The Porchlight No 928 Oct. 16, 2016 IS CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Oct 16, 2016.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kids

Pull up a rocker or a glider or a bean bag chair; a bale of hay; whatever is
    handy. C'mon in.

Today was laundry day. That's all the news around here. Oh, Gordon saw
    a big lizard in the garden. A foot long. Probably one of those alligator
    lizards that live around here. We see little ones every now and then. And
    then there was the one I found in the house a year or two ago.

It was coming down the stairs as I was going up. I picked it up
    to take it outside and the ungrateful wretch bit me. Unlike the monitor
    lizards in Africa and Australia it didn't have big enough teeth to inflict
    any real damage. First time one of the little rascals ever bit me though.

Star, we use gander here to mean a look also. Although maybe only we
    old folks remember that usage. What the heck is a vanilla slice? Something
    to do with golf?

The new poster is Bre. You can read her posts on the Fibro board. See
    "Trying My Best...." I hope she drops in. She has a sense of humor, and
    I like her writing style.

With regard to my son's book report, I figured it didn't matter if he read
    the info on line, in a book, etc. The main thing was he read something,
    and put together a report. It also provided a bonding moment with
    Dad and the fun of playing a trick on the school/teacher.

Julie, one has to wonder about that buzz saw. Perhaps your comments
    put a bee in someone's bonnet. Are you all through mowing for the
    season. Do you have any crops to bring in?

Granni, that's a shame about your confused daughter. Is she in a facility
    now? Is that where you can e mail her? It's really hard to help people
    who refuse to be helped.

Saw a documentary about that several years ago. Many of the patients
    were schizophrenic. The pills would calm them down, but then they
    would stop taking them. Either because they thought they were cured,
    or because the pills made them feel funny. Like they really weren't
    themselves. Or everything seemed fuzzy, etc.

Springwater, today was laundry day here. I was telling Gordon it
    was a shame you weren't here to help. HaHa! Gordon has to do
    most of the work now since my back won't let me carry anything
    except when doing arithmetic. I used to be able to do it in my head.
    Can't do that anymore. Good thing I don't need to.

Hope you and the family and the dogs are all OK. I saw a couple of
    families on Youtube this morning. One has several Kodiak bears for
    pets. The other has tigers. Yumpin' Yimminee! Nothing like having
    pets around the house who could kill you with one swipe of a paw. Uff-da!

Mikie, Did you say you felt regenerated? Or was that what you were hoping
    for? I'm getting tired. Can't remember what I read. I wonder about that
    lizard Gordon saw in the garden. Wonder if it's the kind that can regenerate
    a tail.

Have you finished reading Seven Eaves? Did it take 7 days? Did you
    sip 7 Up during the process? When I was a kid my mother gave us
    7Up as a tummy ache remedy. I wonder where she got that idea.
    OK, just looked it up. "It’s been a popular folk remedy for upset stomachs
    since it first came on the market in the 1920's." Well, now we know.

Sun, we have lots of hummers here in LA. I've never seen any babies
    though. Well, just in nature programs. I read not too long ago that
    hummers like to make their nest in the wild near a hawk nest. The
    hawks ignore the hummers and keep some other predators away.

Yes, stamps are expensive. They were 1 cent and 3 cents when I was
    young. I thought they'd always be that amount. But even today's
    stamp are a big bargain compared to the Pony Express rates when
    it started in 1860 Five bucks for a half oz. letter. Got down to
    a buck later.

Five bucks back then would buy an acre of land in the wild west.
    Or pay for a month's room and board for two. And some sites say $5
    had the buying power of $130 to $150 today. I'd be thrilled (and
    astonished) if prices went back to what I remember in the 1970s.

Hope your shoulder gets better. Have you tried making your own
    cream yet?

Barry, Gordon says to tell you he's reading a new author you might
    like. Eleanor Kuhns. Historical novels with intricate plots. Not cozy.
    Regards to Richard and Shorty.

Hugs to Diane, GB, et. al.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Starlight74, Mikie and gb66 like this.
  2. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Rock, for the new volume. I've been surfing the net and just stopped by here before going to bed. (Got started on a facebook post about nurse mare foals...and the places that rescue them.)

