The tonsils are gone...rotor rootered nose too....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missnae1, May 17, 2003.

1. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

Not a very fun procedure. Guess I'll have to wait a couple weeks to see if it helps. It's no picnic though let me tell you. PAIN PAIN PAIN. It's good thing the Dr. gave me lots of pain meds. They put splints in my nose and have to wait unitl Tuesday before the remove them. Until then, it's mouth breathing all the way.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are in my prayers. I know how painful this must be. Take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

Love, Mikie
  3. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

It's day three and I think the worst part is over. It's been "tolerable" so far. If nothing else the TMJ is better already! Time will tell if it helps with engergy and overall feeling better.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Hope you are feeling better!! I've had the nose "roto-rootered" as you put it, splints in the nose & breathing only thru the mouth, etc.! The best part for me was that after this, my inhalant allergies have never again been as bad----before the surgery, I had to breathe thru only my mouth a lot anyway, I was so congested constantly. That surgery was in 1983, still doing well 20 years later as far as the nose stuff goes.

I had my surgery done at the U of Nebraska Medical Center---I remember they used plastic cut from coffee can lids for the splints!

Hope your recovery goes well---for me, this surgery was worth it (I didn't have the tonsil part)!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. athome

athome New Member

gOOD FOR YOU!!!

i HAD THIS DONE IN 2000.HAD TO HAVE MORE SPLINTS INSERTED TEN DAYS LATER BECAUSE AUTO ACCIDENT PUSHED MY SEPTUM OUT OF PLACE AGAIN AFTER THE ENT HAD ROTO-ROOTERED A BIG BONE SPUR OFF. THAT WAS HELL.

THIS OPERATION WAS THE BEST THING EVER DONE FOR ME. aFTER DECADES OF SINUS INFECTIONS, I DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE ONE TILL A BAD BAD FLARE THIS WINTER.

HANG IN THERE. I DID FIND THAT "SNORTING" SALINE SOLUTION DAILY HELPED IMMENSELY.

TTFN
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is the single most important thing we can do to avoid sinus problems.

Love, Mikie