The songs or words going round & round in your head thing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lease79, Aug 20, 2005.

1. lease79

lease79 New Member

Does anyone find that when they are stressed out, or really not well that this pops up to drive them NUTS!!
    My mind is rarely quiet, but I've found that the last two days after some stress I've had the 'same song going round & round in my head' thing going on & I just can't STOP IT!!
    I know that there were others of you out there that said that you had the same problem, so is it worse when your sick & stressed, or just there constantly??
    Thanks

Lease
  2. revlcb

revlcb New Member

This drives me nuts sometimes! I know that many people with Fibro experience this but, what's the cause? It's almost like a mental OCD.

Lisa
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

you might try one of the Bach Flower Remedies, called White Chestnut. It is for unwanted or negative thoughts that your mind won't let go of. I've used it in times of stress and it really worked. Take care!

Francie
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I am a singer and whenever we have a rehearsal or a "gig", the songs won't leave my head for days. But at least it's better than when I hear some annoyingly BAD song on the radio and that one goes round and round and round...
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

The noises can sometimes be associated with something called 'racing mind or thoughts.'

We seem to have problems with this. I take Klonapin which helps me and some others.

Just my two cents!

Kim

6. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

It always happens to me (with the songs repeating over & over in my head) when I am trying to go to sleep or I will actually start getting it in my dreams and then it will wake me up. So weird... Makes me feel better to know others have experienced this so I know I'm not crazy LOL.

Jessica
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

I have them all the time...and for days and days on end. The worst times are a) ovulation, and b) the week before my period starts. These are the times my anti-depressant just doesn't seem to cover all the PMDD symptoms. They last all night long -- even in my dreams. And if I wake up in the middle of the night, it's right there. It's as if a radio was left on. I've come to realize it's just another one of my crazy symptoms.

The Jacksonville (FL) Times Union had an article on this (and an update when it proved popular) within the last month. Just reading through the top-10 list just about made me crazy!

I should know better!
    song sung blue, mm hmm hmm hmm mmmm mmmmmmm....

HEY! WHO DID THAT![This Message was Edited on 08/22/2005]
  8. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

It happens to me all of the time. The worst incident was after my wedding. My girl friend played that darn song Rock Me Aumedeus by ToTo. All through the 9 hour flight to Heathrow that stupid song rang in my head. Even through the next 5 hour flight to Lisbon. I was so mad at her, hee, hee.
    The next overseas flight I take there will be no bad 80's new wave music allowed!
    A
  9. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

since I am bi-polar I have them all the time, I'm thankful that they are mostly Bon Jovi songs!! lol I much prefer songs in my head than a lot of other thoughts that I have had in my head!!
    Sue
  10. lease79

lease79 New Member

Thankyou all for reaffirming that I am not nuts LOL!
    I don't mind either when I have a tune that is stuck in my head. It only bothers me when the thoughts are 'forceful' & I can't stop them :(

~QUOTE~

Mental OCD was pretty much the diagnosis that I was given for it.
    I've found the only 'cure' for it is to have gentle music going in the background all the time & in the car ;)

Lease
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

but fortunately not all the time. Sometimes it is a song I like, but one time I kept playing the song from the old TV show "Green Acres" in my head for two days! I about went nuts especially since I think it is a stupid song. I guess I am showing my age-does anyone else remember this TV show with Eddie Arnold and Eva Gabor? (Green Acres is the place to be! Farm living is the life for me....)

Ellen
  12. allie42

allie42 Guest

I've had this for years, but many times it has been a blessing for me. I play piano by ear, and the joke is that I only know "hymns ancient and modern". It's true to a large extent, but many times the words and music to one of those old familiar hymns will be playing across my mind as I wake up in the morning, and the words will just fit what I'm facing in the day ahead, or what I was dealing with the night before.

I call this my "background music."
  13. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

but as an adult a song/saying.
    a child trying to sleep (had fm since young) the round a bout would just keep spinning,i used to hold on to my ears to try to make it stop :(
    i dont know what triggers it,,,stress whatever it just seems to happen.
    smiffy
  14. ckahele

ckahele New Member

you crack me up girl!

cyndy
  15. dverre

dverre New Member

I not only hear the songs I hum them at times it drives me crazy and also my hubby. Every so often he will say you are doing it again and sometimes I dont even notice I am doing it until he says it.

Weird ha

dverre
  16. SingFMAway

SingFMAway New Member

It's happened to me all my life. Sometimes I even get words or phrases repeating insescently. For me, it's a musician thing because I play with the rhythm or sing-song quality of the words or phrases.

Having a song running through your head is annoying though! Even if it is a song you LIKE!

The best ways around it that I've found are purposely singing or listen to something different or doing something that occupies your mind intensely.

Being a musician, I will often have the pieces were singing in rehearsal in my head when I'm trying to sleep-- not a good time for that! I've taken to falling asleep to relaxing music. It occupies my mind and blocks out the other stuff.

Good luck with it!

SingFMAway
  17. thomasina

thomasina New Member

So much I want it played at my,well, you know..the end..Gloomy Gus here.

Song is "Amazing"

Thommie
  18. Empower

Empower New Member

Oh THANKS guys! Now I have a whole lot MORE songs to go through my head! LOL!

The one that has stuck with me (which kind of sooths me) is Bob Marleys

"Don't worry, bout a thing
    Coz, every little thing's
    gonna be alright!"

This is my new motto!
  19. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

I used to help take care of an elderly woman with Alzheimers. In addition to her occasional visual hallucinations, she insisted she heard a church choir music coming out of the fan whenever it was on.
  20. BluEyes

BluEyes New Member

My daughter came up with a song to help me with getting the "stuck" song outta my head. It goes something like this...

This is the song, that never ends.
    It is the song, that stays inside your head.
    This is the song, that never ends.
    It is the song, that goes on and on my friend.

(repeat)

The only problem with her remedy... is that now you have a new song STUCK inside your head!!

Oh boy - I hope I haven't made any emenies... or maybe, just maybe, we will all at least have the same song stuck inside our heads!!

:+)

Brenda