Tomorrow is supposed to be very warm (89 degrees) and I do need to mow again...I dropped the ball on the yard these past couple of weeks since I didn't feel well. I didn't have a garden this year, but the farmers will be combining the soybeans soon. I will also have several loads of laundry to hang out, so it will be a busy day.

Will check in when I get a chance...Hi to everyone! Hope your week goes well.
    rockgor likes this.
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Granni: I'm so sorry for you and your family, for all the pain and stress your DD has put you thru. I know the heartache from a wayward child, not knowing when the other shoe will drop. You want to help but can't, and the stress is a killer. Years ago my son had a girlfriend whose brother had bi polar.....he didn't like the feeling of taking the drugs to help him so he just lived on the street. She said that occasionally he would show up at home, take a shower, eat a sandwich then would be gone for months at a time. Her mother was bi polar but was able to take her meds. and live normally.

I was sorry that my son and girlfriend broke up.....I really liked her......but our family seems to have it's own problems inherited I'm sure from my mom's side, and I often thought that if the two had married what their offspring might have gone thru.

Rock: thanks for starting us up. No, haven't made the muscle cream and last night I received an email from the little company that I had given up on. Apparently he was out of town for a month and asked me to call him today and place the order.

Star: Yes, the techni ice is reusable. And I saw a pic where you can partially cut into a sheet of it, so it makes like a shoulder/neck thing. I'm hoping it will stay cold longer or hold heat longer than my gel packs and rice socks. It comes from Australia so you might find it for less $ there. I've order 3 sheets. It's my understand it's a type of dry ice that you drop into warm water, then scrunch it up then kinda squeeze to get a little water out then freeze it.

Yesterday I was invited to go with my family to some museum....any museum it seems, so we were at first heading for the natural history museum in LA so my DGD could see dinosaurs. But we were hungry and needed lunch so where to eat? Around the museum there would be next to nothing and it's not a great area either, so we decided to head to the LaBrea Tar pits, and find a place near there. DD said we would go to The Grove. First time I had ever been there. It's a huge chi chi shopping mall next to the old Farmers Market. Remember that market that everyone took visiting family to see? It's still there but overshadowed by The Grove. So with that said the plan was now to go SHOP and EAT instead of looking at dinosaurs.

Ate at a really nice italian restaurant, Maggiore or something like that.....then window shop. And there is an American Girl doll store there. OMG OMG.....Mattel has really hit it big with these dolls. This is a huge two story shop complete with a beauty shop for your doll to get her hair redone, and a cafe where you can sit and eat goodies with your doll. The dolls are very expensive, and the clothes run about $35 each plus. And apparently this friday an American Girl movie is coming out on Amazon. Honestly, I walked around this store with my mouth hanging open, thinking how nice it would be to be 8 again and have parents who had $$$$ to buy for me. Soooo many mother/daughter "teams" BUYING. There sure is no shortage of rich families in this area.

On saturday my DD and SIL had to be somewhere for dinner so it was up to me to go to my DGDs soccer game then bring grandkids back home. DGD was really playing good, I find she does better in the cooler weather, then we ordered pizza and picked it up on the way home.

Yes, my shoulder is still killing me. In fact I'm up to eat a snack so I can take that one med. and hope to be able to sleep more after it kicks in.
    Starlight74, Mikie and rockgor like this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Morning, Porchies,

Got nothing done yesterday but that's not unusual for a Sunday. I was very tired and had some pretty bad FMS pain which is unusual for me. I also had a bad headache. Whine, whine, whine. I will go over to the pool later this morning. My legs are starting to shape up from working out. I need to stop in and see the kids downstairs. I should have done it yesterday but I have to put myself first.

