the Something Funny Happened Today thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shannonsparkles, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Did something funny happen today?

Post it here!
    ((giggling)) Shannon Bug
  2. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

that you should put a filter in before putting coffee in the container that holds the coffee!

I even poured the water through before I realized I had forgot the coffee filter!

Ewww what a mess. But boy did the kids and me get a laugh out of it to start the morning!

Thank you Shannon for starting this post, we should all be able to get some laughs. Laughing is the best sort of medicine!

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

We were out at the chinese for my brithday meal and Danny's fortune as he read it said "You are a very amphibious person who will go far" We were wondering about this one, thinking did this mean he was a greta swimmer and I read it myself, it said AMBITIOUS person!!!

That gave us a laugh.

Love Annie C
  4. Shannonsparkles

Cromwell, wonder what it would be like to be a very amphibious person! :)

This reminds me of a resume that the teacher used as an example for us in English class. Instead of describing herself as "conscientious," the woman had written, "I'm very contentious."

Before the days of spellcheck, one author misspelled "diary" as "dairy" through the entire length of his memoirs.

(( ))
  5. Shannonsparkles

I walked into my brother's room to visit, and Craig and Dave were playing a very violent war video game. I'm pretty tender-hearted, so I started closing the door and said, "This doesn't look like a Shannon game. I'll go."

Dave said, "Don't worry, we're just playing against eachother."

I glanced at the brothers and said, "Oh, THAT makes me feel better!" Much better to pretend to kill your brother than to pretend to kill an imaginary little computer guy!

They both laughed.

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

After starting the car and letting it warm up, she came inside to get the rest of her stuff before leaving for work.

She looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"Have you seen my car keys?" she said. "I can't find them anywhere!"

"Didn't you just start the car?" I said.

"D'oh!" she said.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]