The Porchlight is On...... Vol 13

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Good Morning Kids,

I'm up way too early...woke up moaning in pain. Seems I got too close to my hubby in bed last night..my back to his back (no, nothing kinky) and he rolled over in his sleep. So I woke up with his fast-asleep weight on top of me. OOWWEEE!!

Naturally I came here where we all come at strange hours of the morning and night and find that I've got to do the deed.

So here ya go...

Lola

P.S. Missed y'all yesterday...too much partying on the Porch night before and celebrating our wedding anniversary. If pics look ok, later I will post one of hubby and me taken by our waiter at lunch yesterday.[This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

good morning to you, Lolalee and Mr and Mrs America and all the ships at sea and things too fierce to mention.

Huckle and I are awake. Huckle is the gold tom cat who was born in our flower bed 6 or 7 years ago. No pets allowed here, but in the middle of the night he knocks on

the window screen, and I let him in for a visit. Like the dogs, he always wants to lie on something, even if it's only a piece of paper. He's in luck right now. Gave him a towel from the laundry basket.

Yes, put up a picture of your anniversary lunch. Which one is it? I mean, which anniversary; not which lunch.

Hope everyone has a nice Colombus Day. Several years ago one of the local newscasters explained it was Colombus Day in honor of the birthday of the great Spanish explorer.

And these people make big money for bringing us the news!

[This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I should almost say good afternoon. I woke up at at 8 am and decided to lay there for a while...next thing I know it is 10:45!

Really wanted to get a earlier start today..oh well that is life.

The porch looks lovely with the fall decorations, everyone did a great job.

Like the fire too, it was getting a little chilly.

Mayby Mrdad and Fredericka are on a little "side trip" together, seems they are both MIA.

Can someone fill me in on Sweetie. I tryed going back but my eyes were starting to cross after a awhile.

I seem to remember some thing about a adopted baby and then the the baby got very sick. I am confusing two different issues.

Anne- I hope you had a safe trip and your brother was able to visit some with you. I think about you often. My nurse freind's exhusband was killed in a car wreck the same time your brother and SIL had their accident. I wish you all the best.

Carla-NL- you are busy, when I was in the working world I was in the numbers/accounting business too. I am dysflexic sp? so it was a real challenge for me.

Well, I'm off to work in my "studio". While it is not completed, it is workable, much better than the 12 x 10 bedroom filled with stuff I used last year. It looks out a larger slider in the woods behind me. Great light to work in.

I hope everyone has a great day- CK Carla or CarlaB
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Carla-NL: I'm not really sleeping in this morning as
    I'm on my 2nd cup of Java! Let me tell ya Carla, it
    was quite on the Porch yesterday as I think everybody
    recovering from the B'Day Party. Anne's gonna get a
    big "kick" out of the Posts from the Party when she
    reads them! Ya know, we haven't heard anythin' from
    Prickles so it sounds as if she may have had a much bet-
    ter B'Day than I did on mine! Weather has been just
    beautiful here. I can see it right out my window!!

Rock: I'm so impressed with your depiction of the Family
    history. I'm only 4th Gen. so not even ateenager yet
    combared to you. That discussion you were having with
    Anne and those letters she was sharing with you, I
    couldn't even get involved in that wiff you guys as I
    would get to deeply involved! We would need are own
    thread and Post! Is it true that when you were a Pil-
    grim, you were brought up on a "conflict of interest"
    charge for selling them "Crop Insurance"? Fess up now!!

Lola: Thanks so much for helping with the Post Changes!
    Sister Gregory is appreciative (in her own way) also.
    She said having the #l3 should not be a problem,

but when we get at
    the end of Vol. 776--we have to figure something else
    out for that next Post! Nothing "Kinky" huh?? Do ya
    know the difference betw. Erotic and Kinky? "Erotic is
    when one uses a feather, Kinky is when one uses the whole
    chicken"! LOVE THAT ONE!!

Sweetie: I'm glad you checked in with us. Marta has been
    "abscent" also but I hope it is bec. she is having a good
    time with her Son!! Maybe she will check in a 'lil
    later. Hope you are doing better Sweetie. When ever I
    read your Bio. I am always in state of wonderment! You
    are just a courageous lady!

