The Porchlight Volume # 680 IS NOW CLOSED !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Jan 28, 2014.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Dar: a flood again! I know I wouldn't be able to cope with everything you accomplish......do you hear that? It's me giving you applause! You earn every penny you make. Have a question re: my 91 year old aunt who has been moved to an assisted living place. My cousins made the decision(she is a widow with no children) because she was showing many signs of alzheimers like another aunt who died from it. She was alone.....and wanting to die. Now she's as mad as a wet hen. Complaining of the food, of her table mates and everyone else there, complaining she doesn't have the right clothes, etc. etc. Said my cousin NOW has all her $ which is basically enough to pay the rent for one year. What do you suggest????????

Granni: what a way to find out about your son's possible job overseas? I don't go to FB and don't want to. And like Mikie said, it all depends on the safety of the country.

Mikie: About that BIG, heavy suitcase........when she gets home you should ask her what she packed that she DIDN'T wear. I learned a long time ago that I only wore half of what I packed. When we went to Portland I went down to a much smaller suitcase, but still didn't wear some of the things packed. Years ago my dream was to be able to toss something into a very small travel bag and just GO. Of course now half of what I pack is for my body comfort like two heating pads, rice filled things, etc.

I've got a guy coming tomorrow to trim a ton of bushes. I wasn't sure if we would be home on saturday so I had him put the very heavy ladder outside.....and of course......it rained a little last night on it. I've now got it covered with plastic....hoping it will be dry tomorrow so he can do the work. And the new pool service guy was out yesterday and did a good job. Needless to say the H.S. kids didn't work out, one was VERY slow and the other one didn't show up on saturday.

Does anyone have dreams that they pay attention to? Had a dream this morning.....upsetting to say the least.....I had gotten off a trail that I knew well, to get on a bicycle, ended up at some fancy country club, and then couldn't find my way back to the correct trail.....I was lost. Well, obviously it has to do with what's going on in my life right now.....sometimes I can go back into a dream to finish it but no luck this morning. When I lay down next time I'll see if I can put my mind into thinking of this dream. The brain is amazing.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

ROCK SAYS IT IS TIME TO GO ON TO THE NEXT VOLUME. LOOK FOR # 681 . NO MORE POSTS HERE :)!!

Love to everydobby,
    Granni :)
    Sun - that is interesting about your dream. For some reason I hardly remember what it was all about. I remember my mom used to say that either her aunts had what she called a dream book. Obviously she believed a lot in her dreams. That is about all I remember about it. Mother is no longer living so I can't ask her about it.

You are right about FB . I go on there to see friends and family I don't get to see a lot or at all. However, I do not put much personal on there for the reason you mentioned. Nothing that personal that is. If I send anything personal, it is a not for all to see and is private. MY DIL , I guess, was so excited she had to tell her friends and of course everyone else. Of course it is not top secret but one must be careful these days.

You surely sound busy these days doing so much while your DH is recuperating. Hope you get everything taken care of this weekend that you need to,

Dar - Yes, you do earn every penny you are getting paid and you also need lots of patience. If you are feeling badly at work that surely makes things a lot harder. God bless you and all you do. Sun and Dar, I have heard even just recently about some with Alzheimers, at a certain stage become beligerant and complaining about everything, even those who were never that way. That is such a hard thing for the family members. Hope things change but not sure it will, but maybe after awhile. The thing is they get very belligerent and unruly, and many times they have to geto medicated and sometimes it may be overly so.. Sorry about your aunt, Sun !!

Went out to lunch with 2 friends today to a nice place sort of tea room and you can have hi tea and stuff like that which is interesting. However, we only had water , iced tea and quiche and yummy soup or salad. We restrained ourselves and didn't have dessert. LOLDid lots of talking though !

Julie, Rock, Freida, Spring Wate, Jamr and all I hope you are all well . Need to get busy doing something else before dinner time.

ROCK SAID THAT IT IS TIME TO START THE NEW VOLUME # 681 ( I THINK) :)!! SEE YOU THERE. NO MORE POSTS HERE !!!! PS THIS IS A TEST MIKIE AND ALL !!

LOVE,
    GRANNI
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014