The Pettiness of People

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeaBisqit, Apr 24, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I just had to post about this cause it really upset me on so many levels today.

I live in an apartment building. I had to do laundry, but I also had to make a phone call. So I put the laundry in the dryer with the seventy-five cents it costs to do it and turned it on. And stepped out of the room to make the call. I come back a few minutes later only to find that this woman, who had a foreign accent and probably isn't even from our country, had taken my CLEAN, WET laundry out of the dryer and put hers in and used MY seventy-five cent time. Then she proceeded to try to talk alot of garbage to me about how the machine had "gone off and my stuff was done". NO, it wasn't. It was still soaking wet. And that's even besides the point. She handled my CLEAN laundry!

So, I had no choice but to not only use another three quarters, but to wait an extra forty-five minutes for my stuff to be done, all the while, with this woman in the same room, knowing she had literally stolen my seventy-five cent laundry time, and handled my stuff. I don't even know who she was, so it's not like I can report her or anything.

And on top of this, I wasn't feeling good to begin with, so forcing me to wait an extra forty-five minutes nearly had me in tears. And now I'm flaring with a fever, headache and the chills. It just really sucked and ruined my day completely. And I just had to vent and mention it cause the pettiness was so gross. And I can't prove it, but I think she stole some of my laundry load cause it was considerably lighter when I took it out. I have alot of towels, so it's not going to make a huge dent in my life, but it's the principle of it. And I have no way of knowing exactly what was taken cause I didn't exactly count it and keep track of what I put in there. And all I kept thinking was, what if I really didn't have those extra three quarters or any place to get the money from. But I suppose I was lucky she didn't steal the entire load. I really could have come back in to find the entire thing missing.

Well, now I know, wait the full hour and a half for the laundry, even if I'm dying :(
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

That is really depressing! I'm so sorry you had to have this happen to you.

I'm also sorry to say no one can be trusted you are going to have to take a chair down, a book, and stay there while your laundry finishes from now on.

BUT, try to let it will only hurt you to hang on to the distress; the other person obviously couldn't care less about others. Life happens, and this is just one example of times where we with these dds have to learn a lesson and just let it go.

Do something special for yourself, and forgive this person so the ill feelings don't hurt you, ok?

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow,,what a pain in the Bottom!!,,Sorry to hear of this happening to you!,,,,Some people have no respect or reguard for others!,,,,,just remember what goes around comes around so she will pay her dues somehow!,,,,,Sis
  4. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

she could have washed clothes in sink. Sigh. Seems too bad for her that she doesn't have more important things in her life.

Anyway, I usually just fantasize about what will happen when she meets someone her "equal".

Like someone trying to pick a bar fight. Not my problem. Eventually they'll meet someone who will want to fight also. Perhaps mutually kill each other.
    Not worth it to not walk away.

Still the laundry room incident irritating. Did you follow her home to her residence? And let her know that you followed her, I wonder.

[This Message was Edited on 04/24/2008]
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Thanks for the support. I really needed it tonight. I'm just really sad. I can't handle how rotten people can be, and it just seems that in the last ten years that's all I've seen. I've seen more evil than I ever wanted to know about, and it just doesn't stop. And I don't understand why it always seems the evil ones get away with everything, and the good ones only suffer. It's like something is out of balance in the world.

I wanted to yell at her tonight, but I didn't. As soon as I said anything, her friend that was sitting next to her started to say something. So I just took my stuff and moved it into another machine. And I took a small booklet out of my bag and kind of made it look like I was reading and ignoring them for forty-five minutes. But of course I couldn't really read it, I was too upset and never could have concentrated anyway.

Like I said, I'm just very sad. I don't like the world we live in. And I don't understand why it has to be this way. People are evil because they choose to be. And there's just no getting around it. There are alot of evil people in the world.

There is a sign up in the laundry room that you're not supposed to ever open the machines when they're on. It doesn't do any good. I really don't know what the management could do about this. Even if they had keys on the machines like lockers, that wouldn't work because people would just keep the keys forever. There's a bunch of women down there that seem to be running laundry businesses and they hog four machines a piece. I just don't see a solution. There's even a sign up about that. You're not supposed to take up more than two machines at a time. No one follows rules anymore.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

What goes around, comes around - I firmly believe that.

This woman will get her come-uppance.

Meanwhile dont continue to let her get the better of you, put her out of your mind - she's mean and horrible.