Looks like it's gonna be a great day for "sunbathing"
    at the park! Gotta go "windex" the glass on my bino-
    culars! Don't want any blurred "images".

"talk" later my good friends,
    MRDAD

5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Nice to know that we can call on ya if we get in a

JAM, Mary Ellen!!

p.s. Think I saw that in True Confession magazine.

MRDAD
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

It is a beeyootifull day....I absolutely love Autumn...I even love the word...my mind conjures up shades of pumpkin, gold, burgundy, cranberry, rust and pale yellow. We don't have those lovely colors around these here parts..too far south in Alabama, almost Florida. However, we do have flowers that bloom this time of year. Outside our office window (puter's in the office) I see 4 gorgeous, pure white Angel Trumpet blooms hanging in a straight row at least 8" long. Well, just about anything in my garden that is enjoying the cooler weather is showing off. I like to say that God loves to show off in my garden in springtime and in autumn.

OK, my friends, I'm about to go where this woman has never gone before. I went as far back as Vol.11 and found Porch posts that I had meant to respond to but hadn't....until now!! I did a copy/paste onto a blank Word document and will now attempt to go back and forth and hopefully successfully accomplish my goal. If this gets too long, I'll divide it into 2 posts. If you are like me, long posts scare me and I avoid 'em....too many words.

ok..here goes (in no particular order...hey, gimme a break)

ckCarla - Re Sweetie (who we miss terribly while she takes a little break)is a very much loved member of the Porch tribe. Her Board name is 1Sweetie and if you'd like, you can read her bio to get to know her better...I think you have her confused with Stormyske(who I haven't seen on the Porch). To my knowledge, Sweetie does not have an adopted grandchild.

Carla_NL - Yeah, yeah, I figured you were putting off the inevitable by extending Vol 12 1/2. No problem, I was up very early and it was my pleasure to usher in Vol 13. BTW I like your idea on a previous post to give a little mini-bio of ourselves here. Probably others thought so too, but I think the idea got buried because the Porch has been busy and things are easy to miss, hence, my purpose here trying to ketchup on things that I've wanted to comment on.

I'll do a little quickie of myself at another time since I 'spect this post will be long enough.

Sassy....Fudge brownies sound wonderful. Re Halloween decorations, I don't know what you had in mind, but I seem to remember Sweetie and Anne talking about how nice it is to tone down the Halloween theme and keep it from being nasty and scary (not to say that's what you had in mind)so as not to scare the little kids. I think they were talking more in terms of neighbors and to what extent some people go to make their houses really spooky. Soooo, I'm sure everyone will be fine with a few pumpkins around the Porch...even a scarecrow wouldn't be bad.

OK, kids, I think this post is long enough. Let me start another one and wrap it all up.

Lola

7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You're right, MrDad! I've been enjoying my son. What a pleasure it is to have him here. I'm practicing living one moment at a time because all too soon it will be tomorrow when he leaves. OH! I can't go there....

Sounds as if we're all having wonderful weather. I noticed that the leaves are lovely in the back of the Lodge around the lake. Did you all go on that hayride yet? Here in Michigan the leaves are magically transforming into wonderful colors while the squirrels are frantically gathering nuts. Of course they never remember where they bury them and in that respect they remind me of some people who work hard for...... something... but they're not sure what.

Rocky, a friend of mine used to say that she was just sure cats teleported information to another planet through their bodies. Their love of sitting or lying on newspapers or any type of human information is constant from feline to feline. How wonderful that you have a cat-pal's affection without the labor of cat care.

Friends, I'm seriously considering getting a dog. Not a big dog because as much as I love large dogs I could not be a good Large Dog Mom with so little reliable energy. Perhaps I've lost what's left of my mind but I simply cannot fathom this winter without another warm body and someone to talk to who breathes. I'm thinking poodle-mix but don't know where to begin. The Human Society places all seem to have large beasts; small dogs don't appear to be locally available - and I'm thinking young dog rather than puppy.

