The Porchlight Is On Vol 52

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cromwell, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hope I did not cross with AN Other doing this.

I have been trying to catch up reading the posts.

Rock, I think you hurt your back climbing through that window. I know what you mean about clothes, as kids say stuff like "the olden days" when talking about 1975!!! Get well soon.

ISweetie, I am so sorry for all the anguish caused by families etc. I have had so many "friends" let me down, I am reluctant to make more.

I want to answer you all but my brain fog is awful right now. So know I read all your posts and was interested. The cat litter is availabale at supermarkets at around $4 to $4.50 for this huge bag, equal to a 25lb bag of regular yet weighs about 5lbs. We got P and C here to order it for us.

I have been pretty low so have been reading but not posting much. My darn left leg is bothering me again. It seems to do this every November. Plus I just sliced the end of my thumb this morning grinding turkey up for the cats (and BTW Rock TX for the potato pancake recipe-I love these withapple sauce and sour cream. I was planning on trying to do some knitting today too. My hands had been a bit better.

Well guys, this is MY big week as I turn 60 on Thursday. Yikes and Cripes!!! We are going out for icecream. This morning I got several cards and letters from England that cheered me immensely.

Geoff is now in the step down unit as he is breathing on his own with just a little oxygen mask, yet still has infections and cannot eat drink or speak as yet, but we are hoping this will all change soon. Thank you all for caring so much. My poor SIl she is going through so much right now I am in two minds to sublet our house and rent up in Canada if Danny's school continues to be an issue. They do their best but he wants to stay home and has started wetting again. I sometimes despair. Is everyone feeling low. Could it be winter looming or what???

Love Annie Cromwell (I see their is another Annie so my idea of being Annie alone won't work. Any ideas ?)

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Have been reading one of your countrymen, P. G. Wodehouse. Like you he moved to N. America.

Have to go take a nap. It may take a while for the other porchlight to catch up w/ this one. Well, you know what they say: Can't have too much of a good thing.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thanks for doing such a good job of opening the new porch. .........OMG, I guess it would be helpful if I closed the old one!

Sometimes my mind is only a memory.

4. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

I haven't been on in a while and had no idea this topic was moved to a different board!! LOL. I was like "Where did everyone go!?" Silly me!

I am doing fairly well all things considered. I got my new tattoo a week ago, it looks amazing! There is a picture in my profile.

Hubby and I went to Toronto on Friday night to see Jeff Martin in concert. He used to be in the band The Tea Party. This was my 14th time seeing him live. He performs acoustic now with the Toronto Tabla Ensemble. What an awesome show! He is always such a treat to see and a very kind man. I got to meet him in August.

Saturday we went to another concert in town. We saw Chantal Kreviazuk and her husband Raine Maida of Our Lady Peace. Both did a great performance and it was so cute to see them together. :)

Wednesday we are heading back to Toronto to see the musical Chicago. Kevin Richardson, formerly of the Backstreet Boys, is performing in the play. Here comes my pop icon side to the surface. LOL. I loooooooove Kevin so much, it really isn't funny. Looking forward to this performance.

Does anyone here watch Prison Break? I recently rented the first season and am so hooked!!! Hubby and I watched all the episodes in under a week and have downloaded season 2 so far. Looking forward to the new episode tonight. That Wentworth Miller has captured my heart. ;)

I hope everything is good with all of you. I head back to my dr. on Friday for a check up. Will let you know how things go.

take care,
  5. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I just need to sit on the porch and rest a while.I've been planting those tulip bulbs and I am so sore and in pain.

So ask me why do you do it Dianne? Because I always wanted tulips and I always got roses or other flowers that lasted a few days.With tulips I can share them with all that travel my road to my house.

I can take bouquets of them to friends. Oprah had 50,000 planted one year and I am determined to have some too.

For years I begged hubby to buy me tulip bulbs to no avail.
    Finally when we parted company and I was making my own money I bought my own and fell in love with them.

Anyone else like me and can't sit on the porch with out just thinking of all the things you want to do or could be doing. I really believe that if I don't have something planned i will run out of can do time and won't be able to do it anymore.

It is so hard for me to just relax.

I love the porch, especially sunrises and sunsets. Hot coffee or chocolate and something deliciously sweet and gooey.

Any one got ant old time stories they want to share?

Forgive me for not being able to respond to all one on one. I just read, but can't retain who said what.LOL

6. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Thanks for the new porch Annie - I love the name Annie. I actually was going to name one daughter Anna and the other Celia after grandmothers but then they turned out to be boys and I guess I'm glad I didn't name 'em that.

Hi Marta, the Carlas, Rock, Sweetie, Jodie,Granny and everyone else.

We saw a few flakes of real live snow today and the kids were sooooo excited! It's a once or twice a year occassion here; usually people either run to the store and buy a months worth of supplies, or, like my mom, utterly refuse to drive even when the only visible snow is what is falling. You never know when it might start sticking you know!
    Maybe Joe saw it before he left - it's probably even rarer in S.F.

Whoo - looking at those mangled sentences I think I should go to bed. How'd it get to be eleven anyway?

