The Sun Should I stay out of it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Just to let you know I have tested positive for the Lupus anticoagulant and anticardioglophin (sorry for sp). So this may be for the Lupus board... Still have not confirmed Lupus as of yet. I do have FM...

Anyway--- I hear all of this about sun sensitivity and I do get mild skin rashes in the sun, seem to be super sensitive to it. My last bad flare was after being at the beach.

Can I still go in the sun and use lots of (50) sunscreen or am I supposed to avoid it all together? I live on the water, so the thoughts of avioding it is a real bummer. Just wondering if I have to cover up or the sunscreen may do the trick.

Your opionions are appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kim :)
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've had Lupus for several years, and at the very beginning, I could handle the sun. But as the years have passed (now in my 60's), I literally avoid it as much as possible.

Even if I go out in the overcast, the UV Rays will still get me. So I do use lots of sunscreen, hat & a mask at times.

It's a real limitation, I know!! Used to live in Hawaii & now California, so keeps me housebound way too much.

You'll know what you can handle.

LIGHT*************carole