The Porch Light Is On . Vol 47 (Closed)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 1sweetie, Nov 16, 2006.

1. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Good Morning Everyone! I'm starting this thread just a little bit early. A few of us(Marta, foggyfroggy, and I) find it easier on the brain to post at the beginning. I think it's called brain fog.

Another post coming in a few.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/18/2006]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I just started one too. Good, I'm glad you did, Sweetie. As soon as mine appears! I'll move it here.

3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Heaven's to Betsy! I've been running around here through the woods (and over the river) looking for the newest Porch and cannot find it, only the old, closed one. I could wait it out but then I'd forget everything I read on the old Porch. Soooooo, if this is a duplicate, I'll be very glad to move my post or, if not, to have someone else take this one over.

Kim! Welcome to you. I've ordered you a chair and a blanket so you'll feel right at home here. Good question about the Welcome Wagon. Maybe since we're new here they'll drop by too. I'm not orderin' 'em a chair, tho.

Linda: So THAT's what Joe looks like. I been wondering. As for "my" Jerome, oh no, he's "our" Jerome, Handyman of All the Porch. Our wish is his command. (I could use someone like him here, though, to do something about this leaky faucet. Not the washer, so I'm flummoxed.)

Joe: Are you packed yet? Are you nervous about the flight? I used to love to fly. Used a plane now and then, too. It must be hard to pack with that attache' case full of 2-fers chained to your wrist but you're a determined man. Did you see that Linda put up a picture of you?

Linda again: Is Mable Rocky's Mable? The Mable who's the lawyer who drove her car through the door? (see Rocky's post for clues if confused)

Jodie: No?? You're really NOT driving to MI to see the game with me? Nuts. I'll have to have that tailgate party by myself then. Good for you for getting your paper done. You deserve a party.

Gnanny: Welcome. I'm glad JoeDad explained SMG to you since she scares me and I try to avoid her and her ruler at all costs. Joe is her favorite. Don't tell him I said so.

Mainweezie: We always need good water here on the porch. In fact, I could use some myself since mine is treated beyond being water anymore.

Meanwhile, hugs alllllll around the porch.

[This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I wandered around yesterday looking for my Porch and my friends. I was so glad that all went well since we had so much to move. I've seen buildings moved but it must have been hard for SMG to move the lake, our tulips and wildflowers, and the barn.

The weather is very cool this morning. I am thankful that the storms that moved through the previous night only brought strong storms and high winds to my home. There were tornadoes in the eastern part of N.C. So sad.. 8 dead. Strange how the weather has changed. Tornadoes happened in the mid west now it happens here. Gradually our winters have seemed to warm. I have been out of work for 3 years and have waited for the "big snow" that we get on occasion and it has not happened but a couple of big ice storms found there way here.

A big welcome to Kim...glad you stopped hiding and stopped by the porch. There is always something to drink and eat, soft blankies, and nice chairs, even a few sofas with the legs cut off. I think the sofa was Wake's request but I haven't seen here lately. Just make yourself at home and we look forward to getting to know you.

Linda, I have really thought of you so much since you had to return to work. I know it has been hard. I remember how hard it is to ketchup after being out on leave. I'm sorry that your supervisor said that to you. It must have intensified your frustration.

Jodie, Do you use your term papers as therapy? I've wanted to ask you that before. By writing about your ex it must help you deal with that part of your life....just a thought. It helps me to write my feelings to all of you...cleanses the brain.

Rock, I read that you were locked out of your home. You could have come to the Porch to wait for Gordon. It is just brain fog...nothing to do with age. I have done the same thing a few times...could not get into my house. I wasn't dressed appropriately one time either....just a camisole and lounging pants. I had to get in my car and stay until my son came home from work. I tried to get OnStar to work. What good is that emergency button if it does not work if you do not have a key? Thankfully I have an enclosed garage and an extra 'frig in it. At least I had cold drinks in the 90+ weather.

Marta, So glad that you are enjoying the animals. It is so much easier than to be totally responsible for one. I love my dog but it is hard for me to care for him when my husband is out of town and his total care is my responsibility. The doctor is going to try to help me. He is just afraid too. He took so many vials of blood. I had never had that many taken before. He said I would actually qualify for a donor card. The medication that he wants me to take can cause intestinal problems. It pulls toxins out of the fatty parts of your body and into the intestines and hopefully you are able to shed the toxins. It can also cancel out my other medications. I am so happy that you spoke with Honora. I'm glad she has a friend like you. She did leave a wonderful legacy on the board. I truly miss her. Also glad that you are not going to be alone on Thanksgiving. Buy some ear plugs.