7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

the only flakes we have here in novato are the ones you want to

i have been studying some for psychology quiz on thursday.

tomarrow i have to do my math homework.

the semester is winding down. thank goodness.

then i get the old elbow surgery 12/27.

so now i smoked my last ciggerette. hopefully forever.

i just want to clear out my lungs some. then when i get healed up hopefully i can go back in full swing of weight training workout. that would be nice. but time will tell.

annie c. i am sorry about danny. it must be difficult on you. hugs to you. it sounds like a long road of recover for geoff ahead of him. atleast he is getting better. but never fast enough for the loved ones.

hi marta, sweetie1,grannylusu,ckball, and rockgor.

nothing special on my porch no xmas lights. i don't think i will bother. cody is supposed to be w/his dad 12/22-25.
    then i have my surgery. on the 27th.

well gonna go read some more interesting things about memory. flashbulb, short term, working, and long term.

i know it's a little boring to some but really quite interesting. i believe i get my grade back on my term paper.

praying for an A.

8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The porch is very quiet this time of night. No sound but crickets and moonlight falling on everything. Glad the porch is away from the city. We can see the stars.

MrDad outta be back in a day or two. I bet he'll have spicy tales of his visit to Oregano, Carla nl.

Congratulations on the upcoming b-day, Annie. One of the pluses of being older is that most of life's struggles are now in the past. We no longer have to wrestle w/ big questions like school, line of work, whom to marry, basic beliefs, etc.

"My mind is only a memory." Very well put, Marta. Most of us could use that as a motto. Make a great refrigerator magnet.

Carla, are you going to do all that renovating and decorating yourself? Sounds like too much for a healthy person. Hope you feel better.

Great tattoo, Bekah. Looks like hibiscus flowers to me. We have lots of them here in CA. (All my tattoos are black.)

My brother in Portland told me they only get snow every few years. Maybe you have more in Willamette, Gretchen. Does the snow last or is it all gone in a couple days?

Just woke up from a long nap before I stopped at the porch. Guess I'll sit out here for a while. Good thing the temperature is always perfect on the porch.

9. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I was scouting for new reads when I came upon this customer review The Adventures of Augie March:

"If you have the time and patience, I highly recommend this novel. It's a bit tedious, but you'll soon forget." :)

Nice to see you here, Luxuria.
    (( )) Shannon
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

After reading all the posts and taking notes that I can't read when I need them I always wonder what the post count is. Oh well...

Annie, I can't remember if I wished you a happy birthday or not. It's here on my notepad. Happy Happy Happy. I might even remember it again on Thursday.

Carla NL, so good to see you and to know that you're feeling better. Nevertheless, that's quite a lot of work you're talking about. Too bad Jerome can't help you but he refuses to work anywhere but the Porch.

Bekah, wow! that's some tatoo! Yes, we moved but you'll notice we had the Lodge and the porch duplicated so you can hardly tell the difference. Your chair is right over there beside Jodie's.

Dianne, good job with the tulip bulbs. I did a few, did you notice? With that many I don't suppose my three helped a whole lot. You'll enjoy them so much in the spring. Yes, I also find it hard to relax, until I fall onto my bed in a near-stupor.

Gretchen, we had one freak snowstorm very early and then got back to lovely fall weather. You live in a beautiful part of the country. I want to visit there someday.

Jodie, you certainly deserve an A on that term paper. And congratulations on quitting smoking! I did that years ago with the help of the nicotine gum which I occasionally chewed long after I'd quit, anytime I got the urge to light up.

Shannon, I laughed at the quote. They did a great job of criticizing without quiiiiite offending! That should get the prize for tact.

I'm taking it easy today but tomorrow I need to begin making sure things are in place for Christmas. I haven't been able to get in the mood to decorate but I must get at it because I need to take my time doing it. Like one thing a day. When I read about everything some of the rest of you do, I have trouble not comparing my own snail's pace. I do a lot in my head though! lol

Hugs all around the Porch,
  11. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Remember me!! It's Lola. I've missed you all so much. As you know, I've been in a baaaaaad flare for months. Well, I was blessed with a couple of decent days around Thanksgiving and I made a yummy sweet potato casserole and cranberry relish and had a wonderful dinner at the home of dear friends. I crashed afterwards, but it was worth it.

To be honest, I'm not able to keep up with the board now that ProHealth has separated the groups. My brain gets all fuzzy and confused and then comes the stress and pain.

I'm so glad to see the old gang is still hanging around the Porch. I don't know how often I'll be able to come by. I can't keep up with y'all. I just wanted to say hi and hope you are all planning to have a gentle and peaceful Christmas.

12. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Thanks for the compliments on the tattoo. :) I wanted to get a design that would forever picture my honeymoon and time we spent in Maui. I think this one did it perfectly. I am so pleased with it :)

13. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hello, friends,

I'm not writing much because I'm in a huge funk but I wanted to say good evening.

So good to see Lola. I know what you mean by keeping up, Lola. I've had the same thought a time or two, then I miss everyone too much to stay away. We do think of you fondly and you can see, we keep your chair dusted off just in case you can stop in. I wish you a blessed holiday too.

