The structure of the ME brain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rafiki, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Your brain is a masterpiece,divided into two parts, left and right.

In the left nothing is right and in the right nothing is left.

Dr.G.Rajesh Gopal

[This Message was Edited on 08/30/2007]
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Three ME patients are at the doctor's office to take a memory test.

The doctor says to the first one, "What is three times three?" "274," was the reply.

The doctor worriedly says to the second patient, "It's your turn. What is three times three?" "Tuesday" replies the second.

The doctor sadly says to the third, "Okay, your turn. What's three times three"? "Nine" says the last patient.

"That's great!" exclaims the doctor. "How did you get that"?

"That was easy Doc, "I just subtracted 274 from Tuesday."
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

An ME patient walks into the Doctor's office and says, "Doctor, please help me. I have a terrible problem with farting. It's not really a social problem, because you can't smell it or hear it, but I must have farted 20 times since talking to you."

The Doctor nods his head and says, "Take this bottle of pills and use them all. When they are all gone in about 2 weeks, come back to see me."

The ME patient comes back 2 weeks later and is angry. She says "What was in those pills? I fart just as much. You still can't hear them, but now they smell horrible!"

The Doctor again nods his head and says, "Great, that takes care of your sinus problem, now let's work on your hearing."

4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

These are taken from actual medical records dictated by doctors. Absolutely hysterical!

5. mezombie

mezombie Member

I can't stop!!!
  6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You laughing at the link???

I was in agony! OMG, I'm starting again!!!

Tooooooooooooo hysterical!

7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Wasn't gonna read the post cause I thought it was full of technical stuff and tonight I just can't concentrate...

Well...this is some of the funniest stuff I have read in a long time.

thanks so much, i was sitting here feeling sorry for myself due to my Dr. appt. in the morning...

thanks are a hoot!!!(compliment)

8. victoria

victoria New Member

I especially like the first one tho!

I've seen the jokes at the link, still funny! -- I think the one, "alive but without permission' is very applicable too!!!

Sometimes I wonder if I had an expiration date nobody knew about..

9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I know. I needed a big laugh, too!

Good luck tomorrow!

Peace to you,

PS I'm moving the link... it deserves its own thread!

10. kellyann

kellyann New Member

What is ME?

11. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

The fog is, indeed, thick these days! I find it so hard to handle. I'm putting it all down to the weather. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :~)

Peace to you,
  12. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Oxytocin is a very interesting substance that does seem implicated in so much of what goes wrong with us. What a shame that you couldn't continue with it! Where is the Thymus and what does it do? I would be interested in giving it a shot, especially after hearing that you could think for an entire day... I wouldn't know if I had a pain over my thymus.

We can make our own Oxytocin under the right circumstances and I think we really should all give that real consideration :~) I'm actually quite serious although it's difficult to suggest that without it seeming a little flippant. It's interesting that you said your brain felt like marbles for the first 1/2 hour... sounds about right.

Have you ever nursed a child? It's supposed to be a great way to encourage oxytocin production. I've never given birth so I have no idea.

I wonder why more is not heard about oxytocin and ME? I'm going to do a little research. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think it would be great if you did start a thread about it!

Re the UTI. A UTI always makes me feel worse in every possible way including cognitively. Also, people in nursing homes suffering from dementia or other illnesses which effect cognition deteriorate terribly when they have a UTI.
    I put myself on cipro on the basis of my own primitive urinalysis and feel somewhat better but still stoopid.

May I ask what herbs you use? The cipro horror stories do give me pause.

Today a 65 year old former flame cycled out to my place from his which is waaaaaay across town and up a steep hill. He looks fab. for his age and is in great shape but, given his years and the fact that his 66th birthday is in a week, we discussed his fears about aging. He said he did not fear death but did fear disability and cognitive decline. I shared from the perspective of a 55 year old experiencing both and he looked totally incredulous when I spoke of the cognitive problems.

I have now reached the point where I am so happy to not appear to be feeling the way I actually feel! I coloured in my face and didn't look sick and I was prompted constantly by my friend in conversation and could disguise the little DUH moments.

What I do when I go blank is just keep looking the other person right in the eye with a great big smile on my face (unless, of course, I was not smiling before going blank!) as if I'm waiting for them to say something. I can see them thinking that they must have missed something and try to figure out what to say. I didn't set out to do this, it just happened and it works beautifully. OMG, I hope I'm not making them feel demented!

Anyway, he brought lunch... it was good.

I must be feeling better. I just blabbed on and on and on! And, that's after spending 2 1/2 hours with a friend!

Do you suppose there's hope for us???

Peace to you,

[This Message was Edited on 09/02/2007]
  13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

of jokes, Rafiki. Thanks for the laughs.

14. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Not a bit of ruining the thread! I love your little nonsense verse... Ovrwhelm Nash from now on!

I usually find that I feel a little better if I have just the right kind of stimulation for a limited time and the friend I saw yesterday is perfect. He is quiet, soft spoken and speaks in a measured, thoughtful way. There is no frantic or rattling energy about him and he is very gentle. He is also very intelligent so can be stimulating to just the right degree. He has a very therapeutic presence. I see him about once a year and always feel good during and afterwards.

Oxytocin is produced during childbirth, nursing, and orgasm. It is available in a nasal spray which is a very good way to get a substance to the brain. Apparently, it doesn't cross the b/b barrier very well when injected. Sub-lingual would probably be the second best way to get across the barrier and was probably the safest way for your doc. to test it on you. Such a pity!!!

I did a little googling and checked here for old posts on it and found some people talking about it in 03 and again, briefly in 07 but it didn't seem to make too much of a stir on the board although there is a lot of interest in it other places. I am very intrigued.

Yikes! That cipro blend is alarming! Don't touch it! I think I'm switching to Doxycycline as I find cipro, doxy and Zithro all to be effective. I have tested positive for mycoplasmas and think they are beaten back but not into submission and return after a while. It's a stopgap measure but I don't have anyone to work with me just now and I can't muster the ability to overcome my inertia and find someone .

What else did you say???

Nice to just yack, thanks for the opportunity. I am finding it impossible to write or respond to emails as it seems that one must actually compose something and that defeats me.

I must say that you seem to be clever and quick and you don't think sick! ;~) But, girlfriend, this does get tiresome does it not!? I really wish I could drink as there is no danger of post-partum depression!

Peace to you,
  15. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

story was both funny (?) and frightening! You just know that "they" are still doing things that are equally ridiculous with no more understanding than we have ever had. We always look at yesterday and say: we were so foolish then! We forget that it is axiomatic that we are so foolish now!

Peace out,
  16. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Please forgive me I do not know what the intials stand for.
    What is ME? Please tell me. I honestly do not know. I am not trying to make fun of anyone. I just want to know what it means PLEASE! Call it fibrobrain, I don't know. I think it is kind of like CFS but not exactly.

Thanks so much!

17. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm sorry, I missed your question somehow!!! ME brain.

I'm going to give a slightly different answer to your question.

ME, or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, is the name by which the disease which hit Incline Village has historically been known. There have been many outbreaks and individual cases in the past and it has been known by many local names but Myalgic Encephalomyelitis has been the official name for many decades.

In Canada (where I live) and elsewhere, it is still called ME and not Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Sorry I didn't see you!