The Perfect Christmas Present... I love you because..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hugs4evry1, Dec 21, 2005.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Since this year has been so difficult for me and my family, I think I came up with the perfect gift for my kids and husband.

Not sure how the idea came to me, but I sat down with my laptop yesterday and wrote e-mails to my daughter, son and husband and I titled the e-mail..."I love you because..."

Each line began with "Because" and I'll give you an example that I can remember ...Because you carried me up the stairs after a bit too much Jolly and I knew I would always be safe with you.

Because you told me you'd never hurt me and you meant it..

For my son one was,

Because you played with Jamie in Iceland (a handicapped child) and allowed him to be like normal kids when he couldn't do it by himself...

Because you punched a wall instead of another kid's face when he made you angry..

Becaue you learned to control your temper even when I didn't always know how to control mine...

Once I started writing these, it seemed like I couldn't stop. I started at the beginning for each and went through my memories through the years.

My husband opened his at work yesterday and he said he was just floored and speechless with tears in his eyes. He said it was one of the best Christmas gifts he'd ever received. (The other one was from our daughter when she was 5 and wrote him a list of things she'd like to get him)

I just didn't have the energy, or mental clarity to shop much this year ( or money) and I wanted them all to have something special for Christmas and I think I found it.

What do you think?

Merry Christmas,

Nancy B.
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

We do not tell our loved ones....that they are......as much as we should. Sometimes we assume they know......LOL.

I would of loved something like that from my parents!!!!!!

Your heart and love is the most important thing you can give, and memories.

Blessings to you
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm stealing your idea!!! I think it's awesome!!

Merry Christmas!!!
    Hugs!
    dona