The Price of Gas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I went into the gas station today and
    asked for five dollars worth of gas.....

The clerk farted and gave me a receipt.

Stop and smell the puppies!
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Gas went up 15 cents overnight here in KC MO. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

What are you paying, Bud? This morning it is $3.19/gallon here. They keep saying the national average is like $2.87, but our gas taxes are the highest (or second, can't remember) in the nation so we get to pay more, more, more!

I live 6 miles out of town and come in to work 5 days a week. I now go the grocery store after work and then don't go back into town on the weekend. If we need something it just has to wait until Monday! Tonight it's the fruit stand for onions and aspergras and then Wally World for the rest of the groceries. Makes for a very long day!

Choose Joy!
  5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I just paid $2.79 for the cheep stuff. I know that sounds good compared to the coastal prices. I'm not really complaining about the cost since we have no choice, other than how we use our vehicles. I just get mad that it can jump that much over night. And when it does go down, it's only 2 or 3 cents.

Oh well, I'm glad I don't have a gas guzzler or a car payment. It makes the sting a little easier in that way.

6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Lol!!! I was not expecting that, had a good laugh!! I will have to pass that joke on, esp. since it is short and I really stink at remembering jokes.

We are paying around $3.30+/gallon here in So. Cal. Give me a break!! Hope the prices come down soon. Have a great night! Kim :)
  7. mary124

mary124 New Member

I live in the Austin, Tx area. My husband drives for a living so we fill up anywhere from every other day and sometimes once a day so that can be expensive. Its $2.79 at the cheapest. But I've seen it at $2.89 at some places here.
    They say its going to go up to $4.00 before the Summer is over.
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Ours is up to $3.29 today.

I'm staying home on weekends now. Doing any errands during the week before I go home from work instead of going to the store on Saturday.

Too far to ride a bike to work, 6 miles. Might make it 1/4 mile! I'd have to start today to make it by Monday!

Choose joy!
  9. elliespad

elliespad Member

Here is upstate NY. My husband drives 45 miles one way 5 days a week, and son will be starting work about 30 miles one way, UGH.
  10. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Does anyone else find it amusing that Iraq is producing less oil now than it did during the embargo and before our last invasion? I wonder what the price of gas would be if Iraq were producing at capacity? Sigh.

(I live in a small town designed and built before the invention of the automobile so everything is accessible by foot or bike so I don't know the price of gas...snicker ! :) Darn, my evil side came out again. I'm really am a good "good" scientist!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/06/2007]
  11. jaltair

jaltair New Member

We are tied to the world economy, and with India and China now blooming as far as cars ... not enough oil to keep everyone happy. What we need to do is hire Arabs to come over and help us extract and refine our oil in the US! The crude is rude and hard to refine making it expensive to do. That's why we depend more on other countries for production. Doesn't help that Venezuela is holding back oil from the US now. Would be great to be independent of oil ... won't happen for a long time, just not economically feasible. Hybrids are nice if you live in a city and drive in city to keep them charges with stop and starts; but they still have to prove themselves - don't know how motors will far in the long haul. We need a really good electric car that can go lot distances without running out of juice and recharge while parked or something. Still, the countries with all the people are just starting to get excited about and just starting to afford the good old dependable gas engine cars.