The shake and sleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Mar 18, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I can not have the shake now due to diet constraints and had some problems getting the taste to work last time I tried it. I do plan on trying it again though soon.

What do you think is in the shake that helps people sleep?

Just curious.
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

I think I can have everything by next week except the molasses but did you ever hear of Agave nectar? It is suppose to be a natural sugar/ honey substitute. I tried it today..very good! That might be a good element to the shake.

The weird thing is sicne I started the Leap diet my sleep has been off. At first I was feelignbetter my energy was up and everything and then I noticed my sleep starting getting worse. Two weeks later I can not even tell if the diet is working b/c I am only getting 4 hrs. of sleep. I feel like a zombie and just want to sit around and cry (which I have been doing). I have not felt this bad since last year when I first got sick! I felt so good in Feb. too when my sleep was really working for me..now the lunesta is not helping at all.

I thought the healthy foods esp. without having the sugar would help me! I am so confused on what to do!
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

I will try the shake again. I didn't realize the molasses was that good for you. I thought it was used to sweeten.

I use just use melatonin at night and that did not work either for very long.

I never had a sleep problem until I got CFS..it has to be something with the nervous system that gives us this illness.

Did you use to have sleep problems? Did you take anything else besides the the shake for sleep? I know you are a major source of information on this board!
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

Oh I did not realize you have children.. Wow! That must be hard.

That is a good point about the yeast. I still have to fight that battle!

I get better sleep in the morning too usually but have really weird dreams that keep waking me up. It may be due to the meds.

5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Jane,
    I'm sure we all can relate to your sleep problems. It is so discouraging when we only get a few hours of sleep in spite of our best efforts. I read a Fibro journal recently that suggested rotating different sleep meds so you don't take the same ones every night. That is an acknowlegement that many meds do not work long term. That would require some patience and a co-operative Doctor but I wonder if it won't become more popular.

In the meantime, a few suggestions for the short term. Are you taking the Melatonin with your Lunesta? My ND says that research shows that smaller doses of Melatonin are better. I used to take it with my Imovane.( earlier version of Lunesta) There is always benadryl or some of the newer antihistamines that can usually get you to sleep. According to my Doc., they are all OK to take. I think you have tried other presciption meds but keep working with your Doctor. There are other meds and combinations of meds that can work. We are all different.

Good Luck
    Kathy.
  6. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

what is the shake? What does it do? Sounds like it's a good thing that is safe. Can someone either explain it to me or head me in the right direction.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  7. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

what is the shake? What does it do? Sounds like it's a good thing that is safe. Can someone either explain it to me or head me in the right direction.

Hugs,
    Tigger