THE VIEW WANTS YOU

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Jan 21, 2007.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

if you go to their website they are looking for topics and people to come on the show. i would do it but i get stage fright and would stumble all over.

anyone here up to it?
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

The VIEW is about more than Rosie O'Donnell feuding with Donald Trump???!!
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I'm afraid that Rosie and Barbara would just make it all a big farce, call us 'druggies', 'lazy', etc. Especially when they find out that some of us are on disability, and I can just imagine the jokes that they would come up with about our chronic fatigue!!

If it were a more serious venue, I would definitely consider it-like Montel, or someone I felt I could trust to carry this issue seriously. But Rosie? No way!! She'd be laughing all the way to the bank again! And then she'd compare our weaknesses to the people in her life that hate her, and vise versa!!

I could just see it now-we'd end up causing even more people to misunderstand what Fibro/Chronic Fatigue really is, and being in chronic pain is all about. There is NOTHING sacred when it comes to Rosie-don't trust that woman with ANYTHING!!!

No way, Jose-I'd never try to talk sense into her, Barbara, or anyone except Elizabeth on THAT show!!! PG
  4. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

except I am boycotting the show!!!
  5. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

He didn't want to do a show on FM and/or CFIDS/M.E. believe it or not last year or the year before, etc. He has not been very sympathetic/empathetic towards our plight. He seems to forget that many with stage 1 or 2 MS can still work as much as I wouldn't wish that awfully debilitating disease on anyone. My uncle, on the other hand, has the degenerative kind of MS.

I was disappointed that Montel's producer said they weren't interested in doing a show on FM and/or CFIDS/M.E. any time soon. Hm...

It doesn't hurt to keep after him, though.

As for "The View," well...

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)
  6. balletdancer74

I also live within walking distance of the studios. Go figure. Yes, I think Rosie would "try" to make a mockery of both FM and/or CFIDS/M.E., but with the right people up there speaking, she'd be caught in every potentially snide remark.

As for Barbara, well, she might revert to her originally good reporting days from '20/20.' Who knows...

I'll check out the site...We shouldn't live in fear. I was invited by a good friend who has M.E., FM, etc. to attend the show, and they focused on cancer. It can't hurt to try. Besides, while I don't watch the show, they need to get off the whole Rosie/Trump feud! lol It's all for ratings though they really don't seem to like each other...gee - I wonder why?!?!? lol

Thanks for the information, leftygg...

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)

p.s.
    Dr. Enlander, another patient and I were on a local ABC show five years back about M.E. Anything is possible. :)
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is now what tabloids are to legit newspapers. They have used Rosie to bolster their ratings and that becomes addictive and necessary to compete in the marketplace. They have lost all credibility with the public. What they want are controversial topics so they can sensationalize them. I really do not believe they would be fair, even if they were to do a segment on FMS/CFIDS. Joy has already made jokes on the show about people on disability, living in trailers. I don't think this would be in our best interest. JMHO.

Love, Mikie
  8. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

But, if it were the Today show with Meredith, or even the ABC morning show, I would do it.
    It would have to be someone who is trustworthy and really interested in learning about Fm.
  9. balletdancer74

That "could" be our demise!

Oprah is nearly impossible to reach. Believe me. When I worked for a big record lable in publicity promoting already very famous singers, we had to "send over gifts" which didn't guarantee anything. sigh...

She had a show many, many years ago about "invisible illnesses" but left the poor little girl with CFIDS/M.E. last so she had very little time to explain how she was feeling. Someone with Lyme and some other now better known illnesses were on as well. Of course, M.E. got the short end of the stick again.

Sending letters to a group of shows all at once has been attempted before - sort of blasting the shows with CFIDS/M.E. or FM...It didn't make much of a dent, but it wouldn't hurt to do again...

Someone credible will do a show on us...Keep your chins up!

Oh, and Meredith Veira's (sp?) husband has degenerative MS, so she might be sympathetic...

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)
  10. michele3322

michele3322 New Member

I went to the web site and wrote a pretty heart felt plea. In it I expressed that we are the same people that watch the show and we need to be heard. I have wrote oprah many times..... I'm at the point I would be willing to do a video diary, that could be quit scary but real.I have thiis DD for a reason and I want to use it to help as many of that I can.