THE PORCHLIGHT VOLUME #682 IS CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lydia1, Feb 4, 2014.

1. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi gang...we are still up and running! Keeping close watch on Lindsey so she doesn't have to lift or do anything to put pressure on that area...hopefully, the tear will heal itself. She has a doctor appt. on the 20th (my daddy's birthday!) and we hope he will lift the restrictions a bit.

Amy was coming here this weekend, but was getting a rough cold and didn't want to "infect" anyone. She may still come part way...is to help her friend prepare for her wedding in May...Amy is a bridesmaid...she and Jennifer have been friends since preschool :) But Jen lives 45 minutes from us, so Amy may just go help Jen, then go back home.

Clinton stayed home from work the other day cause Keira didn't have school...they went to an indoor amusement park. I am so glad both of our sons-in-law step it up and do their parts...

I got to the local chiro yesterday and he helped my headache...Yay! Will try to get in to the other one, week after next. Can't go this next week as I will be at Amy's Tues. nite through Wed. nite, then all day on Friday. Keira's daycare lady will be gone Wed and Fri, so I need to get Keira to and from school. I'm going Tuesday evening because Amy invited me to go to parent-teacher conferences with her and Keira (Clinton will still be working and Keira's dad is working out of state.)

David's schedule is all messed up as far as what days and nights he works, so I had to take all that into consideration. Den will help Lindsey Tuesday night while David has an EMT class, then I have the rest of times covered.

I told the chiro yesterday that I had made appts. to see him, but kept having to cancel. He said, "Well, your schedule isn't really your own these days, is it?" I agreed, but I know it's just a "season"...and so far, I have made it through all the other "seasons" that have been thrust upon me...so I trust that I will be fine :p

The best thing is that God has arranged to allow only one or two things to happen at a time...no way could I have managed everything all at once, lol! And if I die before I get my "junk" sorted and under control...well, I guess the kids will just have to take care of it, true? People are much more important than any of my junk...

I will just say a quick "hi" to everyone...I'm slow getting around this morning, but wasn't worried because we had Lorraine overnight and David is home during the day today.
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Hi Everyone. We had some nice rain yesterday but still could use much, much more. I'm trying to do my part in saving water. I've got a jug at the sink and fill it when I need to get hot water to wash dishes. I used to do this in the bathtub too when it was manditory to cut. Not pleasant to turn on the shower to just get wet, then turn it off while you soap up, turn it on quickly to rinse then turn off again. Some cities are already asking for a cut of 20%. I put in a ton of succulents a few years ago so I'm good.

Jam: I've never bought crystal geyser, but will have to check it out. I buy big jugs of distilled water, and then get my minerals from salt from Utah. I used to think distilled was just for the iron until I read about it from health experts. Tastes like regular water just no chemicals, floride or minerals.

Mikie: I applaud anyone who can speak another language. My brain just couldn't take it in and remember, and in the 60s you didn't have to take a language or science if you were a business major. Bad mistake on the part of schools back then.

Your neighbor is being VERY foolish about statins. But she's in the majority of people who buy into everything the drug companies put out. I've got asthma like you, actually it's under control unless I have to exercise or walk fast. I've got an inhaler but have never used it since I'm scared of side effects. I tend to have a fast heart rate, at times when I was walking it hit 200 BPM. I suppose I need to try it though and see how it affects me. Do you use your inhaler every day?

Granni: Maybe one of your choir members can jump in and take over director job? I always was in singing groups and choirs in HS and college and I remember a few times one of the students took over the job of warming us up, and the pianist at times.

Rock: Have you been enjoying the beautiful stormy black skies the last couple of days? I love it when the skies get all dark blue and then the sunlight hits the trees and makes them bright yellow. At that time I run out with my camera if it's not rainy. And, hey........at least you did play bridge. I NEVER could understand it.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - Glad to hear that you are among the living :)! You are just so busy all the time but then again you are still YOUNG :)!! Or at least younger than I, so that should be helpful. Hope that you will be back to post more often but if your activities keep you from doing so we understand. Hope Lindsey continues to do well with her pregnancy. Aren't you glad that it isn't twins again :)??? How old will the twins be when this new one is supposed to arrive??

Sun and Rock - Yes we could warm ourselves up before Mass but being able to sing everything acapella (sp?) can be a bit tricky and then to get the congregation can be even trickier especially if it is a new song or hymn. This Sunday will be interesting. It will be the first time we are singing without our fearless leader (director), Hope we don't have to go to long without one. Although then we will have to go to practice during the week. Right now, esp. with the cold weather, I am happy to stay home . It is in the 30's today and is supposed to be close to 60 tomorrow. Can't believe it but we will see. That is the crazy TX weather for you.

Freida - Thinking of you sweetie. Hoping you are doing better today and have a little more NRG and your vocal cords warmed up a bit to speak. Don't know how I get dragged into these chats ? I think that the chat box is close to where I am typing and show how I get pulled in. The chatting is good but I have enough to do besides the regular chit chat board. I wish there was some option on the chat board so the person knows that you (or I) are not ignoring them but cannot chat right now.

Spring Water - How are you doing? Hopefully you can have some time to rest soon without all these prayer vigils, etc. Thinking of you and so many others. We will working on be leaving soon to go into the city to see our #1 daughter and part of family, go to dinner and then to the play our grandson is working in. It is so cold out. I have thermal bottoms under my velour pants with jacket to go with it. That is an outfit but I will have a jacket to go under that.

Bye for now and hope to see you tomorrow even though it is Saturday. If it is warm as they say tomorrow DH will have me working outdoors on the "grounds'. Not my favorite things to do ):! However, we can't afford to jhave it done so there we are.:mad: Thinking of you all !!

Love to everydobby,
    Granni :)
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

P.S.

Jam - Do the Crystal Geiser have flavors? It seems to me that they do. I think a friend of mine has them or did but I haven't seen her in some time. Where do you get yours. It seems to me they aren't cheap but I wonder if Sams carried them. Haven't looked at WM.

Will keep an eye out to see what the price is. I too have the filters on my refrig. water.

Gotta run . Off to the potty !
    Hugz,
    Granni
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Frieda. Yes, we all care about you and pray for the healing you so deserve. Keep up with your exercises and whatever you can eat. I haven't posted much lately, but I do love reading your posts. You're always so upbeat and full of compassion for everyone.

A termite inspection guy was out yesterday to do an inspection. We've had a lot of droppings in the garage, even after I've cleaned a month ago I saw it again. Well, after an hr inspection of house and garage we're free of termites.....turns out its cricket droppings instead. Now I need to search for a safe, healthy method to exterminate them from the garage!!!!!! And I need to find something safe to be applied to a pine tree stump that has termites. One company was going to saturate it with poison for $200 and another one said they refer this type of complaint to an environmental agency. Hmmmmmm.......I need to do research on this.

I'm fighting bad fatigue and just can't seem to get the right amount of sleep to shake this off.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This thread is closed. Please do not post here but go to new Porch Volume. Thank you!