The Porchlight Vol 216 IS OPEN

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Apr 1, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hope no one got caught- I can not edit 215 to close it-anyone else have that problem- BB SOON Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 04/01/2008]
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Mrdad, actually I do not take anything for fatigue, I don't even drink coffee, yuck. I am getting to the point of asking my doctor though. It is getting harder and harder and like i said before, I am late for work every morning, however, it is so laid back here at work, no one cares, so that is good.

Elaine, it is okay, I actually like the name Monica, that is pretty. My real name is Michelle, but my Mom called me Mickey for short (after Mickey Mantle). My Mom was a pro softball player for the Hummers here in St. Louis. I played softball all my life too, and traveled all over the place on select teams up until about 5 years ago. That is why this DD is so hard for me. I was so active all my life. I coached my 2 daughters softball teams as well for about 8 years. That was so much fun, but I had to quite last year due to this DD.

Okay, how did I get on that subject, oh well, anyway, I wouldn't dress like the rabbit Elaine, you will surely get shot by those camaflouged hunters in the woods.

Rock, your Mom seems like she really had a green thumb. I have an African Violet here at my desk and it has done pretty good. I have had it for 2 years and it has numerous blooms on it.

Well Porchies, wake up everyone, where are all of you. The slumber party hasn't started yet.

You know, I just had a heartfelt moment. I don't know what I wouldn't have done if I didn't find all of you. You guys are the only people besides my doctor and sister that even know how bad I am. I don't share my DD with anyone except for you guys, so thanks for being there everyday.

Love you all, Mickey
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I must say I barely scanned 215, I was gone until 8 last night, went to see mom then went shopping for a new cordless drill. There is a discout tool store in WV, just a few mile across the bridge.

Then crashed on the couch and watched my shows-

Micky was it you that mentioned Medium? I did not expect that ending at all. I think the real Allison was on Oprah in the last year or so, my memory bank is out of disc space right now.

What is this about a slumber party??? Well it is going on 3 pm and and I am back in my jammies. So I am ready.

It is suppose to rain so I went out this morning and placed 10 9 x 12 ft tarps over the mud pit. It is worse than before :-( Plus it rained hard last night.

I am so sick of this, I ended up falling twice, once my foot got stuck and I fell on my side in a big mud puddle. The second time I slipped while on the hill and sat down in the muck.

Now I have cleaned up some and put my jammies back on and bath later.

I will have to catch up later, I am whipped and my Twy had jumped up here on the couch with me, so I think I will cuddle and watch Ellen.

Good news is no pee for a week now! She has been scratching on the door to wake me up to let her out. I still leave the puppy pad just in case. She has been more playful with Missy too, so I think she will back to her ole self soon.

I look forward to see what happens at the slumber party-Carla
  4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I am dragging now. Georgia, I don't know how i do it either, well I guess I do know why I do it. We would be poor if I didn't work and my daughters wouldn't be able to go to college. I wish so much my husband made enough for me to stay home. That would be a dream come true. Anyway, I force myself for my kiddos. I am only 42 so I am probably not as bad as many fibro/cf patients, however, it is getting worse and worse. By the way Georgia, I see you were/are a forensic mental health expert, i bet that is/was an exciting job. I love those forensic shows on tv. My husband and I watch those all the time.

I am kind of glad, i think if i did stay home, it might make it worse for me.

Carla, you poor girl, I wish I could come over there and help you with the mud pit. Is there anyway you can haul rock all of it until you can figure something out. I just don't know how you do it day after day. If you keep falling, you are really going to hurt yourself and I don't want that to happen.

It is rainy, muddy and dreary here too, and cold. When, when, when, is the warm weather coming. This has been the longest winter in my life. I need to move to a warmer climate so bad, but all my family are here. Oh well, i will just have to suck it up.

Okay, Elaine, I am also bringing my stuffed animal to the slumber party and we can have makeovers too. I am sure the guys would enjoy that too. We can play hide and seek and sleep in our sleeping bags on the porch and have hot chocolate and popcorn and roast hot dogs and marshmallows by the fire. We can also all play truth or dare, LOL. Ooooh I don't know about that, MRDAD might tell us the truth about the beekeenee girls and what about Rock, he may just dare you to jump off the porch again.

Take care Porchies, as you can tell i am bored today, this is my 3rd or 4th post. LOL
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Sorry Urs took you for a walk instead of the other way around. Good deal on the nanners. So Mr M is good with his hands too? Cool! Glad you had a good day.

