THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

I have fms & i do have a lot of other health problems.
    I was told that as we get older are rheumatism gets worse.
    I have had my worst ever year & that really scares me so much i really didnt know its was possible for this crippling & excrutiating pain to get any worse.
    Im so sick of being so tired & in crippling pain ive had enough i really have.
    As soon as i try to get up the pain is excrutiating i literally cant move withought that crippling pain.
    I take 10 painkillers a day its soo hard it really is.
    The doctors give us pills for this & pills for that without thinking how the pills will affect us.
    If anyone has any tips about how to releive pain please please let me know.
    I cant carry on like this anymore.
    May god bless you & yours.
    fibrolady37.
  2. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

take cod liver oil capsules,oil of evening primrose & multi vitamins.
    Thanks for your reply.
    fibrolady37.
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I'm sorry your pain is so bad, fibrolady. I offer you my support and encouragement. There will be better days.

Last year I was in a lot of pain and it prompted me to seek more relief. I didn't think I could carry on like that anymore either, so I did some research and I started taking Cymbalta for pain and finally got Lunesta for sleep approved by my insurance co.

I also cut my work back to part time (I had told my boss I would work full time for a few months until we got caught up, but it ended up being 5 months which was too much). I realize that you probably can't work because you are in such pain- so your pain is much worse than mine, but if you could cut that pain in half it would still be worth it, right?

I hope you find something that works for you and you feel much better soon.
    Love, Nanna
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

believe in pain medication but you also have to have a whole regime of things to keep the pain manageable. I do take some supplements in addition to pain medication; BComplex, Fish Oil, Primrose Oil, Vitamin D, Acidopholus, Calcium with Zinc and magnesium and the aspirin a day for the heart prevention thing.

But I also use heat pad, ice packs, do minor exercise like dancing around with my dog or alone etc, I do self hypnosis as needed, warm Epsom Salts and Peroxide baths followed by linament (house brand). A hobby can take your mind away for awhile, I paint (not very well) and enjoy other crafts.

It just takes a variety of things and if it takes the pain for 10 minutes it's ten minutes of feeling better so worth it. I had to try several kinds of pain relievers to find the one that works best with me and a break through pain med. None of the off label things worked for me, nor did the accupuncture, TENS (I have an expensive one sitting here that isn't even good for a planter), Chiro helped for awhile then made me worse.
    Physical therapy ALWAYS left me feeling worse for days and not better after.

I've tried about all of it. The warm water moving is good if you can get to a pool..I've even considered putting a 3' one in the spare bedroom! I hope you find the combination of things that works for you. I tried so many like Q10 that did nothing, many others, gave them a fair trial and then dropped. Cherry juice was literally a joke for me, an expensive one. But that's what it takes, trial and error and some lost $$$, but eventually you will find what works for you. I haven't had to
    change anything since May of 2003 and don't see any change any time soon.
    Good luck and I hope you feel better soon! Bambi
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

of the bathtub.The warmth might help.Linda
  6. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

The epson salts and hydrogen peroxide can really help.

Also maybe a massage therapist.

Wish you "weller",
    Susan
  7. SUMIJZMD

SUMIJZMD New Member

MYOFACIAL RELEASES HELP ME THE MOST, ALSO HAVE YOU BEEN TO A NATURALPATHIC DOCTOR OR FIBRO CLINIC I TAKE TONS OF SUPPLEMENTS THAT HAVE REALLY MADE A GREAT IMPROVEMENT IN MY ENERGY AND PAIN LEVELS I ALSO LEARNED THAT SOME MEDS WAS CAUSING SOME OF MY PAIN LIKE IF I STAY ON ANTIBODICS LONGER THAN 2 WEEKS CAUSES A FLARE UPS. I TAKE MAGNISUM 4 TIMES A DAY,NUTRI JOINT 2 TIMES A DAY,ETHYL 2 TIMES A DAY, YOU ALSO COULD HAVE A HORMONE IMBALANCE PROBLEM IF YOU ARE LOW IN PROGESTERONE CAN CAUSE ALOT OF FIBRO SYMPTONS.
  8. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

so much nanna,
    Its so great to hear from you.
    Im not doing so well right now but at least i got a lot of support from the folks on here
    Its so good to know that people on here are supporting me.
    I will try those pills you said are they pills or natural supplements?
    Take care fibrolady37.
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Have tried a pain clinic but that was 10 years ago.
    I will ask my doc if theres anything that i can take to help me.
    Thanks for your support.
    fibrolady37.
  10. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

is nothing that i havent tried its so hard.
    Thanks for your suggestions i am at my wits end now i really am.
    I was talking to someone the other day & they said as you get older your rheumatism will get worse.
    I really didnt want to hear that but i know its true.
    My daughter is going to her dads in about an hour i will be going straight to bed for some serious much needed sleep.
    Then when i wake up i will relax on my sofa & enjoy the peace & quiet it will be heaven.
    Thanks again fibrolady37.
  11. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

dont have 1 i have a shower.
    Thanks anyway fibrolady37.
  12. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

ive been to a pain clinic yes i take lots of supplements.
    Thanks fibrolady37.
  13. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

will give anything i havent tried a chance to see if there is an improvment.
    Thanks fibrolady37.
  14. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

fibrolady:
    I take more than 10 pain pills a day and I still have pain, but I have learned to live with the amount of pain I still have. The medication does not take it all away.

I know that I have had to come up with some coping skills and arrange my day around nice things and all the comfort I can. From clothing to environment I make it all fit for my pleasure.

It is important not to give in to the disease because I will admit it is overwhelming at times. Do not let the disease win over your spirit of strength. Do not let it take that kind of power from you.

nyrofan
  15. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

bambi for your reply its so good to kno i have people who care about me thanks bambi.
    Ive been using thi site for 10 years now.
    Its the best ever site & its my lifeline it really is.
    Welcome to my fibro family.
    fibrolady37
  16. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

dont have a bath i have a walk in shower its not the same as a lovely soak in the bath.
    Thanks for your reply.
    fibrolady37.
  17. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

its so good to hear from you.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Its nice to have nice kind friends on here we all help each other & we all love each other.
    Mail me anytime im always here for you anytime.

fibrolady37
  18. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

have been to a naturepath but all the things he gave me made me violently sick.
    I am going to a pain managent course soon im so looking forward to it.
    I will let you know how i get on.
    fibrolady37.
  19. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

have been to a naturepath but all the things he gave me made me violently sick.
    I am going to a pain managent course soon im so looking forward to it.
    I will let you know how i get on.
    fibrolady37.
  20. lhoffpauir

lhoffpauir New Member

Hi, fibrolady, my name is Leslie and I experience excrutiating pain on a daily basis and it is only getting worse. I have been hiding the pain and other symptoms from my family for many years now but not too long ago I was unable to hide and my mother insisted on taking me to the ER. I was admitted and they gave me dilaudid/IV which did not touch the pain I was experiencing. I take many pills everyday and one day my mother came to me with an add from the newspaper about some pain relieving patches - I was leary as I am taking oxycontin...how could pain patches help?!! Well, to make her feel better, I allowed her to buy them for me and I was totally shocked at how they helped. I took less pain medication and used these patches and felt much better. I am not claiming that they took away ALL the pain - I don't think that will ever happen. The patches are called PainNot Patches and they are not available in stores only online. I am not sure if I can give out the website so I will tell you the name of the company and then you can search for the website!!! The company is called BioTech Research. They offer the patches in a box of 30 large and 30 small patches. I was totally shocked when they actually helped me.
    Good luck....... (((((fibrolady)))))
    Leslie
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2006]