The vacation from Hellneed your input

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kay31, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Just returned from two really awful weeks in Florida. I was in the midst of a CFS flare and decided that maybe the change would help.

The fact that I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours max - had to drug myself up with 3 Xanax per day plus Ambien to keep going only added to my anxiety. My traveling buddies can't seem to absorb how difficult it is to navigate without sleep. They could sleep with a train rambling thru the house.

I've been traveling with them for several years. One of them has a somewhat "toxic" personality...given to angry outbursts - which didn't help. I, of course, was part of the problem. Just couldn't be my "ha ha" self. They said I worry ahead of time that I won't be able to do things. Yup, guilty as charged.

Now, back to the sleep issue. Ambien and Xanax just don't work for me any more. Dr. has me on Neurontin or Amy to see if this works. I took myself off the Amy about 6 mos. ago because of the weight issue. Have any of you been thru this misery and found something that helps with sleep? I am so alert at bedtime that I feel as if I've been shot out of a cannon....ready for combat.

I guess I feel like the Ambien has run its course with me.
    Sorry to ramble on so, but the lack of sleep has made me a zombie. Took two Neurontins last night and felt like I was in a coma this morning.
  2. Didoe

Didoe New Member

Kay
    This may sound so primitive but it may help...
    I actually bought a CD of ocean waves (Amazon online). It plays for more than 60 minutes, I never made it thru the entire CD. It cost $8. I also take Ambien CR, but used the CD before I got the meds.

I also had to drop amy, but neurontin put over 100lbs on me and gave me the shakes.

Try not to watch television for half hour before trying to sleep...the rapid imagery can wind you up without realizing it
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

Well, that certainly doesn't sound like a vacation! Rotten sleep will wreck things in no time.

Good old Klonopin has been a life-saver for me. I get decent sleep and wake up alert.

Sometimes I add Melatonin if I'm having a hard time getting to sleep.

BTW, would you mind deleting your duplicate posts from the board?
  4. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Thanks to all for answering my message.

Kay