Unicork, glad to see you back. We have other missing also. It has been some time since we've heard from Jole,Wake, Dona, Lola, Prickes , "Freddie", CK Carla, Prickles, and many others.

I could use some of that water Maineweezie. I've been buying bottled water from Vermont and Fiji. I love spring water.

mrdad enjoy your Thanksgiving trip. We will miss you so. I like staying on good terms with my ex's also. I even remarried one!

Carla, I hope you are feeling better. We miss you!

To all of you not busy getting ready to go to Tom and Katie's wedding in Italy, I will talk with you later.

Have a great day and hugs to everyone.

5. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Good Morning Ladies,

Kinda quiet here this morning and I can talk outloud as I don't see SUPER!!!!!Oh dear I shouldn't shout like that sorry.....

Had to paddle the canoe over again,but that's smoother than the roads and more direct. I do love this porch too.
    You're definately welcome to all the fresh clean and clear water you want.It's still raining harder than hell! Our spring fed well has been overflowing for days, our mudpuddles have become mini lakes,cars and truck hydroplane badly and flodding is bad. Really thought it was too much a week or so back. Heck even the leech bed won't act right.Call me spoilt but even the bottled water seems to leave an after taste which hubby says is the bottles if it's in Weirdest part for me as we had killing frosts two weeks back and the ground had started freezing. It snowed 40 miles from us had a foot. At 6 AM this morning it was 62 degreesF strange example of global warming.

I'll grab a lie down on the sofa.Looks kinda comfy by the way others,no names mentioned,seem to hog it....Maineweezie
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sweetie. That's the exact same thing I was wearing. A parasole and lounging pants.

Good thing it was raining.

Gordon was locked out last month. He just went and visited the neighbors till I came home from my Emotions Anonymous meeting.

(I don't remember what he was wearing.)

Have a good trip, Joe. Do not make jokes w/ those security people. They have boring jobs and are eagerly waiting for some excitment like tossing witty people in a federal prison.

This is despite the fact that no joke maker has ever made a terrorist attack.

Gordon got into an argument w/ one of them last month. I was afraid he'd be carried away in irons, but he actually got an apology.

Marta, you managed that long post beautifully. (I've been working on this one for 20 minutes.)

Hope everydobby has a good day, on or off the porch.

7. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Good morning sports fans (and non fans)

We are so foggy here I can’t see more than 50 ft. It sounds all muted outside, can’t hear cars or neighbors or the trains or anything! Kind of like the inside of my brain.

The guys went to Portland today to go to that big Star Wars dealy at the museum so they were insane with excitement this morning – this means I am quite enjoying the peace and quiet now. I’ll miss them later. Rog was really not amused to be going as he hates Star Wars or any movie or book having to do with fantasy types of things. Oh well, such is the life of a dad!

They will stay the night tonight so Rog can go to the big family meeting tomorrow on what the next step is in dealing with his dads rapidly progressing Alzheimer’s. None of the available choices are fun.

Thanks Sweetie for starting our new thread, I got on late this morning and am paying the consequences! Don’t worry about SMG having to move all that stuff; remember she can call upon a higher power for help since she’s well placed. I hope your vampire doctor can help you – I had 24 vials of blood taken not too long ago and it all looked pretty impressive setting there but I don’t think it was enough to donate!

Kim welcome! We have some good crazyness here, you’ll like it.

Gnanny – hey! How’ve you been? Somehow our group doesn’t seem to keep in touch much anymore, I talk to the Lindas (lol) and Carol and Darlene occasionally but that’s about it. Have you had any word on Glenda recently? Welcome to our porchie group.

Jodie - woohoo on the paper! It’s always such a feeling of ‘lightness’ to turn those suckers in and walk away free.

Oh Marrrrrrta! Why do I have a feeling you are going to squeeze that collie into your house??

Weezie, sorry about the rain, I didn’t realize when I sent it away that it would go so far! At least your well won’t go dry next summer! I rented 70 acres once with an oooold farmhouse that got it’s water from a spring and the summer I got married the spring ran dry so we had to haul drinking water. There was an irrigation pump down in the small creek on the property so I’d go fire up the irrigation pump and take an invinegorating shower by the creek. Imagine doing that the day before your wedding if you will. Luckily we talked a friend into using their shower on the big day but we had to drive a ways and then we were late to our own wedding lol!

