The Power of Prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ixoye, Nov 11, 2008.

1. ixoye

ixoye New Member

I give all the glory to Jesus for all His Power and Might.

Do you want to get your prayers answered?

A friend of mine had been struggling for the past eight years battling with her ex-husband in court, and being harassed by him. She was powerless with no hope, and it looked like she didn’t have a chance.

But it all turned around in her favor, after the prayer of agreement with fasting and prayer. She fought the good fight of faith with the sword of the Spirit, by speaking out God‘s word.

Suddenly their paths stopped crossing and then she became eligible for legal aid. This in itself is a miracle because she was informed that she is the first one ever to receive legal aid for this type of situation, and that it was very costly and highly unusual that she was granted this help.

Praise God! She won the court battle, and she was given her freedom to leave the area that she dwells in, case closed.

My 19-year-old niece had been struggling, depressed on medication, with no hope. She works in a grocery store as a cashier serving people. Her short life had been crumbling down around her; and she also has an eating disorder and appeared to be undernourished.

After coming in agreement with my sister with fasting & prayer. Things began to change! We went on a 21-day Daniel fast. The first week of the fast a customer took a liken to my niece and asked her if she would be interested in working at a bank. After exchanging words, she said that she would be back with an application.

In the meantime, my niece had been transferred to the back room of the store to stock. Two days before the 21-day fast ended the woman hunted down my niece. She found her in the back room, handed her the application and told her to be at the bank the next day for an interview.

During the interview, she was asked what type of hobbies do you have. And my niece told her that she loved taking pictures and wants to one day to be a photographer. And the woman interviewing her said to her, “You are talking to the right person then because my good friend is a professional photographer.”

My niece continued talking, and she said if we meet again, and then the woman interrupted her and said not if, “when” we meet again. Everyone at the bank took an immediate liken to her and when my niece was asked what she wanted for starting pay, my niece reached high and said between $10 and $12 and hour, and the woman said, oh no honey, you will be making much more than that, you will start out with $15.00 per hour. NOW THAT’S FAVOR! Praise God!

P.S. Lunch is provided each day at no cost to her, I’m sure her co-workers will see to it that she eats well. Praise God for taking care of all her needs, and bringing the right people into her life at the right time to direct her path. Halleluiah!

If you have a need, and if you can find a Spirit filled prayer partner to agree with you it is more powerful. Scripture states that when two or more are gathered I am there in their presence and it states that with one a thousand angels are set a flight, and with two ten thousand angels are set a flight to fight the battle on your behalf.

I recommend getting a promise book, that way it is easy to look up all the promises that you need. If it is healing, start speaking healing scripture out loud everyday, as much as possible, even if you don’t believe it, just keep on saying it. Eventually it will get into your spirit and then you will start believing it, and when that happens, it won’t be long before the manifestation takes place. Jesus said it is according to your faith.

Remember what God’s Word said, “It is written - that by the blood of Jesus that I have a blood bought right to be healed.” According to 1 Peter 2:24, by your stripes I am healed.

Memorize a few healing scriptures or if you need a financial breakthrough, find the scriptures on prosperity and speak those things that are not as though they are.

Before you pray, be sure to enter His courts with Thanksgiving. Thank God for what he has done for you and for what He is going to do. God inhabits are praises.

When you put God first, and you praise, (which is the highest form of prayer) fast, and speak God’s words with faith, (with a true heart,) then the devil doesn’t have a chance.

God bless.
  2. ixoye

ixoye New Member

Dear BDTMU516

So much is a mystery sometimes we don’t know why bad things happen and sometimes it is completely out of our hands and there is nothing we can do about it. But everything happens for a reason. We may never figure it out, but we can’t stand still in time waiting to be vindicated. We have to move on, God has a plan for each and every one of His children. If you lost your job unjustly, God has a better one for you. God won’t allow you to be without. Yes it was a terrible injustice that happen to you, but there comes a time when you have to move on. You have to forgive these people that came against you and start anew, in a new job, or a new field, or maybe a new location. Sometimes God waits on us to move first and then he could begin a new work in us.

As hard as it is for you, you need to forget about what was done to you. Pray for your enemies and God will turn it around for you. Scripture states you will reap what you sow. It may look like this person has gotten away with deceiving the company but it will only last for a season. God Almighty will not allow any man to get away with coming against one of His children. We don’t know when or how this will happen but this person will reap what he sowed.

In the meantime, you need to keep a good perspective. Try and let go of the hurt and pain. Submit to God and trust in Him and ask for a new direction for your life. I am sorry I don’t know your entire situation, I haven’t been on the boards for awhile, but God knows your every need He will never leave you or forsake you. I pray He sends good Christian people your way to help guide you in your time of need and who will support you. I pray you have peace and know that God is with you, and that you can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens you.

(John 10:10) “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. But Jesus came that I may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).”

(Psalm 35: 1-3) “The Lord contends with those who contend with me; He fights against those who fight against me! I take hold of the shield and buckler, and stand up for my help! I draw out also the spear and javelin and close up the way of those who pursue and persecute me. The Lord is my deliverance!”

(Psalm 55:22) “I leave my troubles with the Lord, and He will defend me; He never lets honest people be defeated.”

(Luke 10:19) “I have been given authority and power over all the power the enemy possesses; and nothing shall in any way harm me.”

(Isaiah 54:17) “No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me in judgment I shall show to be in the wrong.

(Jeremiah 29:11) “God has good thought and plans toward me. He intends for me to have peace and not evil and to give me hope in my final outcome.”

(1 Peter 5:7) “I cast the whole of my care (all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all) on Him for He cares for me affectionately and cares about me watchfully.”

(Psalm 143:10-11) “You are my God; teach me to do your will. Be good to me, and guide me on a safe path. Rescue me, Lord, as you have promised; in your goodness save me from my troubles!”

(Isaiah 60:1) “I ARISE (from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept me - I arise to a new life)! I shine (I am radiant with the glory of the Lord), for my light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon me!”

“Praise the Lord”

God bless,
    ixoye
  3. Rachelsvine

Rachelsvine New Member

Thanks for that , very inspiriational!Bt123
  4. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

It is so wonderful to hear testimony of the glorious things that the Lord our God does !

Holly