The Porch Light is On...vol. 12

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, Oct 7, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Sister Mary Gregory, I did it!

This thread is officially open!

God Bless.

PS: I'm in lots of pain right now. I'll post again later...or Monday. (I rarely get online on Sundays. Too tired from church.)

GB.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2006]
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Wouldn't miss it! I haven't read all the post, but this party is in honor of Prickles Birthday??

If so the folks who have been hanging at the Barn may come over and crash you party.

Don't worry we will wipe our feet at the door!

And even bring ponies for pony rides!

Rockgor, and Mrdad can go first!! Of course Prickles gets to pick out her pony first.

Have fun

Misty
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Carla, thought you went to bed along time ago! Glad ya
    stayed up a little longer for the Party. Did ya get
    some of that Rigolleto and a glass of that Chateaubriand?
    Getting cool back in the Netherlands? It was so beautiful
    here today after the fog lifted! About 65 degrees. It's
    no wonder there are so many people 30 mil. in this State.
    Arizona and New Mexico are growing too. People just want
    to escape the extreme Winters in so many other parts of
    the Country! Guess we can put up wiff a 'lil London like
    fog rather than ice and cold.

Unicornk, ya did a very smooth transition to our new
    Post. Thanks so much becoming part of the Post keeper
    team. As Sister Gregory said, it's so easy, even a Pub-
    lic school student can do it! Seems to be working very
    well indeed.

Gonna have another glass of that ChateauB. now and start
    singing with Sassy after a couple of more! Hope she can
    keep me on key!

MRDAD

4. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the goodies and BD wishes. The porch looks great with all the ballons and decorations, thank goodness someone brought the helium for the ballons.

I came by this morning and brought a carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Then I told the story of how my long lost freind found our way back.

Just as I was about to hit the post button, my computer froze and I lost the whole post.

My freind was on her way to my house so I didn't have time to repost, I had to get my teeth in.

We went to the Annual Pumpkin Festival with my one healthy friend. Whe had not spoken in a year and "fate", god or someone got us back. We had been freinds for 28 years then we had a huge fight and did not speak for a year until a few weeks ago.

I will share that story, again, but later.

We had a good time but am wiped. The festival was a 45 minute drive from house. We got a half mile from the exit and traffic was stopped.

It took us 3 hours to go 5 miles, yep that's right. A small 2 lane country road with bumber to bumber traffic backed up 5 miles.

I'm really glad I skipped my usual tea I drink every morning. Thank goodness my Jeep has tinted windows and I had several left over drink cups that I hadn't thrown away from my trip. There was no way either one of us could have walked into the festival and found a potty.

You men have it much easier. Funny tho, because we saw several people climbing out of the back of station wagons and other suvs adjusting they're pants,lol.

Prickles- happy 21st birthday, you really are wise beyond your years.

Thank you all for the party and goodies, I hope I can hang in for the left coasters. I wanted to hear some singing and a few good jokes from our imfamous comedy team of Rocky and Mrdad.

I'm going to post this before my computer freezes again. It has done that at least once a week.

I'll be back later to see who else has joined the party. CK-Carla
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Ok.. Im a crashin!! We can start without the girls right?? Anybody got a lampshade?? So.. are we gonna get wild??

PAAAARRRRRTTTY!!!!!

teheheh!
    dona
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Looks like you snuck in while I was posting! Happy birthday Girlee!! XOX
  7. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Can't remember the last time I was at a party.

8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

that I was a wild woman back in the day.... I still remember..
    Wooooopeee!!
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sassy2,

Let me know if you want me to tap dance. I have to go find a costume. Also, I forget who it was that said they were singers. There was at least one person. I sing in three groups SO if any one wants to do a duet or whatever let me know about that too.

Gotta run for now. I cannot believe I have been on the porch three times today, even if there were two volumes involved.

Y'all talk about it and see also if you need and or want a Mash Unit. I would be glad to help. Sorry, I forget who it was that said that she was also a nurse.

BTW, sorry but I got on the porch after you all started talking about Sister Gregory, was is Sr.Mary Gregory, I forgot. Could you please tell me what that is all about. I am also a Catholic. I am all ears (-: !!!My husband went to all Catholic schools and I was a PS brat ! Lucky me - I think !!??

Gotta run for now.

More hugs,

Marilyn (Granniluvsu)
  10. Granniluvsu

Sassy2,

That's me alright. I don't even need music to start tap dancing. My feet and body always want to me moving , even when they hurt. When the music does start they really move. I think I got that from my mom who said that is the way she always was. Wish she was still here. She died at 93 in 04 but was pretty perky for her age till she broke her other hip.

Where are those birthday girls?? Are they here? Sorry, I am so tired I can't remember. We had better hurry up and party or we will all be asleep. When I take my meds before bed I'm a goner.

A BIG Happy Birthday to the birthday girls (Carla and someone else I can't remember). Shall we all sing to them now or wait for the cake? Has anyone seen the cake yet??? Let us all know !

Blessings and hugs,

Marilyn (Granniluvsu)
  11. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

why I never get to go to parties.