Rock, thanks for opening up a new Porch. Sometimes things don't work on this website and I was unable to close out the title of the last one. I'll try again in a few minutes. One of the lizards I once threw out lost his tail on a big plant leaf. The tail continued to twitch for hours. It was sooooo creepy! Seven Eves takes time when the author gets into describing the various parts of the communities which have been established on the big piece of the moon that was left after the explosion. They also built communities in space and it all orbits what they call Old Earth. This guy has some imagination. Many things are made with microfiber. It is polyester on steroids. The fabric resists stains and is very resistant to wear and tear. Great for kids and pets. I have always loved seeing those fancy schmancy doll houses but never had any desire to play with one in my yute. I think one of my friends had one made of tin with the rooms printed on the metal walls. We all had a lot of those tin toys which are worth a small fortune now. Hope you get Fanny's new book.

Sun, good thing you are flexible when you plan something. I've driven by the tar pits but never stopped. I've been to the Farmer's Market and it was amazing. That was many moons ago. Glad you had a good time with the GK's but so sorry to find you still suffering so much pain. I hope you feel better.

Spring, that cottage cheese spinach curry sounds really good. Do you sometimes make your own? I'd like to know how to make it. I'm glad you dance when the spirit strikes. I do that too and it gets Sir Vester all goosed up. He streaks around and runs under his little bottle brush arch. Then, he looks up at me with one of his silly adorable looks. He was awful yesterday; don't know what got into him. He scratched the loveseat arm, drank out of my water glass and bit me on the toe. I've been giving him the silent treatment. That usually works when he gets ornery. I do continue to work with the light. I find it especially good for when I am going to sleep. I picture it protecting me as I drift off. Barb's kids should be leaving soon. It's good you are keeping up with the repairs on your home. They can drive a person nuts if allowed to pile up.

Granni, I think it's wise not to keep up the e-mails with DD. I know how horribly upsetting this has been for everyone. It is futile to try to figure out logically what is going on with someone whose reality is so skewed. It would only make things worse. It's good you told her you love her and I hope that is the message she hangs on to. We went through this with my DD when she was anorexic and suicidal. We couldn't understand how she could look in the mirror when she weighed only 74 pounds and think she was fat. It did defy logic. What we had to learn is that truth and logic have nothing to do with mental conditions. She looks back now and doesn't understand how she could have done all that. I continue to pray for you and yours.

Julie, I'm so sorry this drama continues for you. Be careful what you put in writing to her. She and her BF might be the kind to sue for libel. I don't think anything is beneath her in her constant anger and ranting. It'll be good when Den is finished removing his things. I hope Amy and the kids got home OK. Don't overdo things out in that heat. We will start dropping into the mid- to low-80's this week. Nighttime temps will drop too. Thank God! I'm ready for nicer weather.

Star, your cake sounds really cute. I wasn't referring to a cake. There was a pop artist who painted blue dogs and they were everywhere, at least, here. They were simple but caught people's fancy. I think there were red ones too. Or, I could just be delusional. Good luck with the cake.

Hope I didn't miss anydobby. I had to try to respond to the posts on the last Porch. I keep posting and coming back to edit to try to avoid losing my posts. Sir Vester is nagging at me so I gave him some love. Perhaps his ornery spell yesterday can be attributed to the full moon. Hope all y'all have a great day.

Love, Mikie
    Starlight74 likes this.
  5. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone! I'm ready to start a busy day. Wondering now if I didn't have a virus or something since I am feeling so much better than I did. Still going to keep my appts. for labs (thyroid, etc.) tomorrow and echo/cardio appt. on Friday. Hope if there is truly something wrong, that the tests will show it.

Sun, what a wonderful grandma you are! I am like your DGD...I do much better when it's not so hot, too.

Mikie, silly Sir Vester! Yes, I do believe the moon affects our energy and behavior. I try to remember to be careful when texting sis. I usually only communicate with her when necessary...actually, I have the attorney do it, if at all possible. But she told Den I took this tub and I found it far, everything she has complained about with us has been proven to be false. And the missing saw situation was just so obvious. I have everything documented, so there shouldn't be any questions if we do have to actually go to court.

I'm sure they are cooking up lots of things to bring up, but the attorney is pretty savvy and I feel pretty good that he would do a good job at representing the estate...which I am currently in charge of.