Thank you Micky, I don't know how I do it either, but I don't have a choice, I am alone, not poor, but can't afford to pay people to do work I can do. I have always been physical and fairly active before I got sick. Now I can only do a few hours or sometimes just 1 day. Like Georgia, I use my meds too, without them I would do nothing.

Sounds like you have a job similar to my old job as a property manager for office buildings. It was laid back and I was alone a lot too, the owner travelled, he taught real estate agents how to invest in commerical real estate.

My boss left at 3 everyday, the last year or so I worked I was so tired and bored that I would go lay down in the owners office and if someone came in, I would be like I was just putting something in his office :) Hey gotta do what you gotta do,lol.

When is this slumber party going to happen, I hope I don't sleep threw it.

Elaine- I am so glad my boss didn't want me to buy those baskets- They were stolen! The police called my boss today and she called me to tell me. The girl is a herion addict and stole them from her mother. In KY if you buy hot goods, even if you don't know they are hot, you can go to jail. The owner has been a power seller on Ebay for 8 years, she does quite well, but wasn't interested in the baskets, she recently bought storage unit that had a lot of baskets. So she passed, she is very particular about what she buys off of people, she has a keen eye.

Sweetie haven't heard from you, are you ok? How is your son?

Hello to everydobby else-you know who you are :) Carla

Well back to Dr Oz -see ya'll later-Carla

6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Well Dear Porchies,

I finally got to the porch. What a crazy day. I felt like I have been foggier than usual. Wonder if it is cause I tried to take 1/2 of my gen. Klonopin last night instead of the whole. I am trying to cut back if I can and I know I have to do it slowly. I only take it at night with my Flexeril.

Did some wash this morning and then went to work out (sorta ) with DH. Did my treadmill and my foot/leg push. I don;t know what is called. In a couple of weeks you guys will need to do some quick praying for me.

I will be having my bone density after 2 years on Forteo ( the subcut. inj.) for those that not much else works on with severe osteop[orosis. Hope it shows some good results anyway and I am sure I will be on something else once I have my scan and Dr. appt. Will let you know when it gets closer.

Then I ate lunch and helped DH clean up part of the white posts on the little bridge we have on OUR Porch. I did some cleaning and will later paint -UGH. Then DH did some painted of the top of the railing. It is getting summer here folks, not much spring. I think it is in the high 70's at least. Oh, I also made spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage in it which is simmering as we speak.

Feel like taking a nap. I dragged myself out of bed this morning close to 9 as I was doing some light sleeping last night, not sure if it is from the 1/2 klonopin or not. We'll see. Wondering if I should take a whole or 1/2 tonight.

Well, are you guys ready for th slumber party??? Not sure if I will make itor not, yawn !!

Gee, wish I has some crazy jammies to wear like you all. Lately, I do not know if I need to wear warm ones or cool ones. Even if it is warm DH puts the dumb fan on almost about our bed so I huddle under the covers.

Well, almost the whole volume past me by before. Can't remember to much of what I read though.

Mickey (or is it Monica)- sounds like you have some crazy ideas for this slumber party. You younguns might be having fun and I might be sleeping, who knows?? You had better watch out what you dare some of these guys and gals to do.. They are liable to do them and then some (-: !! Just remember , if you dare me to do something I am 25 yers older than you are (-: !! OMG, I even admitted to it but you can figure it out anyway on my bio.

Carla - so sorry to hear about your yucky weather, you fall and your still muddy ditch. What a mess. Just what you need, right !! At least Twy seems to be doing better now.

Georgia - sorry you are feeling yucky too. Who walked who? It sounds liek Ursula was at least trying to walk you (-: !!

YC/Candy - I see your rheumy appt. got cancelled. I guess that was good thing for you. You didn't have to rush all around like a maniac !! Hope your doc appt went OK and that you are feeling a bit better hon.

Elaine - forgot what you said on the other volume. Hope all is well with you kiddo.

I'll be checking later to see if we are still having a slumber party to see which of my fancy (NOT) jammies I have to wear - big decision. What is the temperature on the porch - I guess just perfect huh. Anyone bring food??? Anyone need Baileys and amaretto (now that is good stuff). At least I do not ave to go anywhere tonight !!!

Big hugs and blessings to all and those also peaking in -Hi Rock Mrd, Laceymae, Marta, dear Joan (Lilaclover30),
    and Everydobby else (-: !!!

Sorry for the novel !
  7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Georia and Carla, yes, if I didn't have my meds there would be no way I would be able to function much less get out of bed. My doctor has me on Opana ER twice a day for the extended release pain relief and percocet for breakthrough which i do not use unless I absolutely have too. The Opana has done great for me, so I am going to stick with that for awhile.

