The sweetest thing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Zzzsharn, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

We all love our children- no matter if they are young or old. And sometimes they can say something that stops you in your tracks.. Mine came last night, I want to share this with you all.

My 5 yr old daughter, Lexi, goes to daycare everyday, because I work full time. Riddled with guilt that I can't do the things I'd like to do with her, and angry at myself for losing patients a lot because I'm always in pain and grouchy. I often worry that I'm not the best I can do for my kids.

Anyway, her class went on a field trip yesterday, to one of those build a bear places.. She got to make a stuffed dog.. after they choose their dog, they stuff it and name it and get a certificate for it.. Well, they also put a heart in inside, it's a plastic chip type thing..

She said the lady said to clap your hands, touch your feet, turn around, kiss the heart and then make a wish and put it inside your doggy..

So, Lexi says, Mumma, Can I tell you my wish? I said sure Lex, you can tell me. What did you wish for.. getting ready to make a mental note for the next "treat" I want to get her.

She said, well, I wished for one of those chairs that roll for you.. I said, you did? She said yeah, you know they have BIG wheels on them, and you get to be pushed so you don't have to hurt when you walk...

I wanted to pull my car over and hug her forever.

Be well,
    Sharon
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

from the mouths of babes-how darling. Love Anne C
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

What a Beautiful thing to Happen to you Sharon!! You'r like me i always worried that i wasn't doing enough for my girls! and now they are grown up and have turned into wonderful adults!!.................................................This touched my Heartstrings !! Lexi Loves her Mumma very much! wants you to be in less pain!! How sweet!!.......................Hugs........sydney
  4. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Lexi is one precious lil girl and you are the great mom who raised her!
  5. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I'm happy to share such a special moment in my mothering!

I'm so blessed to have her.

She's such a compassionate soul.

Thanks for letting me share a little bit of her with you all.

Sharon