I'd better get off the computer...the first load of laundry is almost done. Sent an email to Keira so she will read it when she gets to school. She said they can use their little computers whenever they have free time.

Amy looked very rested and relaxed when she and Miley left yesterday. I had cooked extra food Friday evening before they got here (chili, Stouffer's lasagna, sausage gravy with "tube" biscuits, homemade chicken pot pie, and had fixed two pounds of ground beef into taco meat. And I cut up some carrots, broccoli and cauliflower so they will have fresh veggies to munch on.) I kept some of everything here and it will help me this week, too. I did make taco salad for lunch yesterday, but I think she is going to use hers for regular tacos.

Miley must have said, "Grandma" several hundred times, lol! It almost got funny...Amy said maybe she just liked saying that word as she doesn't really have any other grandmas in her life. She calls Amy by her first name, and she calls Clinton "Papa". She did talk to Grandpa Dennis, but mostly it was, "Grandma, can you help me" or "Grandma, look at this!" That helped Amy rest too...not to be "on duty"...although Clinton does so much more than lots of dads/papas would ever do. They make a pretty good team.

"Hi" to everyone...take care!

6. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Checking in again.

I feel like throwing this new laptop out the back window to smash on the driveway! Can you feel my frustration.

I'm getting more error messages or warning messages than ever. I can't even post a pic on PH. Basically I can send emails, post on PH (nothing fancy -- no videos or pics etc), and play a couple games. That's it.

This morning I had a message that my computer was susceptible to hacking, phishing, viruses, etc! And Kevin set up all our virus protections on Saturday.

It might be a while before I get back to y'all. I just want to sit on my couch and read my book, and, of course, POUT. :mad:

Y'all take care. I'll be back ............. whenever ??????

Diane :(
    gb66, bct and rockgor like this.
  7. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Oh no, Diane!!!! I was so in hopes that a new laptop would solve all your computer problems. Drats! :mad::( Maybe it just needs a few tweaks? I do get messages sometimes on our computer, and it won't let me out of certain screens. It says to call a "help" number, but Den says not will get our info and cause more problems. Hang in there...we'll be waiting to hear back from you.
    ConfusedInPA likes this.
  8. ConfusedInPA

Well, Kevin says it will take him until Saturday to work on the laptop. (another problem I'm experiencing is that the computer is running at the speed of molasses in January.)

Whining helps, thanks y'all for listening to me. I just want to take my old laptop and plug it back in --- but that wouldn't work since Kevin disabled the virus protection for the old 'puter. :(

Life goes on. We all have other bigger more pressing issues to deal with. But I got so used to being on the computer and especially here on PH. Who would think that buying a new laptop could cause all these problems!?

I will say that this runs on Windows 10. I DO NOT LIKE WINDOWS 10.

We'll see what happens............

Oh, and Julie, don't call those numbers or agree to pay "ransom" for malware, etc. That will cause more problems.

Later friends, DIANE
    Starlight74, bct and lydia1 like this.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Kids,

I feel soooo sick. Don't know what's wrong. My ears are ringing and I feel nauseated and lightheaded. I am having back pain and foamy urine so it might still be my kidneys. I was fine when I went over to the pool. I did my 30 mins., including the three high intensity reps to ramp up the intensity of my workout. My friend, Judy, came over so we stayed another 30 mins. and I walked back and forth with her while we chatted. Maybe it's just the extra time out in the sun; I don't know. In any case, I got the 'lie down or fall down' symptom so took a nap. I met a new neighbor who lives in the next bldg. She seems so nice.

The kids downstairs had their blinds shut so I didn't stop in on my way home from the pool. Barb's DD and SIL were coming down the stairs when I came home. They were going over to the pool. I said hi to them and they were civil. I'm glad of that. Joe ran into them and asked how Barb is doing. He told her DD that he doesn't talk to her mother much because it's better for his blood pressure and hers this way. They know what Barb is like but it must be hard to hear it from her former friends.

It's such a waste of a good hair day to just lie around like this. Despite looking good, my hair continues to be very dry. I think I'll end up doing a deep oil treatment on it. It's been like this ever since I had the anesthesia.

