The Secret on Oprah today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jarjar, Feb 16, 2007.

1. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Oprah did a show on The Secret almost 2 weeks ago.
    Later in the week became the best seller on Amazon.

Today's show is about the reaction to The Secret show.

Mikie was the one who tipped off the whole board on The Secret last year.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I will watch or TiVo it. This thing is getting big. I highly recommend the DVD as well as "What The BLEEP Do We Know?" "The Secret" is much simpler and gives steps to achieve a better life. The "BLEEP" DVD relies more on scientific research as it relates to the same principles in "The Secret."

Would love to hear what everyone thinks about these DVD's and how they have affected their lives.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was someone else who first mentioned it here. I can't remember who it was but I immediately downloaded the DVD and watched it on my computer.

Love, Mikie
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Smart move. I bought it but haven't watched it yet. I did see Oprah today and saw the one a week and a half ago. I thought of you.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you enjoy it. I wish I had bought it but it is expensive. It is sold on e-Bay.

There is quite a discussion going on over on the CFS Board. I expected that it would cause some strong feelings. I think a lot of people, who haven't actually watched it, are having a knee-jerk reaction, thinking it is just another "feel-good" message. I guess if that is what one is expecting, that is what one will get out of it. It's a shame because the message is so much broader than that.

I also think that things come to us when we are ready for them. If we are not ready, nothing will move us. The people on Oprah who had life-changing experiences after watching the DVD were people who were in desperate need of the message. Sometimes, it's just timing which makes all the difference.

Love, Mikie

6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I can imagine that this DVD would bring out many responses, pro and con. And it seems that everyone wants to complicate it and it's not complicated (or anti-God) at all. I was a bit uncomfortable that so much of the DVD was spent on the gain of material things. Of course, that's just my perspective in light of what I've lived with for so long. To me, health is #1. All else can follow that.

Because I'm working to bring positive things into my life instead of negative ones, I won't join the strong discussion.

It IS a challenge to keep thoughts in line, at least in the beginning, isn't it? I'm being good to myself and giving myself some time to acclimate. Starting with that "cup of coffee".

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think it is especially difficult for us. When we feel decent, we throw ourselves into a whirlwind of activity just trying to keep up. When we feel lousy, we just don't feel like meditating and focusing. Still, I know when I spend some quiet time in prayer and meditation, I do feel better.

I did build a large creativity board with pics of the focus of my desires and gratitude, including enlightenment. It helps me to sit in front of it (it's on the inside of the doors on my computer armoire) and just look at the pics. I also added some scripture and inspirational ideas. These things remind me of what I value and what I am thankful for.

Love, Mikie
  8. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

The Secret sounds fascinating. Just the fact that it has so many people talking and so many people stirred up is interesting.

Mikie I like the sound of your "large creativity board with pics of the focus of my desires and gratitude, including enlightenment" This sounds like a great way to stay focused and positive.

hugs Redwillow
  9. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

along with What the Bleep, and Oprah's show. I can hardly wait.

Mikie. I like the idea of a pic. board. I've written down on cards what I want, but I think I'm more a visual person and that would help me remember easier.

I've been working on only positive thoughts, and refuse to let negative ones enter my mind.

I'm also thanking God daily for healing me. I found that dwelling on my aches and pains and talking about it only made things worse. Remember that what we think actually comes about.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

"The Passion Test" which is very good at helping one to really identify what is important in one's life. Sometimes, we think, "Well, if I only had more money..." It isn't the money; it's what the money could provide in our lives. Do we want more money so we don't have to worry, relieving the stress which is so bad for us? Do we want more money to enable us to see our families more often if they do not live near us. Do we need money for treatments and meds. Few of us ever ask for money for greed's sake. Identifying what we need is important. That is what we focus on. God takes care of the details. I really enjoyed this book and it helped me to identify what I feel passionately about in my life.

Love, Mikie