Yes Carla that is pretty much what i do, lease space in office buildings and mostly shopping centers. I type up leases, extensions, purchase orders, etc...... Call tenants to pay their rent, call contractors to go fix things, etc..... Fortunatley for me it is a laid back job, not physical at all. The only hard thing is getting out of bed in the morning and getting here. I do not perk up until the afternoon.

Georgia, that is great that you can work part time. I could probably go to that once the kids are out of college and i really think i will do that. You are just so talented, lace knitting sounds hard. My finger hurt so much all the time (especially from typing) I don't think i could do that. I bet what you do is pretty. I will have to go on Ebay and type in the search "lace knitting" and see if any of yours comes up. Neat!!

Grannie, you are too funny, you are a little fiesty today arent' you. I can't wait to dare you, so please don't fall asleep yet. We can do it on the weekend if you all want to. I can't stay up late during the week because I have to get up at 6:00 a.m. every morning during the week. So the slumber party can be this Friday night, that way I can sleep in on Saturday.

Hi Candy, you are up and adam I see, I guess it is just us 4 up today. All of our other porchies are still asleep. Hey guys, are you resting up for the slumber party????????
    Where oh where are all the Porchies[This Message was Edited on 04/01/2008]
  8. Granniluvsu

Hey Candy,

I am pretty sure if they told you of the issue and did not say you were gone you are fine. Just don't try it again. These moderators are pretty smart (-: !!! Good for them. They have to be pretty much on the ball.

I did see a post sometime ago, BUT NOT VERY LONG ago, (don't know if it is still there or not) about some kind of vote for people who interested in being able to contact others - getting their e-mails, etc. I forgot abuot it and didn't respond. However I know I did see it. Not sure which board it was on, I guess chit chat. Don't know wht ever happened to it. Maybe it was a month or so ago at the most, I think.

Any way,my dear. Have no fear I am sureit was just a warning if you are still here reading my post. Chin up "my little pretty" you are just fine !!

Sorry you had those pooblems growing up. I am just guessing what they are but must have been scary to say the least.

Hey everyone, are we or not having a jammie party. If you vote for the weekend I MAY be out not sure. Of course it is up to everyone else. I will be here for awhile anayway but not to long. I keep forgetting about everyone else time zones???

Love to Candy and you ALL,

9. jole

jole Member

Sorry I haven't been here for awhile...I missed all of you, but just couldn't read! Or type! Or think! Or move! (You get the idea).

Went to the doc last Wed. and was feeling fine (of course). She just insisted that I come in for a med review, etc.

Then Saturday I became so dizzy that I fell over in the kitchen, and the world hasn't stopped spinning since! Actually, I'm still not sure if it's the world spinning or ME daughter was home at the time, and has told all our other kids that I fell really hard, so now they're all calling to make sure I'm doing okay. I just tell them I'm fine.

It's really pretty funny, because they don't know that I know that they know (is that a song or something??), so they come up with all kinds of sneaky ways to try to find out how I'm doing!! I know they worry, but sometimes it's just none of their business, ya know??? Am I mean?

My hubby wants me to go back to the doc to find out what's wrong, but I'm getting better and will probably catch something while I'm there, plus the fact that I no longer have insurance.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do if you're disabled but still have a year before medicare kicks in? No ins. co. will take me so I guess I'm just uninsured for a year....

Anyway, enough of that. I will try to make the slumber party this Friday night if you don't mind me being there. I promise to bring food (don't know what, but it'll be good), and since I'm not allergic to anything on the porch I can drink with you all and we can be dizzy together!!!

Love ya all!!
  10. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Hi guys, I am on my daughter's laptop right now and it is taking me way too long to type this out, not used to this weird apple keyboard. Oh well, i will do my best.

Carla, yes, I was the one talking about Medium, I didnt expect that ending either. That was the last thing that i thought would of happened.

Elaine you are so right, it is like our secret underground club and it is really neat. However, my husband is sitting in the chair across from me and knows i am typing to you guys. Oh well, he never asks, what are you typing? or who are you typing too?

Candy, I can't believe you got busted. You are so funny. It reminds me of high school passing around notes while in class. LOL You are so sweet. Julie is right about all of us having problems, so no need to worry, we all understand the fog and not being able to remember everything.

Aughhhhh, my daughter needs her computer back for homework. I will talk to you tomorrow
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here's today's culinary report.

