believed that this tainted polio vaccine was a cause of some cases of CFS. I believe this also. I was reading the recent posts on "growing pains" that some of our fellow PWC's and PFM posted (myself included) and always wondered if those could have been caused by the tainted polio vaccine. Just a thought. I highly urge anyone reading these posts to view this show!

kind regards,
    Dolphin
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I believe it was the cause of AIDS and probably a lot more illnesses. The show did mention that the world is experiencing never-before-seen illnesses.

We are learning that many illnesses are much more complex than we ever expected. I believe that the after effects of many pathogens are also much more complex.

Love, Mikie
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

given to a chimp in a govt lab and that chimp was then frozen and forgotten about and ended up in some
    unsuspecting research lab who found the HIV IN this animal and thus discovered that it was a man made disease tested on the chimp. It was in one of those long articles about the Mycoplasms I think and various weaponized viruses etc.
  5. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

Stiv75 is correct on the date and time. Just found it and programmed TiVo to record it.

Thanks Mikie

Dee
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

My worse of the growing pains was in the mid 1940s......no vaccine then. Polio was a scarey disease that hoovered in parents minds then.

I even lost use of my legs very temporary, but had leg pains and such for the rest of my life.

I learned that walking a lot and biking and all helped me through many years. I think it is connected.

Doctor told my Mom at the E.R. that I "just" had a stomach flu..........did not make sense then and does not now...to me. I was to stay on bed for 3 or 4 days and I was to only have tea and toast. That was my treatment.

Medical people in later years said that I probably had a strain of Polio......certainly not as bad as the full blown Polio.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

About HIV being manmade and given to chimps. This film looks at it from a different perspective. Thing is, with each local immunization program, animal tissue was used to grow a batch of vaccine from the original chimp batch. No one was overseeing this process and who knows what diseases were present in those animal tissues.

At the time, there was obviously desperation to rid the world of Polio and they weren't thinking about the safety of what was being done.

BTW, the original research facility was a secret facility deep in the jungle of the Belgian Congo, now Zaire. Those involved have told conflicting stories about what went on there and whether chimp tissue was shipped to the U.S. The firm goes into all this.

It is interesting to note that when primates acquire SIV, the simian version of HIV in humans, they get sick and then recover, unlike humans who often go on to get AIDS and die.

Love, Mikie
  8. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

Thanks for the information.

I am set to record it on Monday.