The Sadest News I have Ever been Sent

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kgangel, Jan 27, 2007.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

To My Dear Praying partners.

I have been sent some very sad news from a Dear friend of mine and all her and her family have had to endure.

I want to give you some back round on her and then I am going to paste her letter here and ask for prayer for her and her family.

My dear friend is a very devout christian, whose light always is shinning, even though her family has been through so much. She adopted 2 beautiful children because these children had been abused and she did not want to see them suffer any more. So, she and her husband raised them. These children were burned with cigerette butts and they could not walk or talk when Nancy adopted them and one was 2 and the other 3 years old. Needless to say they have gone through much counseling and many heart aches to finally get them to grow to be happy and healthy.

They did just that, both are beautiful loving adults and married to very special people. Now I would like to enclose her note and ask for prayers for this dear family.

God Bless you all
    Kgangel

My dearest Christian brothers and sisters,

This is a terrible way to pass sad news, but time is so very pressing and I really can't handle a lot of phone calls right now.

Many of you know that my Mom had been in an arm cast for about 6 months with her hand problems and then surgery, then my Dad had back surgery this summer. I am so very thankful for my dear husband who agreed to move down here to be a help to my parents. The first of December my Mom bent over to pick up a kleenex that had fallen to the floor and she fell and broke her hip. We rushed her to the hospital where she just laid there for 5 days while they got her blood levels straightened out and her heart steady enough for the surgery. She had successful surgery and was then transferred to another hospital for rehab therapy. She was doing really well and they let her come home. She was home for a weekend and just lost all of her appetite and strength. They rushed her back to the hospital to regain her strength. She was there for quite a while and then they transferred her to a nursing care facility for rehab. She was having therapy twice a day and we thought she was doing so much better, when one night she said that she just wanted a blissful sleep and to wake up in Jesus' arms. The next day she seemed better, but then her heart rate was off the charts and her oxygen dropped to alarming levels and they rushed her to yet another hospital. Wednesday afternoon, she again said she was ready to go "home" and wanted to be with her Lord and Savior. Dad sat on one side of the bed and I on the other while she very gently went to sleep and now she is with our Dear Lord. She and Dad have been married for over 65 years and he is really lost right now.

My brother and sister-in-law and my sister, Joe & Marie and their two boys, and many cousins, uncles and aunts will be coming in this week. We will have the committal service on Thursday for the family in the memorial garden at church and the memorial service will be at church on Friday morning. Our retired Pastor (who is unwell himself and totally blind) has asked to be part of the service along with Pastor Leavitt, and it will definitely be a celebration of her life.

I never got Christmas cards out this year, as Jessi was in another hospital the week this all started with Mom. Her medicine threw her body totally off and it took a little while to get everything straightened out in her system. She is doing fine now and is our beautiful Jessi. She has been a real comfort to me. Also our grandson, Christopher Joe's 2-1/2 yr old has been hospitalized a couple times this winter with pneumonia. He had viral in one lung and bacterial in the other. Now Joe's youngest has been sick. They put in ear tubes and his hearing has improved and also his sense of balance. But he's been sick with a runny nose and chest cough so long that his doctor has scheduled to send Andrew to Colorado to a special children's hospital in February to undergo testing to find out what is going on in this little guy's body. He just turned 1 on the same day that Mom went to heaven.

My heart is very heavy right now as I am feeling such a great loss. I am just so grateful that we are here to help Dad.

Thank you dear friends for being such friends, and I know that I will be able to count on your prayers to help us all through this.

Love, Nancy

[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2007]
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Praying for this poor family.

Love, Pepper
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

This story brings tears to my eyes. I can so feel for this husband now. My parents were married for 58 years when my Dad died and it has been a long struggle for my mom as it has been a year and a half for her and the my sister and I.

It sure sounds like the whole family has just had one thing after another. Lord come into this situation now to this grieving family and comfort them as only you can.

Give them encouragement and hope this day in Jesus name, Amen.

Love,
    Nancy
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

Father please come and bring peace to this family. Please reassure them that this woman is with You in Heaven. May that revelation bring them comfort at this time and the knowledge that they will see her again some day. Please give them strength to do what needs to be done in the next few days. Please raise up some people to help with the practical things that need to be done. Thank you in Jesus Name. Amen.
    Cath
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My prayers for this family, and my sorrow.
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I can not thank you Enough for all the prayers you are sending for this dear Family

YOu are such beautiful people

Thank you so much, they really need it

hugs

kgangel