Add a pinch of salt to your coffee. This comes from Robert Parker's thriller "Hush Money". Give it a try? The choice is yours.

And on the baking front, Gordon made a lemon cake. In addition to all the usual ingreediments, it had sour cream, lemon and orange juice/zest, and 983 poppy seeds (approximately).

Gordon was not happy w/ the result, but I liked it. It was especially good when I served it w/ raspberries on top. As I was the only guest I didn't bother w/ the mint garnish.

When I called up Marthla and told her about it she went prison-green w/ envy.

You're right, Mickey. If you want good tomatoes you have to time travel to the past or grow them yourself. Gordon and I grew some in pails a couple years ago.

They were more flavorful than the modern made-to-withstand-shipping varieties, but still not as good as I remember. The cherry tomatoes were best.

(My brain fog is so bad I had to look up "Cherry tomatoes.)

Hey, Linda. Does your face hurt? Well, it's killing me.
    Just kidding; I "wooden" wanna upset ya.

Don't remember Romper Room, Martha, but I remember Miss Frances of Ding Dong School. She had a big old cow bell. We have one like it today at our Emotions Anonymous meeting in Glendale.

My dad used to travel around NE Iowa selling trees and shrubs. He bought the bell from a one-room school that went outta business and gave it to my great aunt and uncle. They painted it silver and mounted it on a 20 foot pole.We kids loved to ring it to announce our arrival when we came to call.

Never been to Eden Prairie, Minnesota, but I lived in nearby Minneapolis for a while. Eden Prairie was selected as one of the ten best places to live a couple years ago.

Glad to hear Twy is recovering, Carla. Granni, I am amazed that someone my age can exercise. I haven't been in a gym since the 70s.

Jole, have you ever done a search for low-cost meds, etc.? There have been numerous posts on this topic. Some drug companies like Merck reportedly will provide free meds to those who need them.

I have some phone numbers somewhere, but they are about 3 years old, so don't know if they're any good. Maybe start a thread on low-cost/ free treatment and see what pops up.

Better go before I lose this; backson as Christopher Robin said. As all students of English literature know, Christopher Robin was a real person. He wrote a book too.

12. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Rock you are up early, is it really 4:30 a.m. where you are when you were typing your post? It is 8:30 where i am and i am at work again. I am proud of myself, i haven't called in sick one day yet this year, wow. I did have to stay home because i was snowbound once, but that was about it. I just might call in sick soon, got use those sick days up or we lose them.

It is cold again today, however, when I went out to start my car this morning, my big tree out front had white blooms all over it, i guess that is a good sign.

We usually open up the pool the middle of April so I hope it gets warm pretty soon. I can't wait to get back into the water. It is the best medicine for fibromalgyia, wading in the pool in the warm sun, I cannot wait.

Good Luck Julie at the Doctors office today with your Mom.

Well, I am being paged to come up front, I have to go meet with a contractor. I will chat later taters.

[This Message was Edited on 04/02/2008]
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Boy what happened everything moved so fast.

Please check out 215 for recipes for zucchini banana bread and carrot marmalade.

Meclazine is great for dizzyness. You can also request an ENG test that will tell where it is coming from (head, ear, neck etc.)

Please note that CNN is running autism shows all day today.

Re fatigue. The Prohealth sublingual B12 really does help quite a bit and also with sleep. It is very cheap and one of the only places you can get the "right sort" of B12 too. I take the 1mg once and sometimes 2 x a day and it seems to work.

Also 1,000 Vt D is really essential for us all. Many here take stomach meds and that totally depletes D vitamon which then cuases osteporosis. We stay out of the sun and don't get enough D especially in winter. It helps a lot with muscle pain and weary feeling.

Hope this helps.

Danny gave his autism speech over at the University S and L support group last evening and we were very proud of him.

Do check whether you are herxing mrdad.
    Love Annie
  14. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Thanks for the info on B12, I need something like that. I am yawning and yawining right now with my eyes watering so much from the yawning. I even slept through the night for a change without waking up one time. Thanks

I bet you are proud of Danny, that is awesome. Pat him on the back for me too.

15. Granniluvsu

First of all , please notice the post from Mickey on the first page of chat about a virus, which is REAL and which I had already been warned about today. It is recent and was checked on Snopes myself included.

Mickey - when you talk about softball I remember the days two of my girls were in it. One was a very good pitcher and fielder in or out. I am sure she would have gotten a scholorship if they were giving them out at her HS. They didn't even had softball there (her HS). DH and our daughters DDad was also the coach. We were really into the baseball/softball , football things with the kids (at least the last 3 when they had a program for girls).. I probably should try the B12 sublingual too as I am also yawning and feeling tired even when I wake up.