My heart is made up. All I need to do is find the right dog, then convince the rest of me it's the thing to do. Or perhaps I'll come to my senses in a week or so.

Hugs to all of you. I'll soon have time to write individual "notes" again...

Marta
  8. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Mrdad....Re Vol 13..oops didn't even think that number 13 might be an issue. Although, Sister Mary Gregory should certainly know better than to be superstitious....hmmmm, shows to go..you never know. Got a kick out of the Erotic vs Kinky....hey you won't find a chicken in my bedroom (I think I just walked into something that might be taken not the way I intended...but I'll leave it alone) I've always been pretty naive (all those nuns, don'tcha know) and have innocently made a comment which within 1 minute of leaving my mouth has caused my face to turn many shades of crimson, leaving me desperately seeking a hole I could jump into. Seems the redder I get, the funnier everyone thinks it is. You think I'd learn.

Speaking of chicken, love your idea of a "Tariyaki" machine for future parties...does it cook and play music, too? Washing paper plates...hey what's wrong with that. See, we were raised to eat every last bite on our plates and if that plate was of the paper variety, it should be wiped and reused, if possible. I know..eeewwww or maybe being a guy you might say YUK!!! Same thing with with plastic cutlery...wash and save. I say, what's the point!!!

Re my "powers" in rearranging Vol 10 after you had posted...hey, I'll never tell (just like that Las Vegas commmercial). But, you must know that after my upbringing, I have witnessed a miracle or two in my lifetime. I thought that Canaan vino miracle was pretty cool, too. I wondered if JC was at the birthday party the other night since that bottle of Chateau that you brought seemed bottomless.

Just want to say that I love the way you weave in and out of conversations here. Mrdad, you are smooooooth.

And last,but not least, my friend Rock, ok so what happened to you, were you hangin' out with that moose again. I waited and waited for you to sous chef for me. My veggies are growing mold waiting for you and your super 10" J.A.Henckle.

We had a "Huckle" once. When we lived in Texas a golden cat used to come visit and loved to sleep in my window flower box. She had the sweetest nature and I sacrificed the flowers because that was where she wanted to be. I think she was pregnant and one day she just disappeared. These little creatures can really touch your heart, can't they. Towel from the laundry basket??..you ol' softy.

I had to laugh about your comment that some Californians thought freezing was zero degrees...I bet there are other people who have never lived in a cold climate think the same. They have no concept.

About my boys and the birthday cakes. It was a kick for me to do it. Don't know if I've ever mentioned that we are a blended family. When Russ and I got married, I was a single mom with an 11-yr old son and he was a single dad with 14-yr and 11-yr sons. I was 33 and thought no mountain was too high for me to climb so I took on all those males. I wasn't sick back then (well, maybe a little)Little ol' girly girl me who didn't have any brothers, just 2 sisters and a dad who never related with us girls in any positive way all of a sudden was surrounded by TESTOSTERONE. Wish I'd known then what I know now (don't we all). Anyway, I tried to be super-mom and baking cakes was just one of the ways I shared my love with them.

So sorry to hear about your son, but, Rock, believe me I know how you feel. I never hear from my boys. They never, ever call me, except for Mother's day, bday, etc. Oh well, I just ask God to bless them and to take the hurt away when my heart feels a twinge. Bless you, hon, hope you have a really good day.

Ok, I'm done now....and back to bed I go.

H&K,

Lolalee

9. rockgor

"You Asked for It".

That was the title of a tv show back in the pioneer days: i.e. the 50s. It was sponsored by Skippy Peanut Butter (the only program I've ever known them to sponsor).

Listeners/viewers would write in and ask to see something and the program would produce it. "I heard that there's a lady in a village called Fishbait who has no teeth and can hold a live eel in her mouth while turning a cartwheel...

And the next thing you knew the lady would be on the program w/ the MC yelling "You asked for it!" While doing this he extended his arm and pointed his finger right at the viewer. Very dramatic.

See what all you young people missed!!!

Lolalee, I am so impressed w/ your organization skills. Going back thru all the posts, etc. I have taken you as my model and am now doing the same thing. This post will be 3 pages long. (See: you asked for it.)

