The OverWAITERS ANNONOMOUS..DX'ing Nightmare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenni4736, Jul 23, 2006.

1. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

How long did it take to get a firm DX and treatment for you?

I think we should be the over- WAITERS ANNONOMOUS! We wait to get an appointment, we wait for test results, we wait in waiting rooms, we wait for repeat labs, biopsies...and still they tell you to wait until.....whatever!

Dx FM, CFS, LUPUS...it such a long process. We wait in frustration and fear hoping for answers....that seem as though they may never come.

How do all of you cope with this waiting game?

Jenni
  2. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello Everyone,

Jenni and I would like to start an over-WAITERs club...for all of us who seem to always be waiting on one thing or another.

I think it would be nice to start a "group" where we can take turns posting (as often as you like) to the over-WAITERs group.

You can post about how you had to wait for something...or you can talk about anything you like. That way we have a special group of people to complain to. :) hehe Or to even tell uplifting stories....

So who is in? Who would like to be part of our group?

Val
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2006]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I've gotten so impatient. If I go someplace where I expect to wait, I take a book or a Walkman.

In Los Angeles, that's just about anywhere. It's normal to wait 20-30 minutes in line at the Post Office, the bank, etc.

And at dr. and dentist's offices they seldom have magazines I want to read. The ones that are in English are usually something about celebrities (like People) and something for men (like Car and Driver).

Almost never see anything w/ an article I want to read like National Georgraphic, Time, New Yorker, Travel, etc.
  4. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Thank you for the responses.

It is very frustrating to wait the way we do. It seems as though we are always waiting for a test result, a medication to work, the next DR. appointment...etc.

This is a really great way to get all of those frustrations out. Maybe we can help share with each other as we wait for the next...WHATEVER we have to wait on now.

For example...asking questions here helps. I do word searches to help exercise the brain. I like to take walks to relax.

What helps you pass the time as you wait?
  5. valleyann

valleyann New Member

I never noticed until you emailed me that you had started this post yet! :) It just goes to show you how quickly this board moves.

I think that we've got a good start to our over-Waiters club! Now that we have the ball rolling here, we can start post topics that say "To: over-WAITERS", etc.

To pass the time, as lazy as this sounds I enjoy watching a few of my favorite TV shows...I also enjoy visiting with friends and researching various topics on the internet.

Val