THE TRANSCRIPT OF MY FMS INTERVIEW!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmelodyg, Aug 4, 2003.

1. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

OK, here goes!!! The interview looked wonderful!!!!! The offer still stands if anyone wants a copy of the interview. I also have "I Remember Me", and a great interview with a Neurolgist who is VERY Pro-Pain Management and his discussion about the importance of it. I can put them all on a tape, if you e-mail me, send me a blank tape and some shipping money!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the transcript:

Carrie Lazurus (Health Cast reporter):
    "We begin tonight with a story about pain, constant pain. You hurt all over and frequently feel exhausted. That's what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia, a painful condition that affects mostly women, mostly in child-bearing years. In Hometown Health this evening we meet an Eastwood woman who is trying not to allow Fibromyalgia to slow her down. It takes every ounze of energy for Kathryn to walk to her computer. She is just 25, but she lives in constant pain."

Kathryn (me!):
    "...and I've had pain since I was a teenager, but, you know, at this point it is unbearable. I went to my doctor. I talked to him and I said, "You need to help me, I need to find out what's wrong." And he did test after test, couldn't find out what it is, so I did my own research."

Carrie:
    "Kathryn turned to the internet for help. That's where she learned that her symptoms of fatigue, pain, and depression, matched up with two diseases, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. A Chronic Pain syndrome that affects up to ten million Americans. But it's only recently that Fibromyalgia has come to the attention of the medical community."

Kathryn:
    "So many people are going through this problem where they're having problems convincing their families and friends that this is real, it's NOT in our heads!"

Carrie:
    "The battle of awareness that Kathryn tries to fight, along with pain everyday."

Kathryn:
    "I'm on that computer, I'm on the phone, I'm writing letters everyday, because I'm fighting for me and all of us out there!"

Carrie:
    "Kathryn is also writing a book about the disease, and is starting up a Fibromyalgia support group. We'll keep you posted when it's up and running. In the mean time, we can link you through to some websites that Kathryn found helpful. Just go to (erased due to board rules, just look for WIXT in search engine) and head to Family Healthcast page. And join us at 11:00 for the latest treatments for Fibromyalgia."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So, it's short , but sweet. It's a start! They left out soooooooooo many things that I said! But it is better than nothing! I will also post the 11:00 report's transcript for you too so you can hear about that.

Pretty cool, huh? Please let me know what you think!!!

Lots of love,
    Kathryn
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

I know how it is when what you feel is important is left out but this transcript highlights very important facts. Even more important it portrays a courageous and strong woman who despite her FM is determined enough to do her own research AND is writing a book.

WOW. You did good.

Love

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2003]
  3. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I AM SO GLAD THAT U GOT THE MESSAGE ACROSS!! WISH WE HAD SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN UK WHERE IT IS SO HARD TO FIND ANYONE WHO HAS EVER HEARD OF FIBRO!!!
    HOPE GOOD THINGS COME FROM YOUR INTERVIEW AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR BEING SO BRAVE!!
    RENA UK XX
  4. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

I think it was fantastic!!!! You did great. You put it all together and pulled it off and it came out well!
    Sure it is short (and sweet) but that doesn't matter a bit cause it tells alot in so few words. I think sometimes that works best!
    PS Yes I would love to get a tape of the neurologist who is pro pain care. I will try to to remember to ask you, and sent the blank tape etc. when I get back in a month.
    Have you read the War Against Pain? I heard it was very good and want to get it. Will let you know if I do.
    Ziggy

5. healing

healing New Member

You did a great job!!! It's a start, and we are so grateful for your coming back to us with the transcript. You are hired! ;o)
  6. insomniac1

insomniac1 New Member

HI GOOD JOB ON THE INTERVIEW. I AM PROUD OF YOU AND YOU GOT TO BREAK THE ICE FOR SO MANY OF US WHO CAN'T. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY. KRIS
  7. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hello Kathryn,
    Pat yourself on the back, if you can without pain. Great interview, hope you feel good about it cause it is your opinion that really counts. Thank you for being an advocate for so many that have no voice or the means to get a listening audiance. Have a great night.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)