THE USE OF A CANE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sipa_11957_2000, Aug 28, 2002.

1. sipa_11957_2000

sipa_11957_2000 New Member

Hi just had a social security disability hearing yesterday and went well. How ever won't know any thing for 1 to 4 months my laywer told me.

The reason for my subject title today is. The judge at the hearing questioned my cane. He said it didn't look like a medical cane and where did I purchase it!!!! So if and when you go for any disability hearings please make sure if you are using a cane or wheel chair for that matter make sure you have a prescription and or it is documented in your medical records that your dr. suggested it or prescribed it. AND MAKE SURE IT IS A MEDICAL ONE not a cheap one from a discount store or a fancy one from on line, mail order place, or a antique as any one can purchase them. I didn't know that would make a difference but the judge will question it TRUST ME I KNOW!!!! Needless to say I have a prescription for mine. How ever mentioning that I use a wheel chair occasionally from a store, zoo, etc...... Make sure that it is in your medical records that a dr suggested it. It is surprising what a dr. will say to a patient and not make note of it in your medical files. SO get copies of all your medical records so you know what is in them.

I am new here and never posted before but just wanted to let you know from my own expieriences.
    Thanks for listing, Look forward to hearing from any of you that have any questions I will keep you posted on my disability decision.
    Thanks again,
    LOVE TO ALL,
    SIPA Marsha
  2. sipa_11957_2000

sipa_11957_2000 New Member

Hi just had a social security disability hearing yesterday and went well. How ever won't know any thing for 1 to 4 months my laywer told me.

The reason for my subject title today is. The judge at the hearing questioned my cane. He said it didn't look like a medical cane and where did I purchase it!!!! So if and when you go for any disability hearings please make sure if you are using a cane or wheel chair for that matter make sure you have a prescription and or it is documented in your medical records that your dr. suggested it or prescribed it. AND MAKE SURE IT IS A MEDICAL ONE not a cheap one from a discount store or a fancy one from on line, mail order place, or a antique as any one can purchase them. I didn't know that would make a difference but the judge will question it TRUST ME I KNOW!!!! Needless to say I have a prescription for mine. How ever mentioning that I use a wheel chair occasionally from a store, zoo, etc...... Make sure that it is in your medical records that a dr suggested it. It is surprising what a dr. will say to a patient and not make note of it in your medical files. SO get copies of all your medical records so you know what is in them.

I am new here and never posted before but just wanted to let you know from my own expieriences.
    Thanks for listing, Look forward to hearing from any of you that have any questions I will keep you posted on my disability decision.
    Thanks again,
    LOVE TO ALL,
    SIPA Marsha