Julie, You guys are all God sends for Miley. She must be thriving in such a loving family. To have a grandma must be so precious for her. I'm glad you are feeling better but also glad you will keep the appts. Sir Vester has been very contrite and loving today. Still don't know what got into him but the full moon is as good a guess as anything else I can think of. Hope you keep feeling well.

Wow, Diane, I can certainly empathize with what you are going through with the new laptop. I upgraded my old laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I really like it. It's that &#$%&*@ Surface that I hate. It's supposed to be a really nice laptop/tablet but it's just a royal pain in the patoot to use. I bought it with the idea of switching to it from this one but I'm hanging on to this one as long as I can. If I do buy another laptop, I think I'll get the cheapest HP I can find. I hope Kevin can help. Don't give up on Windows 10 yet. It took me a while to feel comfortable with it. It's better than Windows 8.1 which is on the Surface. It isn't Windows which is the problem. It's the Surface's lousy keyboard which, BTW, I paid extra to upgrade. It's sooo squirrely that it won't stay on task but keeps losing whatever I'm working on. GRRR!!! :mad:

I haven't read the paper online and don't think I will. I'm just not up to it. My allergies are really bad so this might be Red Tide. I'm off to take an allergy pill. I hope everydobby else feels better than I do.

Love, Mikie
  10. rockgor

Hi Kids

Seems like many of us are having a bad day. Well, this is a good place to
    vent. My day has been uneventful thus far. That's because I've been asleep
    for most of it.

But yesterday wasn't so hot. I got food piz-zened. That's the way my uncle
    pronounced it. I think the culprit was the usual suspect: mayonnaise.
    The mayonnaise in question came from the fridge in the back porch; not
    the one in the kitchen. And even tho it had not reached the expiration date
    and looked OK and tasted fine, I dunno what else could have cause the problem.

So I told Gordon. Said I threw out the mayo. He told me I would have to
    replace it cause that jar belonged to his brother Lump Lump. I was so
    mad. I said I'm saving him from being poisoned. Went and fished the mayo
    outta the trash and put it back in the fridge. I already contribute to his
    support. I will not voluntarily pay one extra dime. So there! I can't call
    his a bum 'cause he is employed, but he sure is a nonentity when it comes
    to doing any chores around the house. He's younger and healthier than I.
    Why should I take care of him! Makes me mad to think about it.

Gordon just got back from the library. One of the books he picked up has
    proverbs from around the world. Here's a small sampling.

Italian: Only a pumpkin is a head without cares.
    Tibetan: Words are mere bubbles of water, but deeds are drops of gold.

Burmese: A centipede doesn't stop for a game leg.
    Chinese: He is truly a superior man who can look upon a game of chess
    in silence.

Yup, Diane, I can feel your frustration. It's so disappointing to buy
    something and find it doesn't work. With all our sophisticated technology
    shouldn't products be better than they used to be? You see the article
    in the news yesterday about the ships in our navy that cost billions and
    still don't work right? Incompetence seems to be rampant nowadays.

Just read an essay by some gal who was described as a writer who
    majored in Literature and has a degree from somewhere. The
    article is about "ghosting" but she never bothers to define the term.
    Or maybe she did and the editors condensed the piece to leave more
    room for ads.

Mikie, sorry to hear you're having a bad day with multiple problems.
    You work so hard doing your exercises and seeing the docs and managing
    your diet and your pills, it's a shame the results are so skimpy. I hope
    you feel much better pronto.

Julie, happy to hear you're feeling better. Good luck with those tests.
    The stuff you cook sounds wonderful. Brings back memories of my
    yute. Seems like all the moms and church ladies and relatives were
    great cooks back then.

Sun, I've been to the LaBrea Tar Pits and Farmers Market several times.
    The Market was right next to CBS. Had not heard about a shopping mall
    in the area. Pic of the tar pits below, Kids. The building in the background
    is the museum. Inside you can see technicians working with fossils, cleaning
    and chipping away. Lots of skulls of saber tooth cats and dire wolves. "Brea"
    BTW is Spanish for tar.

