The Porchlight for volume 348 is now ON !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Welcome my dear Porch friends. I have got to get dinner now so have to run and then go to choir practice tonight.

I left some delicious hot teas for you all and some yummy choc chip cookies. Hows that for a treat ? Don't eat to much befoare dinner though. Or just wait til tomorrow for breakfast (-: !

Love,

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 02/18/2009]
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

For opening a new thread. I am at work so have to keep it short as the wireless network I am "borrowing" the hotel across the street is not always working.

I have been working on my paintings, it is the one thing that takes my mind off of my worries right now. I am working today so I can have tomorrow off to rest and then do the show on Sat.

Granni it is a art's festival my club sponsors every year, we do two shows a year so I really want to go.

Elaine glad you are getting your mom taken care of, you are a good daughter. You haven't mentioned JOhn Smith lately.

Well I have a customer so will say hello to everydobby and be back when I can-Carla
  3. Granniluvsu

I decided that I needed to check in with you guys and take a break as I have been vacuuming the house. I havaae been putting it off and putting it off and I also need to clean my baseboards. I know that part will not get done today but maybe I can at least vacuum them.

Elaine - Thanks for the KABOOM ip. I may try that as well as the Magic Eraser that Mickey told me about. The problem is, is that I have a marble shower and I am afraid to put anything on it that will ruin it, like I did for my marble tub. I am not sued to marble and have never had it until we moved here.

I have have always had the old fashioned ceramic, fiberglass or whatever they were. As it is, I do not want the KABOOM or whatever to drip down either onto the gold plated or covered edging around the shower glass doors or to get onto the marble either. They already have changed to a silver color in some places. I spray on the daily Arm and Hammer daily bathroom cleaner spray after I shower. However, I do not think that does much on the glass doors. If I try the Kaboom I will have to be careful not to let it get anywhere else. Thanks for the hint !

Glad you are helping out your mom to at least starat her on the right road to getting regular checkpups and such. I know that is alot like my home. My mom didn;t have much money and she just lived with her arathritis pain or anything else that was bothering her till it got really bad. Many of the older generation is that way. However, maybe I am a little different as I was in the nursing profession and know how important that was. Also, DH also had a great insurance program and so it didn't hurt that much to go to the docs. I just hope that doesn't change as I am on so many dumb meds and am trying to get off some but b/p meds is something you can't food around with and need to take daily. Can't take generics for that, unfortunatley.

Hope you get to be back to your old self again real soon. It sounds like you are coming along . All that excercise with your mom should keep you busy too. Hope that it is helpful. BTW, I thought I heard alot of singing going on the highway the last few days, - couldn't tell who it was though (-: !

Julie - Glad that things are coming along at your house and things are starting to looka little less "germy" - hey is that a word??? Kiera reminds me alot of my first daughter so mature for her age. Of course the first ones are always like that it seems. My 1st daughter was always very mature for her age amd her daughter is the same way. BTW, she is the only granddaughter out of 8 grandchildren. Will get to see her next week dance on the HS drill team (or should I say, now it is called Dance Team) !! She is such a tall and pretty blonde young lady . Going to take drivers ed this summer. Both of her parents are very much doers and so all her kids will be too.

Did you ever find your resume? I hope you do so . That is awful when you are looking for asomething and can't find it !! Maybe you can get a few drawers cleaned out though. That is what happens to me, it at least gets me going in the cleaning department.

Linda - I know you wrote and I can't remember exactly what you said except that Miss Lucie was bugging you to play ball with her. How much does that little baby (-: weigh now??? We miss you here on the Porch and hope you get to feel better soon. Do you know yet when they will do the surgery?

Carla - I know that you will get your ppictures done as that is what you really enjoy. Good luck to you in selling them. Are they almost done? I havent checked your site yet in awhile.

Mickey - sorry to hear about your sleep issues. I am working on them myself. Am waiting for another sleep aid my rheumy told me about and then will experiment with it and the PH Fibrosleep I have also been taking. Hope you get it ironed out as not being able to sleep is no fun. I usually get up 1-2x a nite to go to the bathroom but have been able to go back to sleep, at least. With nothing I was staying up and not being able to go back again for a long time. So, it is better.

Hi to Rock, Monica, Marta, Sweetie, Joan, Jodie, Annie, Mrdad and all the many wonderful MIA Prchies. We miss you !

Now I have to go and finish vacuuming.

Love,

Granni

[This Message was Edited on 02/19/2009]
  4. springwater

springwater Well-Known Member

I am sipping on a cuppa hot tea you left right now...as i settle myself down and preparing for a nice 'me' time on the net...aaah, delicious!