Linda I’m glad the first week went ok, hopefully things will settle down as you get caught up a bit! It’s FRIDAY!

Rock, the only time I ever locked myself out of my apartment I was wearing a t-shirt and underwear and I was the manager of the building so it took awhile to live that one down. Bye the bye, how can you be sure no joke maker has ever made a terrorist attack?

Well Joedad? Are you gonna wave at me as you go over? Rock didn’t and I got my peelings all hurt. We will try to keep the weather in line so as to honor and celebrate your distinguished (extinguished?) arrival. I love those big jets too – especially a big ‘un taking off on a short runway – oh baby that’s power!! I hope you like planes too and I highly doubt Portland airport would be the target of a terrorist attack! Far worse would be a high percentage of babies and 2 year olds.

If I missed anyone my apologies!

Have an as good as possible day everyone,

8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Good mornin' or Afternoon, depending? Done good Sweetie
    changing the Post and Marta was right up there wiff ya!
    Cool and "Soggy" here in S.F. but things are 'posta im-
    prove later.

Sweetie: I was real concerned when I saw the News about
    the Tornado! They must be so frightening! I've been in
    lots of Earthquakes to the point I just wait for them to
    pass and don't get very excited! Seldom is the aftershock
    bigger that the first quake. Thanks for the good wishes
    about my trip! My wife and I split the sheets (as Dad
    called it) over 20 years ago and luckily for we and the
    kids, maintained a respectful relationship. Likewise her
    husband and I have always been friendly to one another.

Marta: I'll bet your new haircut looks great for the Hol-
    idays! I just clicked on the Pic of Niagra Fall Linda
    put up for me (and us)! It is beautiful! Makes me won-
    der what the first Native American Indian thought when 1st
    coming upon it in a dugout canoe, "holy smollie". Makes
    me wanta' go find a barrel!

Rocky: Probably will keep my jokes to a minimum wiff the
    folks at the Airport! What I do enjoy doing, however, is
    going thru the medal detector when LEAVING a secured area.
    I can act as stupid as I look at times! I've done it here
    at City Hall and the Hall of Justice! I Like inside jokes!
    Say hello to Gordon 4-Me! I'll be around 'til Monday Aft
    but we do have a lot of M.I.A.'s this week. It could be
    the weather?

Weezie: I'm starting ta think of you as my "French" Sissy!
    Boy, you and I would sure be living better if' in it wasn'
    t for that darn COLD Russian Winter! Ya know what I'm

Hope everyone is doin' well today!
    "Talk" later,
    JOE aka MRDAD
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Just stopping by to wish you all a good night. Gretchen, I do hope you're wrong about Callie, the collie. I think I would live to reget it.

See you in the morning!

Hugs alllllllllll around the Porch,
  10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

The Porch has really been slow since we have moved. Just wanted to check in with all of you.

I was hoping to here from our MIA's and was wanting to see how Linda fared today.

Rocky is the answer to your question your "bottom"? I heard something on TV this week and I think that is the word they used.
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

yes, i know they are from the 80'd but it's my age.

gonna dress up in hot little mini skirt, black fishnet panty hose, black stilleto boots and a cute little black top.

maybe i won't look too young for my age.

already got told today i looked 32. so i think i can still pull it off.

well off to get a beauty nap.

marta don't forget the football game.

12. gilley

gilley New Member

I saw you all on the porch from across the lake and then you were gone. I kept tracking you and finally found y'all on the chit chat.Were are the porch dwellers this evening?
  13. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Good evening. The Porch has been very quite since the we moved. Everyone has not found there way yet.

I'm glad that you came by to visit and hopefully you will be back again. If you find any missing Porchies please send them over. There is lots of room here.

Linda, The drug is Quastran, a cholesterol drug. I did a search for it on the CFS/FM board and found a thread about it and the doctor in Maryland that uses the protocol. I did the VAC (eye test) for toxicity and both my husband and I showed exposure. I am on time released meds and the Quastran will cancel out the medications. My husband and son is certified in mold remediation. You would not believe how many medical and hospitals that have severe mold problems. They have to be sign waivers to not release the info to the public. These hospitals and medical practices would really be hurt if their mold problems became public. One of their most contaminated offices was an office that housed an allergy practice.
  14. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Well. I'm glad ya found us over here! Believe that many
    of the Porchie Friends are absent today as they are on
    their way to Italy having been invited to the "TOM-KAT"
    wedding! Neither Oprah nor I were invited, and after Mr.
    Cruise ruined my sofa wiff his heel scuff marks!

