The Power Of Adversity

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RadioFM, Mar 4, 2015.

1. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

We need to ask the right questions in order to have full understanding of the contributing factors to our illnesses. I do believe recovery is possible for many and that is my goal. I feel it's important we document our experiences and help others understand that we do have non-toxic treatment options and functional comprehensive testing that may be beneficial.

"No one knows the causative factors of our illness"

We need to send the message of hope as no one knows the power of adversity.

When I had B12 deficiency symptoms, NO conventional medicine doctor could help me. I slowly lost the ability to walk. I knew there had to be a causative factor and there was "Nerve demyelination" AKA B12 deficiency!

My determination ultimately save my life.

Only treating the symptoms and not looking for the possible causative factors is the biggest mistakes doctors are making in the medical community today.

The power of adversity

I am a research junky and I thought I had a good foundation of how the body worked and what testing was available to me. In retrospect I was wrong as "life is short and medicine is long".

When I was bed bound with CFS and had thoughts of ending my life as I could not breath. I was so sick that my muscles for breathing were affected and it was impossible to sleep.

I heard a voice say "don't give up" At this moment in time I said to my self, I will give it one more shot and poor my heart and soul in to researching these topics I post about today. The main question I was trying to answerer was:

How can I restore my energy using the bodies own healing potential?

Deep down I knew diet had to be part of the solution as I stumbled across a book call "Minding My Mitochondria" by Dr. Wahls.

The Wahls diet was very high in sulfur vegetables so I had to modified it to reflect my food sensitivities. The Wahls paleo plus diet was very helpful in improving my cognitive abilities and many other factors related to my symptoms. Please review the nutritional aspect of healing I utilize to super charge my Mitochondria today (Here)

The light bulb when off in my head after reading her book. I was inspired to research more into Mitochondrial related therapies as I needed to find a way to heal my self.

I went back in time and re-discover Dr. Garth Nicolson works on Lipid Replacement Therapy that always looked looked promising to me. I did have reservation about trying another expensive supplement they may not work. But, LRT was a functional food and I was all about using nutrition to heal my self.

I order the supplement and started taking it in relatively high does combined with my customize anti-inflammatory diet. I also utilized a ginger Ayurvedic recipe as described

The miracle of healing happened. In 6-8 weeks I started recovering my lost muscle strength and regain my mobility. I soon started gaining weight as my breathing improved -I was very thankful to able to sleep again. I thank God for not letting me give up on my self.

I know everyone will have their own individual healing stories to discover and some may only be able to raise their level of health just enough to tolerate their symptoms. But, we must never give up on ourselves and lose the healing power of hope and Adversity.

Benefits of Lipid Replacement Therapy part 1. (Mitochondria oil change)

We need to restore cellular integrity and prevent cellular injury before we can maximize the benefits from any healing strategy.

If we address the Mitochondria first, we can allow our cells to increase their nutrient uptake so that Diet, Methylation, Anti-inflammatory support will have the most dramatic effect.

Lipid replacement therapy supplementation is designed to improve mitochondrial function in people with chronic illnesses and multiple chronic infections.

"Clinical trials have shown that NT Factor can actually support the repair of damaged cell membranes – in effect reducing the cells’ biological age and restoring mitochondrial ability to generate energy."

Benefits of Lipid Replacement Therapy part 2.

See more here:

My goal in posting you these videos is to let forum members know that there are many alternative healing strategies out there you may not have tried.
    We must educating ourselves and keeping a open mind that healing is possible. There is no magic pill or one Doctor who will have the answers to all our health challenges.

Healing is possible. Never Give Up The Fight!

The information in this thread is not intended to be medical advice. The information is meant to inspire and motivate you to make your own decisions surrounding your health care and dietary needs. It is intended for educational and informational purposes only.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    ljimbo42 and Nanie46 like this.
  2. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

I don't waste my time with conventional medicine with the exception of basic labs and emergency care. I try and work with well informed Functional Medicine Doctors or Naturopathic Doctors in a team effort to addressing as many causative factors as possible. See more below:

Find a Functional Medicine Practitioner

"As a public service, the Institute for Functional Medicine provides a list of practitioners who have trained with IFM. We are interested in helping patients find healthcare professionals who are familiar with the concepts and approaches of Functional Medicine. Click here for an overview of Functional Medicine. You may also be interested in the following two articles: Working with a Functional Medicine Practitioner and Questions for Functional Medicine Practitioners."

[​IMG] "IFM Certified Practitioners are the most experienced and are designated by the adjacent badge. IFM Certified Practitioners have passed IFM’s rigorous Certification Program – completing the foundational training program (Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice) along with 6 Advanced Practice Modules. Following this training process, IFM Certified Practitioners have also passed the IFM Certification Program Case Study and Written Test requirements."

- See more at:
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Nanie46 likes this.
  3. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

The Chronic Disease Epidemic

Please take the time and review this video on the comprehensive strategies now being utilized to treating chronic disease we see today.

Dr. Richard Horowitz presents the MSIDS model at NorVect 2014

Why Can't I Get Better? The Lyme MSDIS Map in Chronic Disease HD 1 (Must See Video)

It's the immune response to these infections that creates the symptoms. Treatment must be focused on immune modulation and cellular supportive therapies. There will always be complexes to any solution and variations to all healing strategies.

The key to healing the body is understanding the contributing factors and putting the pieces back together in the right order.

Protecting our Mitochondria from oxidative inflammation needs to be our first priority as these toxins created by these infections can be very damaging to the body.

See more here: Infectious Oxidative Inflammation: The Vicious Cycle Of Contributing Factors

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Nanie46 likes this.
  4. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Diagnosing and Treating Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  5. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Avant-Never Give Up The Fight