Mickey - they say henna makes the hair shinier, bouncier, healthier. I dont know. I use it for covering grey strands, i use the red henna which gives a reddish tinge to normal hair and makes grey hair look red, not grey. I have very dry hair so lots of oiling needed. My cousins or rather husbands cousins, all in their 20s use it regularly or rather some months apart and they have lovely hair.. it is said to have a drying effect so not to be used all the time;...but combined with other nourishing treatment, i think it makes the hair look healthier. Some people, put oil, lemon and even egg yolk in with the henna but i did only the henna mixed with a little coffee to give hair a brown tinge. They have directions on the internet. Nowadays the internet has directions for everything. I wonder if i want to levitate, if i type in 'levitate' on google, some sort of directions will come up for levitating? Quite possible.

Julie - my dogs are always surprised but so happy if i get up at an unearthly hour and potter around to the kitchen to get a drink of water or something. they get up, stretch, wag their tail, and try to follow and see what i am doing. Then if they are too woozy, they go back and flop down and resume their sleep. Yes, my niece is still with me. her final exams for grade 12 start after two weeks. She is attending tutions regularly.

Elaine - your poor mother, you will make her tone deaf if you subject her to all that singing everytime you take her to the doctor...pick on someone your own size..like...now who, mmmm, John Smith? hahahahaha. Kidding. You are a good daughter, and a rambunctious one and i hope things settle down pretty soon.

I too have issues with my brother, my middle one, I know he is drinking again, he sounds drunk on the phone, he is drowning in debt, out of work for years, and plagued by creditors. He has made some pretty bad mistakes in life, been exctremely selfish, which are really costing him now, i can feel the anguish he goes thru on a daily basis, sometimes he behaves as if he doesnt know if he is coming or going, and my niece just doesnt want to go live with him. She is so disgusted at her father, tho she also loves him, in the way a child will always love her parent. My heart aches for him...but only so much someone else can do, he made his bed, he has to lie down in it..just hope he can figure out a way to make the bed as comfortable as he can...but..I despair of it...and fear for him too. lets see, his son and daughter will study, hopefully finish college and then start working..and maybe his life will be easier...i dont know..but one hopes.

Linda - so nice to see you drop in....I would love if daffodils grew willy nilly all over the place where i lived. Ive seen pictures of them growing in great clumps...i just love their bright yellow colour..and am savouring the four single daffodils in their pots i bought.

Carla - glad to see you dropped in. I was afraid you might still be recovering from the big storm.
    Nice to hear you are busy painting. What a lovely gift to have. To be able to paint as you do.

Rock - where are you? Gone off somewhere with Gordon? An out of town visit? Or flower show?

Well, i stayed in today, tho a guilty pang is niggling at me for not visiting ma in law. But i needed to recover from yesterdays outing. Such is the condition of a CFS sufferer. Two days out in a row will knock you down, especially if it is a social visit with someone 'iffy'.

Hugs all around......

God Bless
  5. bct

bct Well-Known Member

I am actually staggering on to the porch for a minute. I DO read you all each day, but it is often hard for me to post, for various silly reasons, like brain-fog, CFS, etc, OH YOU KNOW.

You all seem to be running circles around me energy wise, so I'm usually content to sit back and quietly enjoy your company! Bless you ALL.

Springwater: I'm glad you found some daffs. Do they grow well in Nepal, or are they considered exotic their? What kinds of flowers are commonly grown in the are you live in. A friend went to Kath. a few years ago, but lost his camera -- Bah! He had promised me some Nepalese garden pics.!

Rock: Hope you are keeping spirited (not gin) and that the rains haven't put you in the dumps. I have something to ask you. What is your favorite opera, and who is your favorite composer in general (of opera). I am thinking of listening to more of it, but am pretty much stuck on some arias from M.Butt. and Turandot. Any suggestions for me? On another note, I envy you having all Gordon's orchids to gaze at. I do have a pink dwarf Cymbidium in bloom, and a small Onciduim in bud. Also a pot of smelly (good) hyacinths in the bedroom.

To all the Rest,
    All the Best,
    Barry
  6. springwater

So nice to see you and read your words...a fellow flower enthusiast, I see...thats lovely. Pretty much all the flowers which bloom in summer out there bloom here, in nepal but in Feb/March thru May. The weather being warmer here. Petunias, phlox, dahlias, marigolds...some of the flowers which bloom in colder climes dont do well here, i have not seen peonies, nor lavender, and orchids are a bit difficult tho they do bloom. I have uploaded a picture of my porch as it was in summer of last year; on my profile. Right now, the flowers havent bloomed completely.