Marta, Happy to hear you are enjoying your visit w/ your son. Good luck w/ getting a suitable puppy. Are they rescue societies in your area? Is there a pound? They might agree to notify you when a small dog shows up.

Sassy, sure we can decorate. And remember, despite the advanced age of some of us, we are never too old to be immature.

10. rockgor

Carla, I loved your chart. I have already forwarded it to Gordon at his office. They need help there. Got a new manager last year. The owner somehow doesn't seem to notice things have gotten worse, not better.

Your chart reminds me of an incident a friend related to me. She has a business and was having computer problems, so she called the people she was paying to handle these things. After several conversations over a period of hours, she was told the problem was fixed.

She had been told that before. She said, "Ok, Half an hour ago you didn't know what the problem was. Now it's fixed?"

"That's right."

"Well, how did you fix it when you didn't know what was wrong?"

"Well...um...we escalated the issue and resolved the problem."

When I was a kid there was something called customer service. Now it's dead as the slide rule.
  11. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

OH Rocky, you just crack me up!!!ROTFL....3 pages..have mercy, please!!!

Lola

12. rockgor

all you nice people, especially MrDad who is asea.

I never sold insurance, Mr. D. I did, however, sell encyclopedias door to door. I was the number one salesman in Madison, Wisconsin.

The secret of my success was that I was 20 but looked about 16. I was so ernest and naive people trusted me and snapped up the bargain I was peddling.

Now that we have the internet, I wonder if anyone ever buys encyclopedias.

Speaking of windex (you were, I wasn't), the next time you get the urge to run around w/o your clothes on, just drink an ounce or so. It prevents streaking.

Thank you for 'splanin' (as Ricky would say) about Kinky. The only Kinky I know is Kinky Friedman, writer, singer, composer and candidate for Governor of Texas.

Jesse Ventura is helping him campaign. For those who do not follow current political events and other silly happenings, Jesse is a former professional wrestler and Governor of Minnesota.

After a career like that, I suppose the only thing left is a TV talk show.
  13. jole

jole Member

I totally missed the party!!! How in the heck did that happen? I was looking forward to it sooooo much, then blink - it's over without me. Sob:(

Isn't that the story of my life though. If I didn't enjoy the moments in life I'd have nothing anymore, cause I sure can't rely on my brain to get me where I want or need to be!!

Did read through Vol 12 and it sounds like it was quite a success. My husband and I used to be pretty darn good at dancing, if I do say so myself. Wish I could go back to those days...can't believe I missed that party!!!

Gotta get out of my funk then I be back.
  14. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hey, hon, don't worry about missing the party. We are just getting started. The holidays are around the corner and you don't think we would miss these opportunities to celebrate on the Porch do you?

Just stay tuned.

Lolalee
  15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Linda: Glad you are home from work now! Saw your goodbye
    this Morning and happy for you that you can still do what
    is so rewarding to you and helpful to others! Ben fairly
    quite today. I've had I don't know how many naps due to
    necessity rather than wanting to. Did get some groc. shop
    ping done, so the Housemates will be happy tonite when
    they open that refer!

Rock: I remember "You Asked for IT" as well as "YOU
    Were There" with E.R.Morril (sp.)? Cigarette and all!
    Crusader Rabbit got us started! Did Gordon survive the
    B'Day party. Guess so ifin' he went to work! Don't know
    where I got the notion that you sold insurance at one
    time(??) Anyway, I don't want any!!

Lola: Ya been doin' so good with the Porch "stuff".
    Sister Gregory is "pleased" with your contribution.
    Can't get her to eat off those paper plates though!
    SMG doesn't do those MSG's in her food either. No won-
    er they live into their 90's !! (Gee, ya thinl maybe
    she's gonna be hangin' around that long?)

Jole and Marta. Glad ya checked in too. Was an odd
    Holiday out there. Stock Exchange open but banks and
    schools closed! What if I needed some cash to buy
    some stock and the bank wasn't open! Maybe tomorrow
    things will be back to "normal".

"Talk" later, "K"?
    MRDAD

16. ckball

ckball New Member

I ain't square and it is a real struggle to make a square.

