THE source for CFIDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulalbert, Sep 10, 2003.

1. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

Hi People,

In previous posts, I have lamented the lack of comprehensive information about CFIDS. I posted a longish list of available treatments copied from a textbook.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a video transcription called "NEW INSIGHTS INTO THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY AND TREATMENT OF CFS." The one I found is from a 2001 Paul Cheney lecture delivered in 2001 and contains bracketed explanations for medical terms.

Do a google search for it and you'll find a 57 page document (I prefer the PDF version). It really offers a nice range of information. I myself am checking a number of the leads suggested.

I know there is a lot of information out there, but I feel that this may be the most authoritative. Until proven otherwise, this is the Bible.

Paul

2. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

I direct your attention to page five of the PDF document which states that the Centers for Disease Control has a working definition of CFIDS.

Do a search within the aformentioned document for "Fukuda in 1994" and it will take you right there.

For an insurance agent or, worse, a doctor, to say this condition is purely psychological in nature when there are hundreds of researchers armed with hundred of studies proving otherwise, is the height of irresponsibility.

Stick it to em.

Paul
  3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Hi Paul........

You see the same things I see. I have read the definition for this DD by the CDC, NIH, et al...... never once is it characterized as a disabling psychiatric condition.

There may be no defintive cause. But it has never been PROVEN to be a psychiatric condition either........

Where is the authority given to put us in the psychiatric category. It certainly isn't based on fact or studys.....makes me want to puke....dojomo

[ advertisement ]