Gordon and I used to work on the same street: Wilshire Blvd. We were a
    couple miles to the East. For 3 years we worked in the same building, but
    never met.* Well, it was the tallest building on Wilshire Boulevard. Had
    a population 3 times as large as the village where I grew up. Wilshire
    Blvd has been a major artery in LA since the beginning. Runs from
    downtown to the the Pacific Ocean: 16 miles.

*We later bridged the gap at a bridge game and have been partners
    ever since. George Burns was reportedly an excellent bridge player.
    Played regularly at the Hillside Country Club right up till he died at
    age 100. I quit at 60. Couldn't remember the cards anymore. C'est
    la vie as Omar Sharif might have said. Sharif was an expert bridge
    player and spoke French and 4-5 other languages.

Starlight74 and Mikie like this.
  11. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Good evening! I'm so sorry about all the problems, and pain/fatigue, etc. I almost feel bad saying that I feel good...I sure wish I knew what was going on when I felt so rough. I think it started in August, and went downhill from there...stress from dealing with ?, mold (and whatever else) exposure from getting things out of Gpa's shop, lifting too many things that were really too heavy for me, etc., etc. I was okay after Lorraine was here, but just felt it would be too much to have the twins immediately after that.

One thing is that the ER doc had me increase one of my BP BP has been staying lower...maybe that's all it was. Might not ever know? Anyway.....

Mikie, I'm so sorry you are feeling so's always so frustrating when I start out doing great, then crash before the day is over. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Rock, that is so interesting that you and Gordon worked near each other for so long, but never met. Lindsey and David actually saw each other a year or so before they actually met...our youth from church stopped by his church as they were on their way to do some mission work even farther south. It happened to be a night that there was a church service...they may have even spoken to each other, but just in passing.

Gotta go...will finish this later. Den is ready for Netflix.
    rockgor likes this.
  12. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Well...sorry to dash off...Den's friend, Fred was here after work. The guys were outside quite awhile and I finally started heating up lasagna, figuring Fred would soon leave and Den would be in for supper. But they both ended up coming in...Fred loves my chili, so I heated up some of that for him, lol! Then when Fred left, Den jumped in the shower so we could still have our hour of TV before he went to bed.

I forgot to mention what happened to Josiah (Lindsey's two year old) this morning. He had his finger in the door when Lorraine slammed the door shut...his hand was towards the inside, where the hinges are. Nearly severed his finger from the middle of the was hanging on by just a small piece of skin. Took five stitches in the is fractured also. Lorraine felt so bad, but they all have a habit of slamming doors. Mommy said if she hears the door slam again, she will take it off the hinges.

I've got a bit of paperwork to do yet tonight, so I can drop it off to the attorney tomorrow. Getting closer...

Feeling tired tonight...I hung out four loads of laundry today, and mowed the whole yard. Finally timed it...takes five hours.

Hope everyone is doing fairly well...and if not...hope tomorrow is better.

Starlight74 likes this.
  13. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

julie: I was going to bed and stopped by and read this. Poor little guy!!!!! 5 stitches is a lot for a tiny hand. And poor mommie too. I'm sure Lorraine has learned a very important lesson about slamming doors.

When I was in HS my mom was trying to give my brother a haircut with barber clippers......she didn't know anything about them! He had a flat top and ended up with basically a butch as she was trying to get it even. I took a look, had my hand on the door jam and made a mistake to laugh. My brother slammed my finger in the door, took the nail almost off, I fainted! So when I came to my mom took me to the doctor who clipped off the nail, and that was the end of my archery class for months.
  14. rockgor

Hi Kids

Went to sleep. Dunno how long I slept. Ten minutes; half an hour? Anyhoo I
    am up again. Will probably be up all night. Not that it matters too much.

Julie, that's awful news about poor Josiah. Hopefully he will have no disability
    and only a faint scar and a faint memory when he's grown up. My mother was
    an odd mixture of good and bad points. But one thing she was alert about was
    avoiding accidents. Frequent warnings about doors and fans and stairs
    and the stove. "Never leave a pot on the stove with the handle sticking out where
    someone could bump into it." Ha Ha. Gordon does that all the time.

