THE PILL TO FORGET {60 minutes News Program}

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by webintrig, Nov 28, 2006.

1. webintrig

webintrig New Member

Did you watch this program?

What did you think about it?

Do you think if you took this pill if you have had a tramatic experience and have the condition of FMS/CFS it might help your/the condition of your/the FMS/CFS improve and/or possibily make your/the condition go away?

It might be something to consider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Summary about it:

It is a pill that was proven to take a tramatic experience after from the memory and your recall of it.

They want people to volunteer that have had tramas.
    10-100 people needed

It was proven to work for 2 individuals that has had tramatic experiences.

Ok, I welcome your feedback on this! Thanks for all the replies!

Love ya,
    webby

[This Message was Edited on 11/28/2006]
  2. webintrig

webintrig New Member

From the article

It explains itself in the article...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/22/60minutes/main2205629.shtml
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Webby,
    I think I would cut off a leg, rather than cut off any part of my memory, deliberately. This sounds really scary to me, and I have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

I also believe that we are on earth to learn, and one thing we need to learn is to handle, not forget, traumatic experiences. It seems to me that all that one has gone through has no value if one does not learn from it, and you can't do that if the memory is erased.

This is scary , to me. It sounds like something out of a George Orwell book.

I guess my point of view is from a philosohical standpoint, not a medical one. We're all different, and each one has the right to seek out whatever is helpful.

Terry

[This Message was Edited on 11/28/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2006]
  4. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I thought I was pretty clear on how I worded this post.

The article explains it all. I see it as a breakthrough, too.

Maybe even for us as I know there has to be some of us here willing to forget a trama we suffered.

Who knows!

As you just have to read the article to understand it!
  5. webintrig

webintrig New Member

Haleycole

I am sorry it did not work right for you haleycole. I pray something will come along in time to help you.

Lammotta77
    We are making progress at a turtle's pace but here comes the hare! haha!

Love ya,
  6. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

I read the whole article at the CBS web site and I don't think I would be interrested in even trying this. I have been thru ALOT of tramas in my life. My mother physically abused us I have had bad physical & mentally abusive relationships and thru lots of counceling and time I live with them. I have learned alot about who I am from dealing with the problems instead of forgetting them. It might help some people but I would be scared to lose who I have become and what I have learned from the experiences life has thrown me. Good luck to those who chose to take it.
    Lalania1970
  7. webintrig

webintrig New Member

For posting that whole article. I thought it was to important to wait.

I just had an out pt. procudure done of a 2 nerve blocks and well I was not able to sit to long, I am in pain and was trying to stay awake long enough to do it.

Thanks for doing that for me.

I really think it can help some and some it just is not for them.

Me it is possible. I am still having emotional issues with my brother's death. 3 years

Of course I still get reminders constantly everyday by different things that are beyond my control.

I will have a reminder till the day I die of the killer of my brother. Unless he tell us he is sorry and ask for our forgiveness.

Our justice system is so slow and very disappointing to me.

Maybe one day that will change and I guess I need to be focusing on that and how to change it.

I thought theses condition we have here were more important though to put my energy into.

Well enough from me...wishing you all pain free days ahead!!!

Love ya,
    webby

8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

THIS sounds like the drug they call the date rape drug. I just do not think this is a safe thing.
    When I got sick I lost my memory for several hours one Day and was lost.Its a very scary thing to happen ,I would not do it on purpose.
  9. webintrig

webintrig New Member

The more I think about it I really don't need this pill.

I am forgetting stuff without this pill.

Dealing with the conditions that I have made me stronger than I have ever realized.

Life's road is just full of twists and turns...Now I just have to remember how drive a car...hehe!

Love,
    webby