It has taken me a total of about 6-7 hours in 2 days to cut 12 peices of simple patterned glass.

The problem is that it is special art glass, many combined types and colors mixed. Even the best cutters, people and tools, had trouble cutting it.

I had to change and resize my project on the fly as the glass broke in it's own direction. It is cut and cleaned . Tomorrow I will copper foil that and cut the border and maybe solder. I hope.

I found a new sleep aid. It's called the audio CD that came with my new fangled glass cutting system. You make jigs to be able to cut 100 diamond shapes and each one be perfect. Works for all kinds of geometric shapes- great for making boxes and such.

The guy that explained the book that came with the program had the emotion of a dead slug. This will be a challenge to learn this but I will try.

I asked a question on the board if stained glass is going to be a lost art because of cheap plastic imitations coming from overseas. Sadly most said yes.

It is a luxuary most can't afford these days. I will still make it and see what happens.

Does anyone here live in Atlanta, GA. My boss travels there like once a month for a antique and decorator event.

My goal a while back was to travel to 2 or 3 show within 500 miles from me. I have been told I would do well in Gatlinburg, but have never beem there.

The air is just right to night a full moon above

Mrdad did you do any bird watchin today?

Rock- you should write a book-where do you find this stuff?

Marta- I was a cat person for 20 years but had my first dog with Twila. She picked me, she was one of 2 litters that belonged to my new nieghbors. She was totally different than the other and those blue and blacked marbled eys,well I was hooked.

The first night she slept beside me on the floor beside me, I was living on a air matterss on the floor at the time. I would watch her sleep and she would open her eyes and see me and wag her tail like this is going to be good.

My dogs weigh 25 and Missy may make 40, a little bigger that I had hoped. It is hard on the walking aspect. I have been trying training them to walk with me and not break my arms.

I love both my girls and could not imagine not having them. You'll know the right one when you meet them. Puppyhood is hard so maybe a dog that is still young but gets it about chewing and potty time.

Linda- that is great you teen talks to you, Most of them now are so secreative and it's known of our business. My daughter is going threw this her 15 yo daughter.

Prickles- glad you had a good birthday- we share the same day. Glad your hangin in there-Carla

I think it's beddy time now- sweet dreams to all and the ones on the other side of the world have a great day. CArlaB

17. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Just tip-toein' by the Porch to see if anyone is still awake. Looks like everyone's turned in early tonight. Well, if anyone comes back and cares to look I just loaded a new pic of me and hubby taken at the restaurant yesterday where we celebrated 24 years of marital bliss. Oh that sounded so corny...they weren't all blissful, but they were good and he's definitely a keeper. Good man!!

Good night dear friends,

Lola
  18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

no porch lights on tonight i need to be by myself...if i have it on my ex's all show up...and that always turns out to be too much of a problem.....that i tell them to all go away...

just had dr. appt...today realized i just double booked myself..

still hasseling w/the school to get cody out of his english class...

need to study psychology tonight yet...just read...

then i have to figure out my printer..i will almost double print in one particular space on the printer on a page...then cody end's up getting checked off for spelling error..i need to tell that teacher what the heck is going on..

if i can't figure out the problem or cody...i am taking the printer back to costco and getting a new one..

i made a butterball smoked turkey..for dinner and that was the driest one ever...well the first one was the first butterball i bought...never again..

stove top stuffing...asparagas and then i left the cranberry sauce in the freezer...oh well too much sugar in that stuff any ways./.

good nite to all

jodie
  19. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

You folks have a wild party, and all I got was hiccups. Didn't even drink anything, darn it!!

I haven't really got a whole lot to share with you folks today except to say that you are fun and busy bunch!

Hugs for everyone!!!

Thistle
  20. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just letting you know I am back from Canada. Have not had time to read the posts. Have posted under Rockgor's OT Cromwell post to me for the latest on my brother.

I am going back to Canada maybe tomorrow or Thursday, depending on what my doctor says tomorrow about my latest tests.

I see you have all been whooping it up the minute my back is turned!!! Good on you all!

Love Anne

I guess the next person should start a new thread.[This Message was Edited on 10/10/2006]