Sun, that's too bad that you had to bow out of your archery class. I guess there
    was no resulting disability to hinder your art work. I had a college roommate
    who worked at his father's gas station. One day he was cleaning a windshield
    (remember the dark ages when that went on?) and he had one arm sorta
    draped over the car roof. Someone slammed the car door with his hand
    in the way. Ouch! He was also an artist. Eventually lived in Greenwich Village.

All for now

Oh, here's the denouement on the mayonnaise saga. Gordon said to me tonight,
    "You know that mayonnaise you threw out." I said, "I dug it outta the garbage
    can and put it back in the refrigerator." He said, "I'm gonna throw it out."
    Ai yi yi!
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Morning, Kids,

I'm up and feeling better 'cept for the pain on the left side where my kidney resides. If this keeps up, I'm gonna call the doc to see whether I should get an x-ray in case the stones on the left side have decided to descend. I'm wearing my TENS unit. I hope I continue to feel halfway decent throughout the day. I still haven't seen the kids downstairs. I'd like to make a run to Costco.

Julie, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I also wondered whether digging around in all that stuff might have triggered something. I'm glad you've moved one step closer to getting the estate settled. Poor little Josiah. I hope his finger heals fast. My Mom shut my hand in the car door when I was about four. I started screaming for her to open it but she hesitated a minute. Later she told me that she was afraid if she opened the door, my hand would fall off. We laughed about that later. I suffered no lasting effects. Evidently there was enough room in the door jamb that my soft little hand wasn't injured. I hope you keep feeling better.

Rock, my ex and I figured out all the places we had to have run into one another for years before we met. He graduated the year before I entered high school so we never ran into each other at school. We had the same eye doc and did visual training at the same time and we hung out at the roller skating rink every weekend. Strange how life works. Makes me wonder about fate and fulfilling one's Dharma (raison d'etre). Sorry for your mayonnaise mishap. Be glad Gordon's bro doesn't contribute more; it might kill you. When I was a yute, CA was the golden promised land. Even with all the problems it has suffered, I still get a longing to be there. Glad you got to sleep.

Sun, I'm glad your finger survived. I hope your pain is better. Stop back when you can sit a spell.

I'm off to read the paper online. I never did read it yesterday. I'm pretty sick when I don't feel up to reading the newspaper. I did watch the news on TV but the paper always has more info on local happenings than TV. Hoping everydobby is doing well.

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  16. Starlight74

Starlight74 Well-Known Member

Hi guys.
    It's late and I am whacked.
    Found a lovely note From Dd thanking DH and I for her awesome (as she described it) , birthday.
    Cake turned out to be a success, but talk about Rich!! Treasures loved it...

DH made her a ring out of a silver (mostly) coin and told her it was a promise ring and it was special. It could only be replaced by her husband. I explained to her that her Dad was the most important man in her life for now and he loved her more than any other fellar,so when she considers a bloke in the future, her ring will remind her of a good standard...
    Well, that's the idea anyway.

I was up really late last night too, hanging balloons and streamers throughout the house. I woke up sooo sore from getting up and Down from chairs and manoeuvring this rediculous body around. It seems to complain a lot more these days, but then, it is raining again.
    What is with this weather?

So yeah.massive clean up tomorrow. Oh joy. Looking forward to that-Not !

I tell you what, these cheeky magpies crack me up. I just have to pull up in the driveway and I cop a sqwaking at by one alighting the fence. It's still rather endearing though, especially knowing what a big responsibility he has, trying to feed all these babies. Gee, I hope the cold and wet don't cause their demise...
    DH tells me that a crow has decided to line up for hand outs now...

Sorry to all of you who are experiencing pain, fatigue , allergies and hardships...

Julie-Poor little tacker getting his finger jammed like that. :-(
    Mm yum. I can almost smell your cooking from here! Glad you're feeling better.
    Emails for the little ones mean such a big deal. I do the same for ours and even though they're older, they feel special. And that's the point isn't it?