It's 9:30 and already past my bedtime.

Gotta go. Y'all have fun now.

Happy b'day to the guests of honor!
    Shar
  12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Granni, Sister Mary Gregory (S.M.), (A.F.L & C.I.O)
    is the women in her wisdom attempts to have we "keepers"
    have these Porch Vols. running smoothly! It is only
    through this direction and discipline that we can keep
    things on the Post orderly and constructive as you can
    see! Carla, Lola and others have come in at the proper
    moments to usher in the transition period accurately
    and in a timely manner! Hope she comes to the B'Day par
    -ty as she is so fond of ice cream and rum cake! You
    will enjoy meeting her then, I hope.

Sassy, when we sing, are we gonna do "requests" or just
    stick to the songs we practiced together? I'm open to
    what ever you feel comfortable with. After a few glass-
    -es of Chateaubriand, I can sing anything!

We're gonna have lots of fun 4 a bunch of "sickies", hah?
    MRDAD

13. Granniluvsu

Mrdad,

Thanks for the explanation about Sr. Mary Gregory. I sort of picked up on parts of that.

If you and Sassy2 need any help I will be glad to sing too,
    chauteaubriand (sp) or not. I still have not seen that cake. Where is it and are there any candles - how many???? Hmmm, that would be an interesting one. What songs DID you guys practice? I would be very interested in that (-: ??

Hope we hurry up and party before everyone goes to sleep. It is getting late ( here anyway) and will have to get up early. S,o I will hopefully see you all tomorrow. I have church and then some chores to do so do not know when I will make it back.

WHOPPEE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE BIRTHDAY GIRLS !!! Sorry, but I have to go to bed soon so have to go take my meds. Keep up with the PARTY !!

Bless you all !
    Granniluvsu (Mar)

14. Granniluvsu

Hey Sassy and Mrdad,

You pick the song(s) and I'll sing with you too sing with you and dad. Almost anything will do at this point. It is almost my bedtime. Just took my meds. I know alot of songs but can't think of anything in particular at this point. I thought you guys were practicing (-: What parts are yousinging, anything in particular.

In other words I sing soprano I or II. Sassy hope you sing alto and hope Mrdad sings bass or tenor. Are we that organized yet? <>

Sorry gotta run, bed time. Hopefully more tomorrow. BTW, I will be gone monday and tuesday, incase I forget.

Hugs,

Keep on with the party !

Mar (Granni)
  15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's sure great havin' ya come to the Party! You can
    join in with song as Sassy and I are always in to havin'
    some one up on the stage with us! I think we all know
    "The Yellow Rose of Texas" from the movie "Giant". Mitch
    Miller, I believe did the song for the Movie. Rocky will
    most likely remember as he is really good at that "stuff"
    He new lots of interesting Hollywood Types down their
    in So. "Kaliphonia". Sorry Arnold!! Ya in to singing
    a few verses of that with us? Well, at least until the
    part where the fight starts in the Restaurant and Rock
    Hudson and Jimmy Dean (Not the Sausage guy) start swing-
    ing arms! Great flick!!

Well, let us know if ya wanna come up on stage and we
    will rev up the Party goers to join in! Bet they all
    know that song!

MRDAD
  16. ckball

ckball New Member

and the lamps have no shades- what happened while I was gone? Glad everyone is having a good time. I am enjoying my night as well as my day.

It is close to my bedtime and I walked more today than I have in a LONGGGG time. So many things to see at the festival. If I had to sit in my car for 3 hours to drive 5 miles, I was gonna see it all. I bought some homemade orange cream fudge to was to die for. One thing about not having teeth, is it takes longer to eat so you can actually savor every bite :)

Thanks for the party guys, see ya later-Carla
  17. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

WOW, what a turnout!!! The decorations look fabulous!! It's a good thing I brought those extra cakes. I had a feeling once the word got out, we'd have lots of company. Love that music, Sassy, MrDad, Granny....I wore my dancin' shoes, so get ready 'cause here I come. Pass me a glass of that lovely red!! Much better than Andre's, Mrdad...you done good!!

Mrdad, I know you said no close dancin' ..that's quite ok but, I have to confess that my fibro brain read that line and translated to "no clothes" dancin' and I thought whaaattt!!! that can't be right. Sister Mary Gregory definitely wouldn't approve of that..tsk tsk!! This brain of mine sure plays some tricks on me LOL..

OK just have time for once around the dance floor and I've got to go to bed. Must get my rest as tomorrow my hubby and I are celebrating 24year wedding anniversary.

I don't see Rock..must have missed him. I'll write some more tomorrow or the next day.

What a fun bunch!!! Great party...love you guys.

Lola

[This Message was Edited on 10/08/2006]
  18. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Anyone still up parting?
    I can't sleep!

Well I'll just clean the mess up so it's nice and neat for everyone in the morning.

Man you guys look like you had a blast!!!
  19. sues1

sues1 New Member

I heard there was skinny dipping. I did not join because it would then be chunky dunky....

Mr. Dad is one smooth dancer! Night........Susan