What's this about a pool opening in April? Is it a heated pool? Otherwise I would go newar one till it is in the 80-90's here and our pool is not heated.

Annie - a big congrats to Danny and his speech, how wonderful. I have forgotten how old is he now ans what grade? Remember I have one grandchild almost 4 with mild -moderate autism and one almost 13 with lost osf LD's PPD nos. I am really worried about them especially the older on. His mom is divorced and her x was not much help blaming everything on her of course, etc. etc. However, she is now engaged to a nice guy who does lots of thigs with them all when he can. Another m age 6 has leukemia and is doing pretty well on Rx'

Candy - Hope you are feeling a little better today. Don't worry about the being busted thing. It was just a warning so as they say - Watch your P's and Q's "Little Missy " or should I say "My Pretty" (-: !he, he!!! Luv, Granni

Does anyone know the max of B12 that should be taken? I also take a special vit (s) packet with some B12 in it?

Rock = Goodness I can't believe you get up so early. Well I guess I don[t cause I am taking meds but I know sometimes that does not always help ALL the time.

Julie - Goods luck with your mom and the doc's appointment Hope all of that works out with changing to a new doctor.

Ckball - Hope you are feeling better and that it is not raining again outside !!!

Elaine - How you doing busy girl?? You wear me out but that is not hard.

Lots of hugs and blessings to ALL inc those lurking and not mentioned.

Hugs and blessings,

[This Message was Edited on 04/02/2008]
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sorry! I just lost a whole Post. Don't know why i never

remember not to go back to a Bio while doing a Post! I

kinda took the day off yesterday and took the Bus to the

Embarcadero to walk and enjoy the Sun. I'll b-bac a bit later

in the day. Hope all are doing well.

17. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Georgia, your husband sounds like mine, i don't think he has ever missed a day from work, he goes in when he is sick and hardly ever brings anything for his lunches. I don't know how he goes all day without eating very much. Ha, I have to bring about 5 things to eat throughout the day. LOL

Granni, I absolutely loved sofball and I miss it so so much. I am telling you 2 years ago when I was still playing (competitve co-ed slow pitch), it was like after every game, my body couldn't move. After every game it was like playing for the first time, when all your muscles ache from not getting exercise. That is why I had to quite and that is how I knew something was wrong with me. So after test after tests, they told me i had fibro and psoriatic arthritis. Geez. There goes my softball body, which I loved too. LOL. When I played fastpitch, I was the pitcher and 3rd baseman. When i played competitive slow pitch (which i loved) i played 3rd base. Slow pitch is so much more fun because there is more action going on.

Maybe one day I will be able to go back to it, I hope. Maybe someone will come up with a cure.

Elaine, I am not sure about Thursday for the slumber party, I have to work on Friday morning so I wouldn't be able to stay up too late. Lets make it for Friday that way i can stay up and party with you all night long.

I really feel for you having to be on the dating scenario, I bet it is hard. I can't imagine going back to that. However, you will never have a problem meeting someone so that is good. You will probably meet Mr. Right when you least expect it. If you do you better invite all of us to your wedding, because I would be there in a heartbeat. That would be so cool.

Bye for now guys/gals

18. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Well, I didn't take notes so just please know that I laughed in the appropriate places and groaned in sympathy in others. I do remember the lemon cake and raspberries, however.... Mmmmmm.

Some of you know that I brought Honey home from the shelter yesterday in a very weak moment. I had gone in to visit her and due to a quick stop at the hardware store had missed a phone call to tell me that they were moving her to the cat room. (I have a cell phone but rarely use it; in fact, remembering to keep new minutes on it is almost not worth the effort.)

So there I stood, listening to myself say that I would try to foster her. And they bought it!

I began this note two hours ago and I'm just sending it off to you. Hope I don't get caught in the door but no great loss if I do. Heeeeere it goes!

Hugs to all,
  19. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I just wanted to say goodbye for today, I will be leaving in a little bit to go home and cook, run kids around and clean. No time to be on computer. Oh and watch American Idol. So all you porchies have a great night and i will chat with all of you tomorrow.

Gentle Huggles as MrDad would say and Hugs and Blessings as Granni would say!!!!!

Love ya as I would say, LOL

20. ckball

ckball New Member

I can not edit my first post or any others except for these last 2- Has any one had this problem? Please answer this on 217 if you can-Carla[This Message was Edited on 04/02/2008]