Mikie, do you have More stones? Besides the ones that got blasted? You poor thing! How awful for you. I wish I could magically make it all go away for you. Funny to read about Sirvester's spurt of rebellion...biting your toe? Bet that was a shock! :)

Sun- I'm so glad you're close enough to be a part of dgd's life and soccer and pizza... Can't believe the Mattel place. Sounds like a different planet. Yes.i also saw how the techi ice could be torn for use on neck and shoulders. Let me know how you go, if you get them please. We watched 'you before me' about a tear jerker. No chance of these tear ducts being blocked, that's for sure. They certainly got a good clean out.

Rock- must be a royal pain in the butt having house mate dramas. Does he keep his stuff out in the other fridge? Or do you have to guess what's his? Reminds me of when I was younger and sharing a house. Man, the dramas... In the end names were written on grocery items etc. and being the only girl in the house, it was expected that I also be the maid...uh uhh!
    I guess not a lot has changed... Just like you, everyone here is younger and fitter, but does less!

Oh. Watched 'the dressmaker'. Haven't quite found the words to describe it yet.
    Can't remember the book you started, but tossed due to abuse etc, but I don't waste my time with that stuff eigther. The world is depressing enough. When I lived with my foster family , flowers in the attic was a big deal to them. Made me sick.
    Bob Dylan, hey? Jim I Hendrix wasn't a great singer eigther, but still made it.

Spring, Barry- how's things over your way?

Dianne- computers do my head in, for The most part, especially when I lose everything, but it's certainly the way of the world these days...

Hello to Elaine and Linda. Hope things are looking up.

Granni- Happy Birthday!!!

Best get some shut eye.

Take care
    Catch yas later!
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Mikie and bct like this.
  17. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Morning, everyone! I'm missing my coffee as I am fasting until after I see the doctor at 10:45...hoping he will order some labs and I want to be prepared. I might have overdone it just a tad yesterday :rolleyes:

Ended up sleeping on the living room floor because all my muscles and joints were screaming at me. Den told me goodbye as he was leaving for work and commented that "I always do too much at once." Yes, but I wanted to have the whole yard mowed at the same time for once...I will be gone a lot today and we are to have a few rain showers tomorrow. So, I kept going until I got it done. I will survive...

Sun, I'm sorry about your door experience when you were younger. I think I might have fainted, too. I think I remember having to take our girls' bedroom door off the hinges for a spell...something about slamming doors and about locking others out. Anyone who has had two teenage girls in the house at the same time will probably understand, lol!

Rock, almost funny about the mayonnaise...except it isn't :mad: Hope you are feeling better. Might be that fridge needs to be turned colder? Yep, I'm always careful not to have the pot handle sticking out...even if I'm the only one here.

Mikie, what on earth??!! Might be a good idea to call the doc. You have been so miserable for way too long.

Star, what a sweet thing for your DD to do. And those rings are pretty think of her daddy making hers for her...even more special. I've seen ones for sale, but it was after our girls were already grown.

Glad you are getting entertained by the birds. Nature is awesome sometimes, true?

Hope you get a little help with the party cleanup.

I'd better get ready to go to town. Need to call the doctor's office and make sure I have my appt. time correct as I didn't write it down...I know better than that, lol! Was going to get my dad after I went to the attorney's office (in another town, 30 minutes away) but think I will just make that one stop, get a few groceries, then come back home and crash. I keep putting off getting my dad out here, but he is well cared for and I can only do so much. If it means an extra trip to that town to get him, I'll just have to do that.

"Hi" to everyone...hang in there!

Starlight74 likes this.
  18. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

I almost forgot to wish Granni a Happy Birthday! I know you celebrated with family earlier, but wanted to catch you on your special day...

19. ConfusedInPA

Granni -- Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin did a bit of tweaking on my computer last night. He still needs to do more. I keep getting bad headaches the longer I look at this screen. Hopefully he will get it better suited to my needs, this weekend.

Y'all take care. I'll post more when I can.

Love, DIANE
  20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Thanks you all for b day wishes. Waiting to get picked up to sing. So need to run and hope to get back later on.''

Love you awl,
    Granni :)