Julie - i was on the Spirituality board...and saw tiggys post but thought its better to post about it here. I think in this case actions speak louder than words, and your love and trust in your faith not 'speak' but veritably 'shout' out (but quietly and calmly) through the loving way you go about your life, being there untiringly for your family, and putting yourselves out financially and in every way to go off to Belize. I truly do admire the strength of your spirituality and how the Lord inspires you to give of yourself so unflinchingly.

God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 02/19/2009]
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Just don't gots no energy with what to post. As the hometown gazette reported about Cora
    Bucksaddle, however, I am able to sit up and take nourishment.

My friends Chuck and Dottie Brainfeeble stopped by to visit this afternoon. Dottie
    brought some of her jello-tuna casserole to help keep my strength up.

Took some extra Vitamin D3 pills. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Am leaving a basketful of hugs. Alas they are somewhat threadbare and wimpy.
    Oh, well. We can only do what we can do. We know that is true because it is
    a tautology, and all tautologies are true.

Rock

8. Granniluvsu

We were missing you. Hope you will feel better soon. Sorry you have been feeling puny ! It is no fun to have no NRG , is it?? Hope to wee you tomorrow.

Springwater (and Julie) - yes I agaree with you about our dear JULIE. She is truly a precious gem. She is so unselfish and giving to all. I should have so much NRG tand strength to do all she does for everyone.

Love,

Granni
  9. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Gosh it has been doctors, doctors, doctors for all of us it seems. I had an appoinment yesterday to see if I could get a sleep study done and tested for ADD, Hahaha, which i know i have and have had all my life.

Anyway, i also had the bout of stomach flu so i just stayed home all day yesterday except for going to the doctor.

Lynn they are still trying to get my humira approved by my insurance but the assistant said it has been approved and i should be getting my first supply in a couple of weeks. She actually gave me my first month's supply, so i started my first shot yesterday, i am so excited to get rid of all of this psoriasis, i just wished it helped with the pain as well.

My doctor also ordered a sleep study for me and for me to see a physicologist about the Add thing. So I should be hearing from someone from her office on those issues. Gee whiz and I am only 43 with all these dang problems.

All the way up until 40 I have never even seen a doctor except for my gynocologist visits. I never got sick and was as healthy as a horse. I just went downhill at 40 that is for sure.

Julie you poor thing, i hope you finally got some sleep, that is horrible having to wake up every hour on the hour for your child. I remember when the girls were babies and having to do that.

Springwater, thanks for the info on Henna, I am going to have to try that. I do use Fancifull, every morning. I let my hair towel dry and pour some of that in my hair before i style it. It kind of makes by blonde not no brassi looking. However, now they made the bottle 2 ounces smaller and raised the price by 2.00 more. I even wrote a letter to them about that. I have been using it for about 20 years now and told them i was going to stop using it because of that reason, so i may try this henna. Can you buy it at a regular store like Walmart, walgreens, etc... or do you have to go to a beauty supply store?????

Rock, that is the pits that you are without energy because we really miss you here on the porch. I hope those vitamin d3 pills will help.

BCT I am so glad that you come by and read are comings and goings and hopefully we entertain you, LOL. I know these porchies definetly entertain me most days. I love all these Porchies and they make my days much brighter. I just wish Mr Dad and all the older porchies would come back.

Well gang, i am back at work today and trying to get caught up from missing yesterday. If I am feeling up to it I may go out on the town with my sister tomorrow night, you know drinking and dancing, LOL. Hubby is going to be gone playing cards and Linny will be with her friends and of course Ashley can't come home again so I just don't want to be home alone. I know i will pay for it on Sunday but that is okay, I need a night out.

I will check in with you all later porchies. Take Care,

Mickey
  10. Granniluvsu

Georgia - I am so sorry to hear about Mr. M.'s depression. Yes, it sounds like he needs some AD's as you have mentioned, at least temporarily. Are you going to make him an appointment or will he do so on his own? I know I end up making all the appointments. Of course, maybe the doc who had him take the tests can prescribe something but cannot make him take the pills for sure. Of course you cannot live with the abuse. or mistreatment either.

Therefore, I suggest that you tell him that he must try going on some AD's , even if only just a short time. If he refuses to go to another doc (for a prescription, if he can't get one from where he had his tests done)or to take AD's and if his mistreatment of you continues you might have to say that if he does not get any help and try AD's that you might have to leave. You shouldn't have to take any mistreatment of from, even if you do love him. I am sure he loves you too but he is just not thinking right at this time. I don't know if the home is in his, yours or both of your names or if you are renting.

