THE PORCHLIGHT #692 IS CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lydia1, Mar 16, 2014.

1. springwater

springwater Member

ipad as usual acting weird..sorry..

Sun - sorry to hear of yr depression, i can understand it rearing its head now,
    just hang in there, this too shall pass

Julie - good luck for your away trip, dont do too much at SILs that you overexert

granni - hope you got over the crud, good luck fr your trip too!

jam - i hv had had to get used to the mess around here too, its gotten
    so any little cleaning i do makes me elated, lately been battling more
    than a little exhaustion

rock - i am always surprised to hear you mention alzheimers, you seem
    so sharp, and i remember you were concerned about it like in 2000
    here on the boards...i get you tho, i too hv been having memory lapses,
    not being able to recall words or names i wouldve normally done so
    on the spot

mikie - enjoy listening to your posts, lol, or reading, seems like listening,
    i feel like im working alongside you as you paint the tennis court benches,
    put weedkiller on the lawns, exult over bargains,

i could use a little of yr enthusiasm for life..right now, seems like i drag
    meself thru things to do at present

diane - thinking of you, and hope you find some succour from the
    anxiety issues, i get you about finding the right doc..

god bless
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Grief! I didn't see the posts on page two when I last posted.

Granni, I'm glad the Naval Jelly is working for you. Sounds as though it's a long tough process, though. Good for you for hanging in there.

Julie, as usual, you are a busy little bee. I'm glad you have the NRG to do all you do and that you rest when you need to. Just remember to stop and rest before you are completely pooped.

Sunflower Girl, I'm sending up a prayer for you. I suffered from clinical depression for years when I was younger so I know how it feels. I pray you feel better.

Springwater, sounds as though everything is going kaput all at once. Isn't that the way it always works! Hope you get everything working again. I hate it when something isn't working. Our Comcast TV and internet went out a few days ago. Ever since, the wi-fi has been slow and I have to keep rebooting my modem and router just to get my computer up and running. Praying that all your problems go away.

Yesterday morning, I took my coffee cup out to enjoy the birds' singing. The mockingbirds serenade us with their sweet songs every morning. All of a sudden, I felt as though I would fall down if I didn't lie down. I came inside and slept for several hours. Got nothing done all day but rest. This crud isn't going away and being outside in the pollen just makes it worse. Thank God, my outside work is mostly done. DD just called from Atlanta to say they can't seem to get over it either. She's been redoing their bath so they can put their house on the market and this is slowing her down.

DGS has attention deficit disorder which makes school difficult for him. DD got a French book on parenting and they saw a therapist who gave him some tools to use to focus when his mind starts to wander. He's like a changed child, getting almost all A's in school. I'm so glad I got that Kindle for him Christmas before last; once again, he is getting an award for reading so many books. Electronic readers are wonderful. Barb is blind in one eye from her stroke and using a Kindle is the only way she can enjoy readying by enlarging the print. I have been too busy lately to feel like reading but want to get back to it.

I still feel lousy today but am going to get into the shower and see how it goes. I have a $5 coupon if I buy $40 worth of groceries but they also have their $50 gas cards for $40 if I buy $50 in groceries. It doesn't take much to spend $50 at the store so will likely pick up another gas card. It's too good of a deal to pass up.

Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers, especially prayers for those who need them. Think I'll close this Porch and start a new one.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This Porch is closed. Please go to Porch Volume #693. Thanks!