The Postal System SAGA!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaminhealth, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

We've had a great postal system for some 200 yrs...I truly have NEVER had a complaint with the system....

The mail has gotten to us in Rain, Sleet, Hail, Snow..you name it, the mail got thru to us.

Today, technology is killing the system....who writes letters anymore, many do not even send cards.....the computer does it...

The system is losing BILLIONS...

Some help for the system is to close a lot of offices and our main office in our 80K+ city is closing or has closed....

Mail delivery needs to go to 5 days, forget the saturday delivery....that needs to be stopped....

To save what is left of the postal system.

The internet does SO MUCH that the mail system did, but until the internet can deliver packages....the postal system is here to stay....but major changes need to be made.

I don't pay my bills on line, but do have a couple utilities taken right out of my bank acct....and I buy all my stamps at the super market...

Such interesting times if one has lived long enough to see so much. jam

Oh and people are losing jobs to this technology world. This is so many areas, being replaced by automation. [This Message was Edited on 01/21/2013]