I certainly hope it doesn't come to that but sometimes you have to use some leverage or do some threatening, if you know what I mean. I wish you didnt have to worry about having to do or say these things but medication can make things go so much better for him and you both.

This was just a suggestion in case things got worse. I certainly hope that you do not have to give him an ultimatum. I wouldn't know what else to do.

God bless you hon and hope it all works out for you both.

Julie - So sorry also you both have been having similar problems. You are so strong and such a hard worker. I don;t know what else you can do. Would he go for some meds and take them""

Well, DH s calling so I may check in later.

Love to you all,

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 02/20/2009]
  11. springwater

Me too down on NRG -that makes Rock and I. Mine due to womens issue. I expect the NRG to pick up after a few days. meanwhile i am all alone in the house, except for niece who is busy studying. Have given her lunch. And since lights just came on i am going to HOG the tv. Yes sirree. The hubs is away at golf it being saturday so, i will clamber on the bed, put my feet up, cuddle into a quilt because it is blowing hard outside, and watch. Watch what? I dont know. I hope something nice comes up.

Last night I made the mistake of reading a dark book by AJ Cronin, 'Hatters castle' about a proud rich man coming to ruin because of his unrelenting dominating nature. And succeeded in depressing myself still further. Strangely i could not put down the book because as i read about him mistreating his wife, daughter, son, others i kept wanting to get to the end and see him pounded into the pavement, his pride and cruelty lying in tatters and i got what i wanted...he was brought to rack and ruin but since the whole story was about his misdoings, it made me feel low and pessimistic myslelf. Stupid me for going ahead and reading.

Julie and Georgia - so sorry and very taken aback to hear of DH and Mr M's depression respectively. Julie - harsh words passed between husband and wife...it happens, has happened between me and my DH too. I notice when one is hurting, one likes to inflict wounding words on another as a form of self defence or something. I think with both your DH and Mr M the issue of not bringing home the bacon as a man is used to is causing insecurity resentment issues. Even tho this has been imposed on them and not of their own doing. I hope both of them will come around. I know they will. Meanwhile good to see you sharing because it must be a heavy burden to keep hidden in ones heart. Praying these things will be resolved.

Rock - good to see your post and know the reason for your absence of sorts...miss you and hope you soon regain it.

Elaine - nice to to hear from you too and hope you soon recover from this flare.

Mickey - I dont know if your country stocks henna at the supermarket...ours does becoz its so common to use it. have a good night out.

Granni - good advice you gave there about not taking nonsense.

Well, i am off now...all porchies who come by/lurking/peeking, hugs

God Bless

12. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Yeah,it is Saturday, my favorite day of the week, but it is flying by already as it is 1:15. I have been cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, etc... all the things i need to get done on the weekends. I love the smell of bleach in the bathroom after i have cleaned. LOL

Hubby and i rented a stupid movie last night, The Stangers, horror movie. Oh well, it was only a dollar, we also got Heath Blizzards from Dairy Queen, so that was a nice treat. I didn't sleep well at all. I waited for Linny to get home about midnight and then went to bed and hubby snored and snored. I finally got up and went into the spare bedroom and feel asleep only to get up at 7. I hate when that happens on the weekends, especially when I can sleep in for a change. Urggggg

Georgia, I really hope mr m realizes that the medicine will do him some good. I am sure he is so frustrated, that has to be hard to be a hard working person and then all of sudden have to quit and become disabled. Definetly not something a man wishes upon himself. I will keep you all in my prayers as well as Julie and Den.

Well, it looks like everyone is busy today. Not much posting. We did get a little bit of snow last night, just a dusting, but it sure is cold out there, brrrrrr. I am so looking forward to Spring.

Well, tonight i am going out with my sister. We are going to old town st charles to a couple of clubs that are having good bands playing so that will be fun for awhile. I am definetly not staying out too late though. I really want to make it to church tomorrow. Hubby is going to be playing cards somewhere and linny will be out with friends.

Ashley did come home yesterday as she had a doctor appointment, but i only got to see her for about 5 minutes and then she had to go back to columbia. One of her friends was celebrating a birthday and they were all taking her out on the town.

Well I am going to go clean some more and maybe take a nap if i can. Take care and have a good rest of the weekend porchies.

Mickey
  13. Granniluvsu

Georgia - Glad that things seem to be going on the right track for you and Mr. M. Hope that it continue and that he will go and do what the doctors says and take those meds. Yes, no one likes to have to take them but sometimes they do. Hopefully, if and when he can get back to work then he will feel better and not have to take them any more. However, he needs to do it one way or the other, even if he needs to take them for a longer period. Glad you stuck to your guns. I am sure it was very hard for you both.