Did you go to a Girls Catholic High School? Cause when
    I was walking up to the Porch I noticed that you had that
    plaid skirt pinned up above your knees? That's usually a
    dead give away! I can tell that we are gonna' have lots
    of fun ahead! I went to an all Boy's Cat. High!

IT's Friday nite "Happy Hour" at the Porch so others
    should be by soon!

Again Welcome!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome Gilley, you are now a member of the porch gang, like it or not. Haha

Linda, I saw a documentary some years ago. Title was something like "It's a mouldy world out there." I got the impression that mildew and mould are both fungi. Vitally important in nature's recycling process.

Be nice if they would leave us alone until we are ready to be recycled.

Gretchen, are you serious? If somebody made a joke and then launched a terrorist attack, don't you think it would be front page news? Anyway, terrorists are fanatics. They do not have a sense of humor. See the writings of Gavin de Becker.

Sweetie, "Bottom" is a character in Midsummer's Night's Dream. Are you talking about ambiguities or something else.

I got out of the house today. Went to the Brand library in Glendale, an 18 mile round trip. I think driving for an hour in traffic aggravated my brain fog. See you all tomorrow.
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sweetie: We actually did about 28 over here after the
    move on yesterday. And I think things willpickup again
    soon. The weekends seem always to be a bit slower!

Linda: Glad ya got some rest last nite and that you have
    the weekend to "restup" a little! I assume you get Thurs.
    off so that should break up the next week also. Appreciate
    the fact that before you leave for work in the A.M.'s, you
    take the time to wish all on the Porch a good day ahead.
    It is very thoughtful! Have ya met the "New Kid" on the
    Porch yet? Her name is Gilly and I think she may have
    had Sister Mary Gregory for a teacher also! Gets to be a
    very small world indeed. Gotta find out more about her

Rock: I think that flight is only about 1:40 mins from
    Oakland to Portland! Barely time to get that bag of pea-
    nuts open! (I will get peanuts, won't I) ? Think my Daug-
    ther and Freddie will be right there waiting for me and
    those (2-Fer) coupons!

Marta: Was sorry to hear about the Mich. State Coach! And
    on the Eve of the a big game with Ohio makes it all that
    more tragic. Goin' to see the furbie guys tomorrow?

Jodie: Your gonna' look real HOT I'm sure. I always enjoy
    that descriptive tour of your Lingerie drawer before you
    go out for the evening! Behave yourself, "K"?

Butler is ready wiff my din-din!
    "Talk" later,
    JOE aka MRDAD
  17. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

"A hulking figure in black, she carried a yardstick and looked like she wasn't afraid to use it. Sister Mary Frederick taught geometry and stood over me in the front row while she glared at the people behind me. I would look up into her nose with fascination because she had three nostrils. I often wondered if this was what attracted her to geometry or if, possibly too much geometry could triangulate your nose."

For your reading pleasure from Alan Aldas Autobiography "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed".

Whooo! I hope she and SMG aren't friends 'cause I'd hate to see her show up here!

18. mrdad

mrdad New Member

19. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I have been so sick this past week with bronchitis. I just finished my antibiotics this morning. I have taken so much over the counter "cold medicine" that I can't sleep. It's 1:00am here.

So I thought I'd send you guys and gals a note. I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving time. The years do grow shorter, not longer. I think Jimmy Buffet said that in a song once. I'm not even ready for Christmas.

Maybe next week, I'll start on Christmas decorating inside and out. A little bit at a time. My granddaughter will be out of school next Wed,Thur,&Fri and the following Monday. I'm sure she will love helping me decorate. I have a Christmas village for the tabletop, with little houses, people and "stuff".

Well, guess I'll try to get some sleep now. Talk with you all later. Nite. Sees
  20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

so y and t looked so freaking old. but a good concert though.

a few freaks. then my friend thought it would be funny to slap my behind. then a couple of other men enjoed it to

we moved.

i need to get my beauty sleep for the university of michigan game. then i get to do my homework. and study study study.

till december 21.. then i get my elbow surgery.

that will slow me down. i will be in a cast. so maybe some nice gentleman may be so nice t help this old gal out.