Bekah, Maui, no wonder you wanted to memorialize it! That's a huge tatoo. Didn't it hurt??

14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE !! So, you are turning the big 60 ?? Well, don't feel badly . Your are only as young or old as you feel and in my case I think I feel like 100 but I try not to show or act it. Sometimes it is alot easier than other times. I just turned 66 in Oct. and that was scary enough -groan !!!

Maybe we should have a party but I will have to be leaving soon again so I can't start one. Otherwise I would even sing and dance for you.

So glad to see all you familiar names and faces on the board. I know what you mean Lola about trying to keep up. I love this board but I have been so busy and now worse with the Christmas season. Actually, if I get through the next 3 weeks or so I might have it made.

Hi to Rock, Marta, Sweetie Dianne, Carlas, etc. No offense please if I forgot your name. DH is calling for me and we both have to leave soon for different places, choir practice for me.

Sorry to hit and run and HAPPY BIRTHDAY again to you Annie !!

I to love the name, that was my mom's name and some of my girls have that as a middle name.

Toddles for now.

Warm hugs to all,

Marilyn (granni)
  15. gilley

gilley New Member

Thanksgiving was a great treat. I have been trying to lose weight, but decided to eat the healthy food and just nibble on the desserts. I will bring leftover pie and some hot choc. to the porch later.

Dianne - Thank you for the tulip reminder. I love them. Last few years the rabbits ate the flower. This year someone told me to put human hair around the stem and they didn't bother them.
    Rockor - Hope the back is better. I wonder if there is an online burglar tool shop. Next time you can just pick the lock and save yourself the back injury. I am glad you found comfort watching the stars.
    Cromwell - How is the thumb? Several years ago I cut the tip of one of my fingers cutting potatoes. Went to the ER but they were too busy , so I just let it heal on it's own. I wouldn't reccommend doing it my way, but, if I ever was upset enough to give someone the finger, I do it with my unsightly scarred finger.
    Carla - I take singulair for my asthma. Since I have been taking it with my other asthma drugs I haven't had as many asthma attacks.
    Annie C - Happy 60th if I'm not on the porch thursday!!!!
  16. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

This will be short but I wanted to stop in and say hello to all. I was especially happy to see some of our missing friends.

Today was the first day of the mold remdiation cleanup. What a mess this is going to be. It has my sensory overload issues in overdrive. They have to run machines called air scrubbers to hopefully catch any mold spores that may escape from the bonus room. They are so loud. It is strange to see people that look like they are dressed like astronaunts in your home. I am definelty brain is mush.

Hopefully I will be able to visit again soon.
  17. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i still don't know what my term paper grade is yet. darn.

but i did finally find out i recieved a 98% on my last two chapter test. yipee. i pray for an A in the class. really enjoy this teacher.

well need to go do my math then study some for psychology quiz for thursday. i am sort of caught in a rock and a hard place on a couple of things right now.

cody has fall sports award night tomarrow night. it is boring as heck. sitting in gymnasium bleachers. it's about 2 hours long.

then the exhb. has me p.o'd right now. he told me his parents wanted him to bring cody to las vegas i believe the 17th-the 22 of decemember. of which cody has school till the 22nd. secondly, it is looking like they may have a very good chance to make it to the high school bowl game in L.A, on 12/16.

his dad said to me. oh i guess j.d., his friend, and he will rent a car and do a road trip to go watch cody play then leave to go to las vegas. well problem here is. it is his dad's weekend for cody. when do i get a break?

then i would've thought he would've mentioned about asking me to ride along. but i guess that isn't what he was thinking.

so i guess i will do it on my own. i will either stay here in northern california. or maybe ride along w/someone. or just plain old get a airplane ticket.

i still dont know what the plan is if they go there to play. is the school putting them up in a hotel room for the night. or making the go for a long ride and sleep on the bus.

plus all the kids have finals on monday.

i will see what happens.

i called his father last night. and all he said was well you said i cant take cody. i said what are doing about getting him to l.a.? no answer.

i think i see the writing on the wall, again. i will be the one to take the action and foot the bill.

18. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

I sit fairly well for tattoos. This was my 10th one. It took nearly 4 hours to complete but I seem to tolerate the "pain" a lot better than most. It is certainly nothing compared to FM pain! ;) Since it is on my shoulder that is a more "meaty" area as my artist said compared to the ones I have by my collar bone and at the base of my neck. The closer to bone (or directly on bone!) the more they hurt. :)

19. bmadan

bmadan New Member

It looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with everyone. Hope all is well. Wish me luck, I am on my way to the dentist to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed.

20. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm increasing concerned that MRDAD is in danger of be-

coming an AWOL from his duties soon. I shall allow him

until 1800 hours today to report to my office. If he

has not returned from his "Holiday" at that time, I shall

be compelled to add a demeritous notation to his file.

That's all,

SISTER MARY GREGORY (S.M.), (A.F.L.& C.I.O.),(A.M.&F.M.)