Julie - Yes, I think it does help you to feel somewhat better afater posting or venting aboaut your situation. Just to do that is a relief, even if the situation still remains. However, it does seem like things are going along pretty well for you both. You both have so much at at stake with your lovely family. Plus, you both are such wonderful and caring people , so giving and full of faith.

Mickey - you are braver than I watching those spooky movies. I never really did like them and now it is even worse. The older one (ome of them a nyway) were just really illy and not ffull of to much horror. Nowadays - forget it . I would never get near one of them. Glad DH doesn't really care for them either.

Glad you got to see Ashley or a short time when she came in to go to the doctors. Ah yes, they grow up and start to fly away little by little but they do usually come back. Have no fear.

Oh, BTW, my youngest daughter is named Lynne and when she was little we called her Lynnie for awhile. I rememberd that when youmentioned that in one of your recent posts

.Hope you have fun going out with your sister.That is nice to live so close to her. Where does she live?? Don't stay out to late now ???

OMG, I just realize that next December she, my Lynnie" will become 40 years old. AAACCCKK !!

Elaine - glad that you are coming along but hope things straighten out for you and your mom soon, so you will feel more like your old self again (or should I say young self) (-: !! However, glad that you are helping your mom and are trying to keep your spirits up , as usual. Just keep singing and dancing and you will be fine !!

Springwater - Hi there sweetie. Hope you got to snuggle in with a good book, I guess that was yesterday when your hubby was playing golf. I think that is what you said. Hope you got your NRG back. I have just forgotten what you and everydobby else said. YIKES !!
    I just love reading your posts. They ae so well written and thought out, even when YOU aren't sure if you are really thinking at all (-: !

Well, I really have to go and start thinking abouat dinner. Hover everyone else has a wonderful weekend. Nothing ecciting here. I helped DH wash the golf cart and get rid of some of the spiderwebs and such in the garage. Now all I have to do is clean the house. However, that will not be till another day.

Hugs and blessing to everydobby inc those MIA's and lurking about (even if I didn't mention all of your names !

Granni

14. Granniluvsu

Georgia - Glad that things seem to be going on the right track for you and Mr. M. Hope that it continue and that he will go and do what the doctors says and take those meds. Yes, no one likes to have to take them but sometimes they do. Hopefully, if and when he can get back to work then he will feel better and not have to take them any more. However, he needs to do it one way or the other, even if he needs to take them for a longer period. Glad you stuck to your guns. I am sure it was very hard for you both.

Julie - Yes, I think it does help you to feel somewhat better afater posting or venting aboaut your situation. Just to do that is a relief, even if the situation still remains. However, it does seem like things are going along pretty well for you both. You both have so much at at stake with your lovely family. Plus, you both are such wonderful and caring people , so giving and full of faith.

Mickey - you are braver than I watching those spooky movies. I never really did like them and now it is even worse. The older one (ome of them a nyway) were just really illy and not ffull of to much horror. Nowadays - forget it . I would never get near one of them. Glad DH doesn't really care for them either.

Glad you got to see Ashley or a short time when she came in to go to the doctors. Ah yes, they grow up and start to fly away little by little but they do usually come back. Have no fear.

Oh, BTW, my youngest daughter is named Lynne and when she was little we called her Lynnie for awhile. I rememberd that when youmentioned that in one of your recent posts

.Hope you have fun going out with your sister.That is nice to live so close to her. Where does she live?? Don't stay out to late now ???

OMG, I just realize that next December she, my Lynnie" will become 40 years old. AAACCCKK !!

Elaine - glad that you are coming along but hope things straighten out for you and your mom soon, so you will feel more like your old self again (or should I say young self) (-: !! However, glad that you are helping your mom and are trying to keep your spirits up , as usual. Just keep singing and dancing and you will be fine !!

Springwater - Hi there sweetie. Hope you got to snuggle in with a good book, I guess that was yesterday when your hubby was playing golf. I think that is what you said. Hope you got your NRG back. I have just forgotten what you and everydobby else said. YIKES !!
    I just love reading your posts. They ae so well written and thought out, even when YOU aren't sure if you are really thinking at all (-: !

Well, I really have to go and start thinking abouat dinner. Hover everyone else has a wonderful weekend. Nothing ecciting here. I helped DH wash the golf cart and get rid of some of the spiderwebs and such in the garage. Now all I have to do is clean the house. However, that will not be till another day.

Hugs and blessing to everydobby inc those MIA's and lurking about (even if I didn't mention all of your names !

Granni