The stronger my faith the more that happens?????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by berley, Aug 6, 2006.

1. berley

berley New Member

Recently I became a born again christian again..... I decided God was more important than drinking and everything else!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, I turned my life around for the better. I'm very proud of myself. Since I've done so my life seems to get crazier and I seem to get more health problems.

The other day I had a family member tell me his opinion of why this could be happening. The stronger my faith the more the devil trys to attack me. Sounds crazy!!!!!!!!! It makes since though if I think about it. When your life is full of sin the devil has you where he wants you. When you turn your back against him and try to live life the right way he attacks you. Its taking me some time to understand this way of thinking, but I think I'm on the right track. It is very scary though...... Please if you could pray for me I need all the help I can get.

Kim
  2. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

your family memeber is probably right on the money.

Prayer said for you...you should be proud of your self.

Stay strong

Tami
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2006]
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

That makes sense to me also but life is not fair. I wish it was and all of us "nice, hard working" people would not be sick. It just doesn't work that way.

I am glad that you made a positive change in your life and I am proud of you too.
  4. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

I was told the same thing by a good friend...good thing God gave them to us. My prayres are with you.

Lillyrose
  5. Prunella

Prunella New Member

You have said it very well. I have been wondering if this is what has been happening to Mel Gibson. I also feel the same thing happening in my own life, but God takes care of his own and we will be more than conquerors in the end.

BTW, I think there is a seperate message board for faith issues that we are supposed to use.
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I agree with you 100%. When I gave my life to Jesus, my son told me "Mom, expect things to get more difficult now." And he was right.

Kim, you might want to post this on the Worship Board which was created for issues related to faith.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  7. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Your family member sounds very wise. As long as you are separated from God, the devil has no worries. The closer you get, the more he (the devil) has to work. Yep, makes total semse to me.

Hang in there and give the old devil the fight of his life. The benefits are eternal.Prayers for you are going up right now.
  8. 1by1

1by1 New Member

this is so true. i have it in my life and my family's life right now. satan is attacking you because you can now make a difference in the lives of others and he doesnt like it. God is stronger than satan, but satan deceives us into thinking that we cant do it. put your faith to work and you will become stronger if you just trust in God and not always what you see. it is hard at times, and i do know it for a fact. but you have done the right thing and my prayers go out to you. you are not alone. God is right there by your side. get with other christians. that will really help you. we all need each other to encourage and hold each other up.
    lbyl
  9. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

You will be in my prayers. I agree totally with what your family member is telling you.

At our church we have this time called "Joy and Concerns". It's a time when people in our small congregation have the opportunity to speak up and announce a joy or ask for special prayers. It just amazes me how many people in our congregation have cancer, FM, CFS, heart problems, financial issues, miscarriages, family ieeus, etc.

It truly appears that once we've accepted God into our life, that our life is fully put to the test. Just remember that you are a good person and God loves you no matter what. And he forgives our sins over and over again. He will help us with ALL of life's challenges.

Thoughts and prayers with you. Take care!

Amy
  10. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

to steal it. Ever heard this? He doesn't wait around he comes to steal it Immediately.You have the choice to become bitter or better.

You have the choice to believe and let GOD see you through or step aside and let Satan rob you.

This is always a chrisis before a promotion. I have gone through the same thing you are going through.Don't give up.

God says rejoice in persecution. If he said do it, there must be a payoff, don't you suppose?

After all nothing happened until he spoke.When he did speak.... he spoke the world into existance.His words are powerful.

You being a child of his also makes your words powerful too...so be careful what you ask for and say.

If your words created as fast as his, would you chang what you say at all?

Stay positive.My prayers are for you.atiledsner
  11. wuki1

wuki1 New Member

I have been experiencing this myself over the last week. I have been a Christian for about 5 yrs., but last Wednesday God showed me the ways in which I was not allowing Him control over my life. I gave all to him. Thursday I was sick with a fever, slept 3 hrs. Thursday night. Sick all day Saturday. Slept 2 hours last night. I feel like the walking dead today but actually I have never been more full of life.

Apparently satan does not know how stubborn I am. When I dig in my heels nothing will budge me. Actually it is encouraging to me to be attacked this obviously. I think God has wonderful things planned for me and satan must be VERY frightened of what I can be when I walk in God's path.

I will keep you at the forefront of my prayers!

12. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

God is so good to us when we have turned our lives over to Him. Satan will continue to attack you. God will never let Satan put more on you than you can bear.

The reason more bad things are happening to you now is because Satan is trying to work extra hard to bring you down. He didn't bring hardship on you before you were saved because he already had your soul.

Be strong in your faith and always remember that through God all things are possible. I have had a few days where I have been depressed and my family members keep reminding me of these things and I am so glad that God has given me an opportunity to remind another of His children.

My favorite Bible verse is as follows: "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Those words give me hope every day of my life, and they can give you hope also. I will pray for you.

Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2006]
  13. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Just think that if you stand true and faithful to the Lord what your reward will be when this life is over. I agree with your family. The devil is very angry that he lost one of his followers and he wants to taunt you and tempt you so that you will turn your back on the Lord and follow him. When my husband first became born again, the devil was constantly attacking him. But he has remained steadfast and true and things are getting so much easier.

When the devil comes up against you, put on you whole armour of God and fight and pray and he WILL flee.

love,
    Andrea
  14. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

IF GOD IS FOR US,WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?

Proud of you hang in there. sixtyslady
  15. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Kim,

I am so thrilled you have been saved. How wonderful to have another sister in Christ.

You are right about Satan attacking, he's got the sinful ones, it's a person who follows Jesus who is the real conquest!! He works hard on our family evry Sunday morning, we always seem to bicker the most while on our way the church.

Good luck and I have sent up a prayer for you,
    Dani
  16. Bambi

Bambi New Member

sense of since we don't think like God and we are so twisted by the thinking of the world which is in the hands of Satan for now.

The bible says that once you find the truth that turning from it is like a dog returning to it's own vomit. Sorry to be so graffic but the bible IS graffic. So at that point God lets go of us and lets us go pursue our wrong ways.

But there's only one unforgivable sin, taking the Lord's name in vain, so He is good and kind enough to take us back if we tire of our worldly ways and sincerely repent. Remember it also said we are tested and tried by God before we are accepted..and it's never an easy test.

Just keep doing what is right, praying hard, reading your bible, keeping your mind on the uplifting and never forget the sacrifice that allows us all a chance to the resurection and life.
    Hugs, (((((((Bambi))))))
  17. IEMom

IEMom New Member

I want to encourage you to keep walking with God. I experience the same test of my faith again and again, and I've been a Christian for 15 years!

But GOd always works in mysterious ways. When you walk through the hardship your faith grows and you have proof that you have the strength in God to do anything.

God never gives us more than we can handle. I truly believe that.

GOd bless you!
  18. sandyblue

sandyblue New Member

AMEN to that! I'll say some "Lords Prayers" and "Hail Mary's" for you.
    God bless!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2006]
  19. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

Kim,
    I have always felt this way... It says that our fight is not"flesh and blood but powers and principalities of the air" simple spiritual warfare... especially if you have chosen to give your life to Christ..
    I feel that I have went thru the worst of times but I have become so much stronger as to what is important and what really matters.
    keep the faith strong and your season will come to a better one.
    Blessings.
    Iggy