The Pain Can Be Frightening Can't It....You're Not Crazy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Mar 23, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

I wanted to put this out there for the newcomers or anyone else interested.

I just want to say that I remember vividly when the pain started. I was going numb and tingly, then burning pains. It was horrible.

I wanted to say for any that may come on here, the pain was terrifying. Thank GOD I don't have it as bad anymore, but others do.

Anyone else want to add their feelings on here, feel free.
    I think it's good to talk about how scary the pain can be, and NO you're NOT CRAZY.

Kendra
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This post addresses that fear that lurks behind our brave little smiles that we put out to the world.

With my awful doctor this week I FINALLY had the courage to say, "This pain scares me, all I want to know is it bone cancer, or ALS or something else that is killing me slowly?"

Of course all that did was make him think I was even crazier than he already thought I was. But of course it is fearful. Like every time we are dealing with the chest pains in the middle of the night, or our hearts are racing and we wonder how we are going to continue to care for our kids.

It is all there. I think we are some of the bravest people, as we are also dealing with doctors who don't care as well, which is not true of many other disabling conditions.

So lets applaud ourselves. We are some tough cookies!

Love Anne C
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

I read your post and I have something to offer.

The pastors wife is another person that doesn't understand how sick we can be.

I don't think her comment to you was very charitable or very Christian-like for that matter.

To say you're not having enough faith is like a slap in the face.

I am a Christian,and I would never assume that just because someone is suffering that they don't have enough faith.

For whatever reason God chooses, we are not always made well in an instant.

I wanted to tell you that so you would know that you aren't alone and that not everyone feels the same as this pastors wife.

In my opinion, she should've encouraged you and helped you not degraded your faith because you're not well yet.

I'm embarrassed about this. I'm so sorry that she treated you that way. I wouldn't call on her anymore. Clearly she hasn't a clue about Christ or the gifts of the Spirit, which are longsuffering, kindness, meekness, LOVE, gentleness, compassion.

and all of these stem from LOVE which the Bible says without love we have nothing. She clearly doesn't have Love, or she would not have acted that way.

HUgs and Hugs.
    Kendra
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2006]